FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Bank Wire Transfer

Hey there!

First of all, I don't have any clue on all of this :rotflmao:
So I'm really hoping someone could help me out.

See, I'm interested on ordering clothing online through a retail website based in Korea. I don't have any Paypal account since I'm just 17 and the store doesn't have a physical outlet so I contacted the webmaster and asked if there was any other way I could pay since I'm really interested in buying their clothes.

I received an email a week later saying that I could do a "Bank Wire Transfer". He also gave me his bank details and other information. I haven't heard about "Bank Wire Transfer" before and none of the Google results helped me out *peace*

So I was hoping someone here could show me the ropes :)

Thank you!

Comments

• P_UnderdogP_Underdog Member PExer
    Wire transfer is electronic transfer of money from one financial institution (like banks) to another. Example, you transfer money from your Bank A account to your Bank B account.

In your case, it sounds like a third party wire. Just follow the instructions that they gave you. :)
  • London2IbizaLondon2Ibiza Member PExer
    Well they didn't really give me any instructions :(
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    The "bank details and other information" are what are known in money transfers as "instructions". Show those to your bank and let your banker know you want to send money by wire transfer. Your banker should be able to help you.
  • ibarra28ibarra28 Member ✭✭
    If you're just 17, the bank may decline executing this transfer for you. But that can be remedied by asking another person of legal age to do the transfer in your behalf.

Then when your friend gives your "instruction" to the bank just indicate in the payment details your name as additional information.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file