COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Unaffiliated Christian

I profess belief in the Christian faith and the Word, but not in a particular denomination. I was baptized in the Catholic manner, but I no longer feel obliged to call myself a Catholic. I believe that the Christian faith is greater than any denomination, that no denomination has been granted the exclusive right to claim salvation for its members, and claim the Lord denies it to others. I believe that people do not have to agree on a laundry list of specific beliefs to be saved; if a person can believe Jesus is both human and divine, then why shouldn't they, for example, accept faith needs works to be sufficient? I believe that the act of accepting the Lord's blessings is not a ritual, sacrament, or even declaration per se, but an ongoing commitment to living and thinking in the Christian way. We are continuously being baptized through our actions in the Spirit, not at a specific date by water or paper.

Are there others on this forum who believe in this manner?

Comments

• sophionsophion Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Thats ok. There really was no "Catholic Church", or "Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo)", or "Baptist Church", in biblical times. No Christian religion. What really mattered to Jesus was charity and spirituality.
  • gad_moon1gad_moon1 Banned by Admin PExer
    sophion wrote: »
    Thats ok. There really was no "Catholic Church", or "Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo)", or "Baptist Church", in biblical times.

true. The Catholic church came later, and the Baptist even later. Also true, there's no Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo). What's in "biblical times" or what can be found in the bible is Iglesia ni Cristo, here:
    "Take heed therefore to yourselves and to all the flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, to feed teh church of Christ which he has purchased with his blood.
    Acts 20:28 Lamsa
    "
    No Christian religion.
    Wrong.
    What really mattered to Jesus was charity and spirituality.
    Wrong.
    gad_moon1 wrote: »
    what can be found in the bible is Iglesia ni Cristo, here:
    "Take heed therefore to yourselves and to all the flock over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, to feed teh church of Christ which he has purchased with his blood.
    "
    Wrong

Catholic Bible
    Take heed to yourselves and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the Church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood.

KJV
    Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

NIV
    Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Jewish Bible
    "Watch out for yourselves, and for all the flock in which the Ruach HaKodesh has placed you as leaders, to shepherd God's Messianic community, which he won for himself at the cost of his own Son's blood
    Also true, there's no Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo)
    hey thanks for admitting that! yeah the religion that Felix Manalo established was very different from those who followed christ in the bible. *okay*
    Wrong

Catholic Bible
    Take heed to yourselves and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the Church of God which he hath purchased with his own blood.

you'll be hard-pressed to explain how he(God in Church of God) in this one instance can purchase the church WITH HIS OWN BLOOD. I'm SURE you don't know from other verses of the bible that "God is SPIRIT", and spirits "DON'T HAVE FLESH AND BONES", and therefore no blood.

:lol: maraming beses na na explain ng mga INC ito pero obviously ayaw tumubo sa inyo.
    hey thanks for admitting that! yeah the religion that Felix Manalo established was very different from those who followed christ in the bible. *okay*

Are you always a bold faced cheater? It's even on the same page and you couldn't resist twisting what I said. This is what I said:
    true. The Catholic church came later, and the Baptist even later. Also true, there's no Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo). What's in "biblical times" or what can be found in the bible is Iglesia ni Cristo, here:
    "

Wrong.

Wrong.
    you'll be hard-pressed to explain how he(God in Church of God) in this one instance can purchase the church WITH HIS OWN BLOOD. I'm SURE you don't know from other verses of the bible that "God is SPIRIT", and spirits "DON'T HAVE FLESH AND BONES", and therefore no blood.

:lol: maraming beses na na explain ng mga INC ito pero obviously ayaw tumubo sa inyo.
    I honestly dont see any problem with the idea that Jeeeeeeeezes purchased the Church of God with his own blood. :hmm:
    I honestly dont see any problem with the idea that Jeeeeeeeezes purchased the Church of God with his own blood. :hmm:

:lol: so ngayon naman "Jesus purchased the Church of God"? palusot hindi mo ma explain? :rotflmao: walang bago.

If you don't have any problem being wrong then carry on.

Are you always a bold faced cheater? It's even on the same page and you couldn't resist twisting what I said. This is what I said:
    Take heed to yourselves and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the Church of God which he (Jeeezes) hath purchased with his own blood
    Take heed to yourselves and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the Church of God which he (Jeeezes) hath purchased with his own blood

so yung "HE" hindi tumutukoy dun sa "God" sa "Church of God"? sige nga i explain mo ang grammar nyan. asan ang mga "grammaticians" dito? :D

ano nga ba ang grammar rule?

The noun for which a pronoun stands is called antecedent. The pronoun take the place of a noun that COMES BEFORE IT.
    Everyday English book 1

:lol: so ngayon naman "Jesus purchased the Church of God"? palusot hindi mo ma explain? :rotflmao: walang bago.

If you don't have any problem being wrong then carry on.
    so yung "HE" hindi tumutukoy dun sa "God" sa "Church of God"? sige nga i explain mo ang grammar nyan. asan ang mga "grammaticians" dito? :D

The noun for which a pronoun stands is called antecedent. The pronoun take the place of a noun that COMES BEFORE IT.
    Everyday English book 1

Mayaman talaga si Prikong. Pati bahay ni Conic binili niya!

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. "Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood
    ...and yeah another reason the bible turned me off:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/inerran6.htm

Grammatical errors: Biblical scholars have noted that almost every page of the Bible, whether written in Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek contains both spelling and grammatical errors. Although some spelling errors could be attributed to mistakes by later copyists, it appears reasonable to assume that some of the grammatical errors were in the original copy. If one assumes that the Bible is not inerrant, then one would expect errors of all types to creep into the Bible: errors in fact, errors in belief, errors in spelling and errors in grammar. But if the Bible is inerrant, one wonders why the original writings were not free of errors in grammar.
    Mayaman talaga si Prikong. Pati bahay ni Conic binili niya!

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. .. Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood

nyahaha. gumagawa ng sariling grammar rule? :rotflmao: at sablay as usual.

Everyday English book 1
    ...and yeah another reason the bible turned me off:

]

turned off ka pala ba't quote ka ng quote ng bible? ksp. :D
    ^ so sorry ka na lang. talagang di mapapagkatiwalaan grammar ng biblia. so its just stupid trying to argue grammar here.

the fact remains na walang "iglesia ni cristo" sa halos lahat ng biblia sa mundo.

baket, di ba naniniwala ang inc sa pangalang "Church of God"?
    ^ so sorry ka na lang. obviously another example ng grammar errors iyang passage na yan. so its just stupid trying to argue grammar here.

lets just stick with the fact na walang "iglesia ni cristo" on all major bibles.

ikaw ang dapat maging sorry lagi kang sablay :lol: pwede ba next time mag claim ka e siguraduhin mo kaya mo i depensa :D

stupid talaga mag argue ng grammar sa isang nag iimbento ng sariling grammar rule.

suko ka na kaya change subject? ok babay. tandaan mo ang sabi mo
    There really was no "Catholic Church", or "Iglesia ni Cristo (ni Manalo)", or "Baptist Church", in biblical times.

na ngayon gusto mo na baguhin sa
    walang "iglesia ni cristo" on all major bibles.
    :rotflmao:
    nyahaha. gumagawa ng sariling grammar rule? :rotflmao: at sablay as usual.
    ^ so sorry ka na lang. talagang di mapapagkatiwalaan grammar ng biblia. so its just stupid trying to argue grammar here.

the fact remains na walang "iglesia ni cristo" sa halos lahat ng biblia sa mundo.

baket, di ba naniniwala ang inc sa pangalang "Church of God"?

nag change mind sya binago nya post nya. as if naman makakalusot sya :D

ikaw ang sumablay sa grammar, at hindi yung verse na Acts 20:28.

ows? walang Iglesia ni Cristo sa bible? :rotflmao:

Mga Taga-Roma 16:16

Magbatian kayo sa isa't isa ng banal na halik. Ang mga iglesiya ni Cristo ay bumabati sa inyo
    Ang Salita ng Diyos (SND)

Magbatian kayo bilang magkakapatid kay Cristo. c Binabati kayo ng lahat ng mga iglesya ni Cristo.
    Magandang Balita Biblia

Change subject ulit? ilang beses ka magpapalit?
    ^ ay tinagalag lang yung lamsa kala nya lusot na sya! :lol:

haay conic saya mo talaga! :D

pero sige kung dyan ka masaya sa mas lalong corrupted version ng biblia. christians are not unknown naman for making their own bibles that suits their taste eh. :D

fact still remains na walang iglesia ni cristo on most bibles. :D
    ^ ay tinagalag lang yung lamsa kala nya lusot na sya! :lol:

haay conic saya mo talaga! :D

pero sige kung dyan ka masaya sa mas lalong corrupted version ng biblia. christians are not unknown naman for making their own bibles that suits their taste eh. :D

fact still remains na walang iglesia ni cristo on most bibles. :D

naduling na ang totally confused :rotflmao: ang liwanag ng version Magandang Balita at Salita ng Diyos, pero Lamsa ang tingin nya :rotflmao:

sumuko ka na lang ng maayos lalo ka napapahiya dyan sa ginagawa mo. :D
    nag change mind sya binago nya post nya. as if naman makakalusot sya :D

ikaw ang sumablay sa grammar, at hindi yung verse na Acts 20:28.

ows? walang Iglesia ni Cristo sa bible? :rotflmao:

Mga Taga-Roma 16:16

Magbatian kayo sa isa't isa ng banal na halik. Ang mga iglesiya ni Cristo ay bumabati sa inyo
    Ang Salita ng Diyos (SND)

Magbatian kayo bilang magkakapatid kay Cristo. c Binabati kayo ng lahat ng mga iglesya ni Cristo.
    Magandang Balita Biblia

Change subject ulit? ilang beses ka magpapalit?
    ^ ay binago lang pangalan ng tinagalog na lamsa kala niya lusot na sya! :rotflmao:

conic, huwag ka masyadong uto-uto. :rotflmao: fyi mga tagalog bibles based lang yan sa english translations. wala naman tayong access sa greek manuscripts eh.

pero maipakikita ko sayo greek na wala ring "iglesia ni cristo" dun. tapos susuko ka na ha? :D
  • ElCidElCid Roman Catholic PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    frankly wrote: »
    I profess belief in the Christian faith and the Word, but not in a particular denomination. I was baptized in the Catholic manner, but I no longer feel obliged to call myself a Catholic. I believe that the Christian faith is greater than any denomination, that no denomination has been granted the exclusive right to claim salvation for its members, and claim the Lord denies it to others. I believe that people do not have to agree on a laundry list of specific beliefs to be saved; if a person can believe Jesus is both human and divine, then why shouldn't they, for example, accept faith needs works to be sufficient? I believe that the act of accepting the Lord's blessings is not a ritual, sacrament, or even declaration per se, but an ongoing commitment to living and thinking in the Christian way. We are continuously being baptized through our actions in the Spirit, not at a specific date by water or paper.

Are there others on this forum who believe in this manner?

You are free to believe the way you want to believe but I would like to disagree with the implication of your premise that a 'church' isn't required since Jesus Christ clearly established a church:

18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[c] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[d] will not overcome it.[e] Mat 16:18

And it is the will of God and his purpose that the gospel and knowledge about him should be proclaimed throughout the world thru and by THIS CHURCH established by Christ:

10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.Eph 3

And that you should seek to become a member of the 'flock' if you sincerely want to follow Christ since christ is the Shepherd of the flock/church:

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] He will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. John 10

This sheep/flock that Christ talks about are members of his church which he purchased with his own blood:

Acts 20:28
    Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
  • franklyfrankly Member PExer
    ^I wrote denomination, not "church".

It is implied from the post that I believe Christians of any denomination can belong to the True Church Jesus established; which is greater than any denomination.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file