Lower Back pain after deadlift

tomo_dachitomo_dachi Member PEx Rookie ⭐
Hi ,

I did deadlifting while in the gym and after 1 set, I experienced a sharp pain sa lower back ko and I had difficulty sitting, twisting my body, sleeping etc. After 1 or 2 days, the pain lessened pag normal activities ko but while sleeping, simple lying down on my back hurts a lot. Even yung paghiga ko sa side ng body ko becomes painful.

What could this mean?

Comments

• the_who68the_who68 Member PExer
    same experience after working out in the gym. I think its because of lack of stretching and warm up or mabigat kaagad ang program mo kaya nabigla ang katawan specially the spine which supports your body. It's best if you consult a doctor.
  • DacsDacs Bummed bу Αdmin PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I can only think of hernia
    hernias of the nucleus pulposus of the intervertebral discs:
    Increased pressure on the intervertebral discs, as produced by heavy lifting or lifting with improper technique, increases the risk of herniation. I think I'll go see a doctor.
    I read the thread about hernia and maybe the last two post of this page could answer your question. BTW, I'm also experiencing the same pain you have after going to the gym TS, but not that much and doesn't last that long.

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21542&highlight=hernia&page=2
  • tomo_dachitomo_dachi Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    mga gaano katagal until nawala ang sakit? Did you experience pain while sleeping?
    teka pala.. hernia is luslos? No i don't have that.
    Whenever I massage my lower back, I don't feel the pain unlike the muscle ache caused by working out. It's more of internal. Nagiging problem ko talaga sya during sleep. Dun sya sumasakit ng sobra :(
    during sleep? nope, only experienced it for a few minutes.
  • Papichulo169Papichulo169 Member PExer
    tomo_dachi wrote: »
    teka pala.. hernia is luslos? No i don't have that.
    Whenever I massage my lower back, I don't feel the pain unlike the muscle ache caused by working out. It's more of internal. Nagiging problem ko talaga sya during sleep. Dun sya sumasakit ng sobra :(

It's called herniated discs a.k.a. slipped disc. One of the discs that separate your spinal bone segments had herniated and is pinching your nerve. I experienced that one time trying to right up my 500lb motorcycle I dropped. I had a lot of PT sessions involving ultrasound, electronic muscle stimulation (EMS) and transcutaneous nerve stimulation. (TENS).

bart2-BB.jpg
    PT sessions??? ganun sya kalala?? oh no medyo natatakot na ko. Do i have to go to a doctor right away or wait ako mga 1 week to see if mawawala or hindi?
    Papichulo169, pwede ba malaman yung mga naranasan mong pains? masakit ba yung back mo pag natutulog? sa ngayon kasi during sleeping or lying down lang sya sumasakit e. Did you have same problems
    The majority of herniated discs will heal themselves in about six weeks and do not require surgery. One study found that "After 12 weeks, 73% of patients showed reasonable to major improvement without surgery."

source:wiki
    PT sessions??? ganun sya kalala?? oh no medyo natatakot na ko. Do i have to go to a doctor right away or wait ako mga 1 week to see if mawawala or hindi?

Naka Medicard kasi ako noon kaya kung ano ano ni-re-recommend ng mga doctor. Nag MRI pa nga ako eh costing P16,000. Mawawala din siya pero its important not to put a load on your spine para ma decompress siya. Manghiram ka ng crutches at walk around on it for exercise.
    Papichulo169, pwede ba malaman yung mga naranasan mong pains? masakit ba yung back mo pag natutulog? sa ngayon kasi during sleeping or lying down lang sya sumasakit e. Did you have same problems

Masakit talaga. Halos sasabog ang ihi ko sa sakit. Masakit yung transitions from standing to sitting and vice versa. But I was able to come to the office inspite of that. Nagugulat lang yung co-workers ko pag napapasigaw ako sa sakit during transitions.
    ^ gaano katagal bago nawala kasi ngayon ngayon lang nagkaroon ng slipped disc ang papa ko. Nakuha niya daw nung nililipat kanina ang position ng kanilang bed.
    Mga two weeks yung intense pain. The next two weeks pain na lang. But that was with therapy.
    Mga two weeks yung intense pain. The next two weeks pain na lang. But that was with therapy.

ah ok, tindi nga ng pain na nararamdaman niya maski uupo.
  • makatiboimakatiboi Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    You guys may be experiencing L5 S1 Bulging Disc Pain. I have an colleague na nag dead lift din, he had his back checked sa makati med ayun sabi sa kanya. Right now he's having pt sessions sa makati med
    I went to the doctor kanina. She endorsed me to a 6-session therapy. Although wala na yung sakit pero medyo mararamdaman ko pa kahit konti. I feel a lot better na. Buti na lang di lumala kasi I have a lot of physical activities pa naman.
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Sounds like lower back muscle strain. I hurt my lower back with deadlifts before. What worked for me in therapy is a set of exercises called Williams flexion exercises for the lower back. Good luck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file