COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

CC Scam | Travel and Leisure Cards Kuno

[UPDATE]

This thread is merged with
-FinAsia Global VIP Platinum Card
-Calls offering privilege card is a scam! Please be warned.

Someone called with today regarding this VIP Platinum Card. This is not a credit card but more of a leisure/travel discount card. Apparently, my credit card company gave my information to them and they're offering this card to me with a one-time membership/processing fee worth P3995.

My take is, discounts are great but i think i really don't need this card.

Any feedback on this card? Did any of you receive the same call from the same company?

I searched Google for feedback but I only found these websites, http://finasiaglobal.net/ and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finasia-Global-Marketing-Services

It seems like this company is fairly new...

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Does it make sense to pay someone money so you can pay less money to someone else?
  • pinoy_dude24pinoy_dude24 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    Does it make sense to pay someone money so you can pay less money to someone else?

Very well said kuya!*okay*
  • janbranejanbrane Member PExer
    KuyaDanny wrote: »

True. The words I'm looking for when i was declining to the offer.
  • guess888guess888 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    janbrane wrote: »
    Someone called with today regarding this VIP Platinum Card. This is not a credit card but more of a leisure/travel discount card. Apparently, my credit card company gave my information to them and they're offering this card to me with a one-time membership/processing fee worth P3995.

My take is, discounts are great but i think i really don't need this card.

Any feedback on this card? Did any of you receive the same call from the same company?

I searched Google for feedback but I only found these websites, http://finasiaglobal.net/ and http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finasia-Global-Marketing-Services

It seems like this company is fairly new...

Hi the same din sa akin someone called me and they said na from Infinity Card daw sila and choosen daw nila ko to avail of a VIP Card nagulat ako kasi alam nila lahat ng cards ko at kung ilan ang cc ko pati ang mga newly issued crdit cards ko wow sabi ko pano nyo alam sabi ba **** system generated daw so i doubt it then ipapa dala daw nila sa akin *** VIP Infinity card for free tapos ask nila billing address ko and my birthday so ayun nag doubt ako sabi why are you asking those security questions I ask them back I said if your company is legit you should know my updated information dba kaya ayun cut ko na ang call.... ended and then i try to call back kasi nag registered ang number sa cp ko wala sumasagot.....
  • pinoy_dude24pinoy_dude24 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yup, be very wise and vigilant lalo na never reveal any of your information.
  • valdeauniavaldeaunia The Jinx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Saw this thread while looking around the net about them. Got the same call kasi kanina, they said I was referred by someone from our company (they even mentioned the name of our company) and corporate partner daw nila yung company namin :confused:

I don't need their service anyway.
    I think our personal information are shared in the Banking/CC industry... this is sad.

Di naman ako tinanong ng mga security questions nung nagka-usap kami. Di pa marunong yung kumakausap sa akin, walang ka-comm skills comm skills.
  • My brother was a victim of this Finasia Global Platinum Card. He was easily persuaded by the promising offers of this Finasia, 10 to 40% discount to any hotel here in the Philippines and you can pay the PHP3,995 lifetime membership fee via credit card 12 months installment plan.

But here's the issue, when the credit card bill of my brother arrived, he was surprised that the Finasia payment of php3,995 is a one time payment and it was against their agreement of 12 months installment.

Also I tried to use the card in Eurotel to have discount because per indication at the back of the card it is fully transferable but the receptionist told me that their are not affiliated with this Finasia.

This is a lesson for my brother.
    I feel sorry for your brother. I guess the lesson for all of us is to be vigilant and articulate when someone calls us and offers us something over the phone...
  • teechsteechs Member PExer
    edited March 16
    To credit card users, have you received calls offering you privilege cards? They call the card Infinity Privilege Card. Please be careful not to give your info because this is a fraudulent business scheme.

My cousin received a call from them and said she is qualified to a privilege card. First, they said they need to verify your card number, complete name, billing address, mother's maiden name, credit limit and the 4-digit number at the back of your card. They will also ask details about your usage, if you're a heavy user, if you pay in full, etc. They said this card can be used as discount when you purchase anything using your credit card.

She went out for groceries the next day and found out that her available balance was consumed already. She immediately reported to the issuing bank and found out that it was used for online shopping. :eek:

They use several numbers because my cousin got 3 calls in a day after giving her details. Please be careful. She was able to save one of the numbers:

02-4156353

I will update the numbers if ever she receive calls from them again.
  • mazdamazdamazdamazda Member PExer
    When Citibank calls me up, they only ask for my birth year (not date) as verification and no other information (since they are the ones calling you and not the other way around).
  • ianonlineianonline Airbus Pilot PExer
    though shalt not give the CVV number at the back of your card to anyone... it's the ultimate key for online transactions... it's a little bit safer just to divulge your card number but never that 3 digit key at the back.
    ianonline wrote: »
    though shalt not give the CVV number at the back of your card to anyone... it's the ultimate key for online transactions... it's a little bit safer just to divulge your card number but never that 3 digit key at the back.

That's right. Any online transaction will not be successful without the CVV number. This is applicable to debit cards also.
  • vulcanmistvulcanmist Member PExer
    Also got a call a while ago. They know the details of my account (full name, address, cellphone number), pero I don't know if the birthday is a security question.

Anyways, I declined their offer, and they can't charge to my account because I haven't activated it yet.

Update: I'll just ask for a new card to be sure. Better pay P400 than what P4000.
    May I just ask, where do these agents get credit card holder's info anyway? Nagtataka lang ako why they know details about you before calling na parang hawak talaga nila ang application mo. :confused:
  • mxherr5mxherr5 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    I think from those people offering credit cards in malls...
    They don't look like bank employees, parang agents lang ata sila.

I guess that's where the leak is..
    I don't think the bank is allowed to divulge your information
    to any 3rd party right? At least I don't think they would
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    The following provision is taken from the TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING THE ISSUANCE AND USE OF DINERS CLUB.
    21. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION - Cardholder agrees that SB Cards may disclose by telephone the nature and substance of all information (except medical) about the Cardholder in SB Cards' files to persons other than the cardholder. SB Cards may exchange any information about the Cardholder with its affiliates, including any credit or other information obtained from the Cardholder's application or from consumer reports. Information provided by the Cardholder may be used to develop offers that the Cardholder may receive through the mail. Such authorization shall be established by the ability of the person inquiring to provide SB Cards the necessary security information that may be required.

You might want to check the terms and conditions of your own card to see if similar provisions exist. If so, you agreed to them when you signed the back of your card and started using it. In response to the above post, the bank is allowed to divulge your information to third parties.

BTW, I love the last sentence of Section 21. I don't think anyone knows what it means.

And here is a similar provision from BPI Express Credit Cards:

26. DISCLOSURE

The Cardholder hereby consents to the disclosure of information about his/her account and credit standing to the Bank and their personnel, to other credit card companies, to other financial institutions, to courts or government offices or agencies upon their order, to credit information or investigation companies, to insurance companies or to third party service providers. The Cardholder hereby indemnifies and holds BPI free and harmless from any liability that may arise from such disclosure. BPI will follow strict standards of security and confidentiality in handling any information that the Cardholder will share with us and will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information.
    This one is from Metrobank.
    TRANSFER OF INFORMATION. The Card Member hereby authorizes the transfer, disclosure and communication of any information relating to his accounts, or any information thereon, or any of his properties or investments with MCC, to any of the offices, branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives of MCC and third parties selected by any of them, wherever situated, for references, referrals, cross selling, data processing and storage, anti-money laundering monitoring, review and reporting, statistical and risk analysis purposes. In addition to the foregoing, MCC and any branch, subsidiary, affiliate, agent and representative or third party may transfer and disclose any such information as may be required by any law or regulation. Conformity to these Terms & Conditions shall constitute the Card Member’s written consent for any transfer and disclosure of information relating to his accounts, properties and investments for the purposes indicated above and under applicable laws, rules and regulations. The Card Member agrees to hold MCC free and harmless from any liability that may arise from any transfer, disclosure or storage of information relating to his accounts, properties or investments.

Thanks KuyaDanny!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file