Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Greatest Swordsman of Anime World

Who's the most greatest swordsman in Anime by means of skill, style and personality. :D

My bet:

Hiko Seijuro

:D


who's yours?
«134

Comments

  • Kenshin Himura!
    his name is bound to come up in this topic. he stopped being second to Hiko whaen he mastered amakakeruryunohirameki.
    if there's anyone who could be better than him, it would his other persona, Battousai the Slasher, the one who isn't held back by an oath not to kill.:dance::)
  • bichbich PExer
    shogo amakusa

    and kenshin himura

    masters of amakakeru ryo no hirumeki
  • Himura Kenshin, Amakusa Shougo and Hiko Seujiro... in terms of skill...

    Shinomori Aoshi, too, in terms of coolness, I guess...

    Seta Soujiro, just don't mess with his mind...

    Hitokiri Battousai, 'nuff said...
  • Hitokiri Battousai and Kenshin Himura... 'nuff said
  • Style, skill and personality?
    Kenshin and Co. take their seats in the back of the class. El Numero Uno Hombre is Lord Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. If you haven't seen the series (go watch it now!) he's this gaunt, grey haired syndicate boss who can dodge explosions.
  • hey with_a_k! haven't seen you in a while!

    my pick goes out to Leonardo of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. kidding!!!:D

    what are the other samurai anime by the way? all i know is kenshin. i don't watch much anime but if this is manga, there's a lot more samurai that are really that great (read: magulang) that can match-up with kenshin.:cool:
  • syempre si kenshin himura. di lang sya super galing with the reversed edge sword, galing pa nya magisip. :cool:
  • ** PExer
    jubei from ninja scrolls... :D
  • My Top 5 Anime Swordsmen

    5) Shinomori Aoshi: for the killer instincts and the ability to master improvements he created himself...

    4) Saitou Hajime: gatotsu is so cool... Aku Zoku Zan... Kill Evil Instantly! he can whoop *** without his katana, too... (right, Sano? :D )

    3) Hiko Seijiro: power and skill... plus the cape looks cool when he's flying in the air... :D

    2) Amakusa Shogou: a true genius... raised Hiten Mitsurugiryu to a god-like level...

    1) Himura Kenshin: skills, brains, will-power... all you need to be truyl great... all which this dude exemplifies. his respect for life is admirable as well.

    :)
  • Originally posted by grimlock
    what are the other samurai anime by the way? all i know is kenshin. i don't watch much anime but if this is manga, there's a lot more samurai that are really that great (read: magulang) that can match-up with kenshin.

    Very true. Howzabout this one:
    So what about Kuwabara Kazuma from YYH? He's large, he's in charge, and he's pretty much one of the ugliest men in all of Animedom, but look at him go! All it takes is one glimpse of the lovely Yukina, and his spirtual power gets pumped through the roof, while his energy sword converts to a fuzzy baseball bat. And Sanosuke takes his style lessons from this guy, Kuwabara was sporting bandage wrapped abs and long white coat waaaay before Mr. Bad Sign appeared on the cultural radar. Is he not the man? (Feel free to answer with a big 'no')
  • Originally posted by Mygz
    My Top 5 Anime Swordsmen

    5) Shinomori Aoshi: for the killer instincts and the ability to master improvements he created himself...

    4) Saitou Hajime: gatotsu is so cool... Aku Zoku Zan... Kill Evil Instantly! he can whoop *** without his katana, too... (right, Sano? :D )

    3) Hiko Seijiro: power and skill... plus the cape looks cool when he's flying in the air... :D

    2) Amakusa Shogou: a true genius... raised Hiten Mitsurugiryu to a god-like level...

    1) Himura Kenshin: skills, brains, will-power... all you need to be truyl great... all which this dude exemplifies. his respect for life is admirable as well.

    :)

    I second the motion!
    I also noticed in the OVA and the series that it is much harder not to kill than to kill. It takes greater skill to make sure that your opponent is beaten without dying. Thus, Kenshin deserves to be in the top spot.
  • can Kenshin, Aoshi, Saitou, Soujiro, etc, do what Hiko Seijuro did with the Giant in Aoi-ya? You know, the way he blocked the giants sword? :D
  • kenshin himura.....the best and humble fighter...
  • Originally posted by ZiNGLoN
    can Kenshin, Aoshi, Saitou, Soujiro, etc, do what Hiko Seijuro did with the Giant in Aoi-ya? You know, the way he blocked the giants sword? :D

    a master will always be a master....
  • Originally posted by ZiNGLoN

    can Kenshin, Aoshi, Saitou, Soujiro, etc, do what Hiko Seijuro did with the Giant in Aoi-ya? You know, the way he blocked the giants sword? :D

    well, we'll never really know... besides, the title of best swordsman isn't supposed to be judged by just one good block/shot... :D

    though I admit, Hiko Seijiro is a very COOL swordsman, and there's also a possibility that he could beat Kenshin on a one-on-one fight, because the reason why Kenshin managed to beat him up at first is because Kenshin was merely being tested if he knew how to defend himself using the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. Well, at least I think so...:D

    But i also wonder, could Seijiro have beaten Shishio if he had been faced against him? :wondering:
    originally posted by with_a_k

    So what about Kuwabara Kazuma from YYH? He's large, he's in charge, and he's pretty much one of the ugliest men in all of Animedom, but look at him go! All it takes is one glimpse of the lovely Yukina, and his spirtual power gets pumped through the roof, while his energy sword converts to a fuzzy baseball bat. And Sanosuke takes his style lessons from this guy, Kuwabara was sporting bandage wrapped abs and long white coat waaaay before Mr. Bad Sign appeared on the cultural radar. Is he not the man? (Feel free to answer with a big 'no')

    NO!
  • Kenshin Himura
    Who could beat those swift moves and powerful techniques?

    Hajime Saitou
    Another favorite. So cool.
  • Originally posted by Kuassary


    well, we'll never really know... besides, the title of best swordsman isn't supposed to be judged by just one good block/shot... :D

    though I admit, Hiko Seijiro is a very COOL swordsman, and there's also a possibility that he could beat Kenshin on a one-on-one fight, because the reason why Kenshin managed to beat him up at first is because Kenshin was merely being tested if he knew how to defend himself using the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki. Well, at least I think so...:D

    But i also wonder, could Seijiro have beaten Shishio if he had been faced against him? :wondering:

    oo naman. dapat madaling natalo ni kenshin si shishio kung gumamit lang yun ng hindi reversed edge sword, si Master hiko pa kaya.

    'if ever' nagkaroon ng new series, gusto ko magkaroon ng laban si Hiko Seijuro sa isang kamatch nyang kalaban sabay pinapanood sya nila Kenshin, Aoshi, Saitou, Sano, etc. alam mo naman si Master Hiko, sobrang yabang hehe.

    in my opinion, si Hiko Seijuro talaga ang strongest (strength) character in Rurouni Kenshin. :D
  • Kenshin Himura is so overrated.

    Other samurai animes

    Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors
    Ninja Scroll
    Ninja Boy
    Samurai Shodown


    any more?
  • my next favorite is Saitou Hajime.

    i think match na match sila ni kenshin. kung hindi lang natutunan ni Kenshin ang Kuzu Ryu Sen at Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki, match parin sila ngayon. I think he's one of the smartest and strongest characters in RK. he knows swordfighting and hand to hand combat. imagine Saitou and Kenshin fighting with no swords. he can apply Gotatsu in his hand to hand fighting too.

    my next favorite is Sagara Sanosuke (kahit nde swordfighter).
    para syang Vegeta ng Rurouni Kenshin. One of the strongest fighters and also the dumbest. kung matalino lang sya, he can fight any swordsman without using any weapon. imagine Sano breaking swords with his Futae no Kiwami. sayang lang talaga, bobo eh :D

    next is Shinamori Aoshi. d ko naman sya nagustuhan masyado pero. okay, hes good with his 2 Sword techniques pero i think the Old man in the Oniwa BAnshu can still beat him kung medyo mas bata lang sya :lol: I think Kenshin can beat Aoshi easily kung hindi lang sya napipigilan patayin yun. :D


    thats it i think :D
  • Originally posted by kane_warhead
    Kenshin Himura is so overrated.

    Other samurai animes

    Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors
    Ninja Scroll
    Ninja Boy
    Samurai Shodown


    any more?


    very :lol:

    ang Samurai Shodown naman nde ko nagustuhan nung pinalabas sa AXN. pero gusto ko yung game.
Sign In or Register to comment.