COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus is not God - Joshua Evans (former Youth Minister)

mani94mani94 ex-Catholic PExer
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/v/YW99U4JWNEc[/VIDEO]

Introduction [start time 00:00]
Reason #10 - God Can not be Born! [start time 04:00]
Reason #09 - There are no explicit textual evidence in the Bible [start time 05:05]
Reason #08 - No one has seen God! [start time 09:20]
Reason #07 - This was not the belief of early Christians [start time 11:31]
Reason #06 - Jesus Ate, Slept, and Prayed [start time 14:38]
Reason #05 - Jesus claimed that God's Knowledge is greater than his [start time 16:44]
Reason #04 - Jesus Explicitly states that he is not God [start time 20:10]
Reason #03 - Son of God? [start time 22:50]
Reason #02 - God does not change [start time 29:29]
Reason #01 - God is the object of Worship! [start time 43:05]
Conclusion [start time 46:42]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/v/3NB0n5nPP90&feature=relmfu[/VIDEO]

Comments

• mani94mani94 ex-Catholic PExer
    In the Qur'an, there are many stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic). The Qur'an recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Qur'an also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself. Below are some direct quotations from the Qur'an regarding his life and teachings of Jesus.

He Was Righteous
    "Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

He Was a Prophet
    "Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

He Was a Humble Servant of God
    "And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" (5:116-117).

His Teachings
    "When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65)
    I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.
    John 5:30

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
    “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Mark 12:28-30

“You shall have no other gods before me.
    “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Exodus 20:3-4

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.

Matthew 22:36-37

He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
    “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

Luke 10:27-28
    Jesus told her, "Don't hold on to me, because I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
    John 20:17

But Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.'"
    Luke 4:8

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Matthew 19:17

And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent-Jesus the Messiah.
    John 17:3

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy them, but to fulfill them
    Matthew 5:17

The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
    {Noble Quran 3:59}
  • kuroihikarikuroihikari Moderator PExer
    Parang David Letterman lang, a.
  • JesusDiedLolJesusDiedLol Member PExer
    jesus Is God. he is always with us.
    Jesus-With-You-Always-Meme-Banned-In-Hollywood-10.jpg
    Islam, besides Christianity, is the only major world religion that recognizes Jesus (PBUH). A Muslim’s belief is incomplete without Jesus (PBUH).

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

“If anyone testifies that none has the right to be worshiped but God alone who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger, and that Jesus is God’s servant and His Messenger and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit from Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he has done even if those deeds were few.”

The Quran refers to Jesus as the Messiah (al-Maseeh) at least nine times. For further reading: The Descriptive Titles of Jesus in the Quran
  • OrionPaxOrionPax Fire Bomber Lead Guitarist PExer
    Joshua Evans WHO?? (pun intended) :lol:
    "Behold! The angels said, 'Oh Mary! God has chosen you and purified you, chosen you above the women of all nations. Oh Mary! Worship your Lord devoutly. Prostrate yourself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down'"
    (Noble Quran 3:42-43).

(Remember) When the angels said O Mary! God Gives thee Good News of a son through a Word from Him! His name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who Are Granted Nearness to God!
    (Noble Quran 3.45)

She said My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me ? He Said, That is as it shall be. God Creates what He Pleases. When He decrees a thing He says to it "Be" and it is!
    (Noble Quran 3.47)
  • BowenBowen Member PExer
    They are a dime a dozen.
  • Frank_MackyFrank_Macky Heretic / Infidel PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    This is the reason quite a few intellectual minds are drawn to Islam over Christianity, I guess. Less weirdo doctrines and a more solid philosophical abstract base. But at the end of it all, it is just another bogus Abrahamic religion.
  • caporegimecaporegime ilpadrino lite™ PExer
    "...God Creates what He Pleases. When He decrees a thing He says to it "Be" and it is!"

Err, what if God wanted to be born to a virgin?
    This is the reason quite a few intellectual minds are drawn to Islam over Christianity, I guess. Less weirdo doctrines and a more solid philosophical abstract base. But at the end of it all, it is just another bogus Abrahamic religion.

If you read the Christian scripture as you would interpret program source code it won't be any more "weirder", I think.
    caporegime wrote: »
    "...God Creates what He Pleases. When He decrees a thing He says to it "Be" and it is!"

Err, what if God wanted to be born to a virgin?

Ang sagot dyan sa tanong mo nasa first video... sa post number 1.

Peace sa lahat, and may God Almighty guide us to the path most pleasing for Him.

www.the-koran.com
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    Sama mo INC sa studies mo. We also do not believe that Christ is God-- and we have Biblical basis.

It wouldn't hurt to try and take a look at the INC doctrines on the nature of Christ. You've got nothin' to lose. 'Course, it's more reliable to attend one of the open-house bible studies rather than rely on the Internet. :)
    mani94 wrote: »
    Ang sagot dyan sa tanong mo nasa first video... sa post number 1.

That God doesn't change? What if change is in his nature and that's what doesn't change? Ika nga ng kasabihan:

The only thing constant is change?
  • SmartDessaSmartDessa Things divide;Christ unites PExer
    should Jesus be worshipped?
  • Lola_RoseLola_Rose IMPERSONATED PExer
    ^If we consult the Bible, yes. I've posted the verse somewhere here in the past. It's God's command to worship Christ.
  • BowenBowen Member PExer
    The Father said to the Son, "Your throne O God..."

Psalms 45:6
    Hebrews 1:8

Yes, we should worship Jesus.
    Did Jesus (PBUH) said worship me? :hmm: Sino ba mas marunong sa pag explain ng scriptures, tayo or si Jesus (PBUH) mismo? Again, lahat ng mga sagot sa tanong nyo nandun na sa "short" video...

But Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'You must worship the Lord your God and serve ONLY him.'"
    Luke 4:8

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy them, but to fulfill them
    Matthew 5:17

And this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent-Jesus the Messiah.
    John 17:3

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
    Matthew 19:17

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file