COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here.

Is Homosexuality a SIN?

Guys, go ahead and share your views about homosexuality. I myself is a homosexual but I don't practice it as I consider it a sin. So, any comment?
«13456717

Comments

  • shirlytempleshirlytemple Member PExer
    hmmmm mali po ang iyong tanong. Ang dapat mong itanong ay "do I believe I am a good person?" Kasi wala naman kinalaman pagiging mabuti o masama mo sa sexual orientation mo.
  • michymichymoomichymichymoo coffee drinker ✭✭✭
    Gender preference is not a sin. :)
  • may2may2 Member PExer
    It is a sin. Because God created man for a woman, and vice versa for pro-creation. But you can confess it through the Priest and ask for the penance.

    The Catholic Church gives service like counselling. You can opt to visit, to give you a good insight.

    Or you can read the bible on some verses like the Sodom and Gomorrah.
  • barelytherebarelythere gambler PExer
    Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit at paano naging kasalanan ang pagiging "Homosexual"?. Alangan namang pigilan mo at magpakaplastic ka sa kung anong alam mong mas maie-express mo yung sarili mo at higit sa lahat kung alam mong dun ka magiging masaya and as long as asal tao ka at wala kang inaagrabyadong kapwa. Why the hell deny yourself that freedom? Hindi ako relihiyosong tao pero I believe in HIS existence and I don't think so that he judge/condemn homosexuals.
  • my_2_centsmy_2_cents In your pocket. PExer
    Ang sagot sa tanong mo: depende sa religion at personal beliefs mo.

    Kung Katoliko ka, tiyak na SIN iyan. Kung 'di ka sang-ayon sa turo ng Simbahang Katoliko, sadyang umalis ka na.

    --
    my_2_cents
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    @shirlytemple Yup! It's true that being a good person has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. What I am asking is the sexual orientation itself "HOMOSEXUAL". Is that a sin for you?
  • GrantJeffreyGrantJeffrey Constantine PExer
    G42677 wrote: »
    Guys, go ahead and share your views about homosexuality. I myself is a homosexual but I don't practice it as I consider it a sin. So, any comment?

    Being born gay is not a sin. Engaging in homosexuality is.
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    @barelythere That is why there is the Bible. That book will reveal the answer to your confusion. However, you still have the freedom to choose and the free will which is given by God. So, it's up to you if you will obey your feelings or you will obey your God.
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    Being born gay is not a sin. Engaging in homosexuality is.

    So, what you are saying is being gay is inborn?
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    Gender preference is not a sin. :)

    Well, what can you say about the verses from the Bible about Homosexuality, then?
  • GrantJeffreyGrantJeffrey Constantine PExer
    G42677 wrote: »
    So, what you are saying is being gay is inborn?

    I asked a gay officemate and he said he was gay since he was child. But, never committed any homosexual acts.
  • revhardrevhard enjoy the ride ✭✭
    Homosexuals are overrated. They've been around for God knows how long and still it's such a big issue. I mean c'mon, If you are, then you are, come out already. That way, the girls will know which ones are straight and gay. Less time wasted, and less competition for the rest of us :lol:
  • VyerVyer No system is safe. :) PExer
    If being homosexual is a sin, therefore God is also sinful. He created homosexuals. Chos!
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    I asked a gay officemate and he said he was gay since he was child. But, never committed any homosexual acts.

    I guess he was just influenced by his environment or by the way he was brought up. I believe that being gay is not inborn.
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    Vyer wrote: »
    If being homosexual is a sin, therefore God is also sinful. He created homosexuals. Chos!

    Hehe! you're kidding right? Please read the Bible specially the story of creation.
  • G42677G42677 Member PExer
    revhard wrote: »
    Homosexuals are overrated. They've been around for God knows how long and still it's such a big issue. I mean c'mon, If you are, then you are, come out already. That way, the girls will know which ones are straight and gay. Less time wasted, and less competition for the rest of us :lol:

    Well, I consider my self as a homosexual because I am attracted with the same sex. But why should I come out if I know that this behavior is just a result of something from the past and is not truly who I am. I believe that God created me as a man, but became like this because of unavoidable reason. So, I suggest not to nurture but to behave the way God created us.
  • revhardrevhard enjoy the ride ✭✭
    Good for you my half straight friend!
  • GrantJeffreyGrantJeffrey Constantine PExer
    G42677 wrote: »
    I guess he was just influenced by his environment or by the way he was brought up. I believe that being gay is not inborn.

    His other siblings are not gay being brought up in the same household with the same parents.

    A baby does have rationality yet to determine what is gay. Whether it is inborn cannot be successfully determined. The only time is when the child learns how to communicate or walk.
  • barelytherebarelythere gambler PExer
    G42677 wrote: »
    @barelythere That is why there is the Bible. That book will reveal the answer to your confusion. However, you still have the freedom to choose and the free will which is given by God. So, it's up to you if you will obey your feelings or you will obey your God.

    Why, Thank you sooo much!!! (at naging confused pa daw tuloy ako LOL)

    and the bible...right ofcourse...Well, uhmmm no no I'll just shut my mouth.

    Honey, If you don't feel like coming out and go on denying yourself what's your right, that you deserve to live a free life and forbid yourself to be who you really are lest you'll be called a "sinner", then by all means. That's your life anyways and ofcourse you're entitled to YOUR own opinion. Goodluck.:(
  • may2may2 Member PExer
    @TS
    Why, did you engage in a homosexual relation or activity before? Or was it simply an attraction?

    You can always, go for confession. Because it is obligatory under the Catholic teaching, every year we have to make amends for the wrong thinks we committed.

    Now, when the Priest would reprimand you, it should not stop you from having a confession.

    Now when peer pressure brands you as being effiminate or being part of the homosexual team, you can be free from it, by knowing your role and worth as a person and as a 'man.' Your can make it happen.

    Having fear of the Lord, will surely direct your ways. :)
«13456717

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file