Home PEx Sports The NCAA Tourney

Former NCAA Players life after hoops

Ever wondered what happened to former NCAA Players? lets post it here.

Jay Mendoza MIT - after playing in the pros, last i heard he has a spot at tendesitas selling dogs, however news about him as of late is not too good to say the least, here is why....

http://espiya.net/forum/index.php?topic=114031.0

2. Christian Coronoel - SSC-R now operates a car wash somewhere along Cubao QC.

Comments

• Nani Epondulan, JRU - NCAA MVP - good friend, working for a telco company.
  • cookiepaocookiepao PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    additional to TS post: Christian Coronel will be coaching San Benildo in the upcoming Father Martin's 9th Division 2 Cup.
  • Nani Demegillo became head of mall security some years back, after finishing his PBA career.
  • NCAA players (or collegiate players in general) have to move on to life after college, specially if they are not good enough to have a stint in the pros or move on to a second related career as coaches. They have to find their way, be it as employees, entrepreneurs, migrant workers, immigrants, etc. The less fortunate ones turn to crime or fall by the wayside into skid row. And some just simply vanish out of sight.

Just like the rest of us.

Before we move on further, we have to ask what purpose would this thread really serve? Sana di ito mahantung sa panlalait at pagdidikdik ng kapwa. Goodness knows, we have too much of that crap already.
  • i started the thread because im curious of what has become of our previous college stars, it may also serve as an inspiration and warning to all.

ano na balita sa mga 90s players like benny cheng? alamares etc?
  • tupangusatupangusa PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Macky De Joya is now living in the USA.
    Jenkins Mesina is working in the Mid East..don't know if in dubai or abu dhabi.
    Vinuya..is now working in a cruise ship..a common friend once told me.
    Ralp Rivera (or is it Bajar?)..now coaching in Fatima
    Norman Gonzales and Ricky Calimag are still playing in the PBA
  • tupangusa wrote: »

Vinuya..is now working in a cruise ship..a common friend one told me.

i think both of them are....they're also part of the coaching staff when san beda has basketball summer camps....

Bajar is the one coaching Fatima.
    Kerwin Mccoy is coaching Lyceum Pampanga
    last that i've heard about Jame Hudencial, he's working in a call center together with Carlo Weber
    Dino Manuel works in a cruise ship
  • ArtAttackArtAttack PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Carlo Weber is a part owner of phoenix petroleum
  • nash_bedistanash_bedista Member PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    mayaman sila Weber diba?
  • buddyclub wrote: »
    Bajar is the one coaching Fatima.
    Kerwin Mccoy is coaching Lyceum Pampanga
    last that i've heard about Jame Hudencial, he's working in a call center together with Carlo Weber
    Dino Manuel works in a cruise ship

last info I know is that rivera and madrid are coaching the don bosco greywolves...
  • Si Mica Evangelista if you remember him, second stringer na pg ng Red Lions before, now works for Coke, parang ahente yata.

Si Arjun yata na kita ng friend ko na nag memedrep before.

jenkins mesina is here.. just saw him play pick up basketball game in ayala alabang couple of weeks back..
  • mgzenone wrote: »
    Si Mica Evangelista if you remember him, second stringer na pg ng Red Lions before, now works for Coke, parang ahente yata.

Si Arjun yata na kita ng friend ko na nag memedrep before.

great info...."parang" at "yata"
  • simon_son wrote: »
    Nani Demegillo became head of mall security some years back, after finishing his PBA career.

he is now working in a company located at adelantado street in makati near amorsolo. I always see him in the morning crossing the street with a back pack.

btw jay mendoza used to be a well known bird breeder/seller but shifted into breeding/selling dogs with a similar reputation right now.
  • Jenkins Mesina if I'm not mistaken is coaching a school in Fort Bonifacion in Taguig
  • Big Ticket wrote: »
    great info...."parang" at "yata"

lol

I do not know what his actual position is, supervisor or agent :rotflmao: but he definitely works for Coke, distributing soft drinks.
  • I think he’s indeed in Batangas and I heard he’s playing in a commercial league there too… I felt really bad for James and his family. This kid grew up in an exclusive community really close to our place…
    I remember back in the day when these kids go to our place just to play ball joins our league every holidays/summer and have fun with other kids… then around 04’s or 05 I heard that his family went down real bad and not just his family but almost their whole neighborhood fell off real hard due to bad influences… somebody I used to know also was a friend of james, pretty much have the same story with others… their family separated, lost everything they had houses, cars, business etc then downgraded moved to a small apartments and after few a years that kid was gone (rip) really sad story…
    hope everything is well with them and their family
  • I'm from unilab. daming employees dito na former uaap/ncaa player.
    taupa (redlions)
    raymond maggay (red lions)
    villanueva (ust)
    and many more
  • jerryboy wrote: »
    I'm from unilab. daming employees dito na former uaap/ncaa player.
    taupa (redlions)
    raymond maggay (red lions)
    villanueva (ust)
    and many more

it shows that players that graduate from schools with sound reputation gets employed, unilab is not owned by known SBC patron MVP. Kudos to the former players. the the current players, study harder hoop talent can only take you half way, your education will carry you after.