Bad customer service/inferior product: Philbest General Merchandising

LOCATED AT
153-F G. ARANETA AVE. QUEZON CITY PHILIPPINES
CONTACT NUMBER
+63 2 716-6546
Photo from internet:
AEB1697E-7553-45D9-A089-007ED00F6F0E.jpg
93CD6FE0-B04B-4DEE-9E12-0F15DE16E794.jpg

I went there last June 24, 2011 to order a set of custom made floormats for one of the cars. Universal floormats don't fit well enough. When i arrived around 9am, I asked the sales clerk if they still make custom made floor mats and she said yes but the tailor is not yet there. and will arrive later so I went to the G&S Auto Supply in Kamias first (a good shop) to get my cousin's Ford Escape fixed as well as do some errands in between. When I came back to Philbest a little after 1pm. I saw that the owners were there already. The husband told me that the tailor had left for home already [I would love to have that tailor's working hours] and I would have to come back the next day to get my car measured and get my mats. When I told him that I was there earlier and his sales clerk told me to come back later, he frantically started to measure my car along with one of his staff and then they suddenly left [presumably to go their 'supplier/tailor'] without even showing me what the measured pattern looks like. How courteous of them! So, do I wait for them to come back or do I just come back tomorrow? Even the sales clerk didn't know. So she makes a few phone calls and told me that I can wait for my mats. Sure enough after an hour or so the owner comes back with my mats but they did not put the heel pad on the driver's side. His alibi is that there is no heel pad with my car's logo in the supplier's shop and that I can just come back tomorrow. So why the hell did you make me wait if I you are still going to make me come back there tomorrow? And I've been interacting with the industry long enough to know there are 'generic' heel pads with no logo on them. What does he think of me? Some auto ignorant fool? Again his car suddenly leaves and I wait for another half an hour.

And when the mats finally come, the heel pad doesn't even catch my heel! It's so far forward that my heel is still contacting the mat and I'm gonna punch a hole in the mat in no time for sure (that's what heel pads are for).

When I complain to the owner, he doesn't even apologize for wasting my time or for his inferior product. He just asks me to leave his shop and go away. Talk about great customer service...

Madami na kong nabiling items sa shops nila kahit hindi nila ko kilala and I think I deserved better treatment. To prevent more conflict I just drive away. Bahala na karma sa kanila.

I guess he doesn't know how much business I've brought in for shops that have been good to me [e.g. Mang Mario's, Jemson's, G&S Kamias, etc.] and that I'll speak my mind out for crappy ones like his shop. Buyer beware should apply in this case.

P.S. Their shop is located beside Araneta Car Accessories (the one owned by Jeff Tan and another good shop to deal with). I actually saw sir Jeff pero hindi ko na siya nabati kasi mainit na ulo ko. Unfortunately, Jeff's shop doen't do custom mats.

Comments

• Hi read your topic about your bad experience. Bro on my side naman I have very good experience with Philbest dati la suerte pa sila and I am a loyal customer with them. Binata pa ako when I met them and now matanda na I'm still getting stuff from them. Also all my cars I get all my floor matt from them our family have like ten cars bro. Their floor matt actually is good quality and you can get it the same day. You can't beat their price and the service for me is excellent. If there is any problem they always fix it. My floor matt nga two years nasira yon heel pad they replaced it for free. You just have to use your better judgement when talking to them. Also as a note They are always busy. Kaya before I go I call them first to check pag madami tao.

Also as I was reading your thread The day you went there i remember that day Bro May Bagyo yon that day I was suppose to go there. I think you should have mentioned that on your thread to be fair on the owner. Also alam ko they are closing early that day because of the bad weather kasi I asked the owner and she told me that she is letting her employees go home early. Baka naman when you went back the employee went home na. I can't forget that day Baha everywhere it was a good thing I was not hard headed and stayed home. Also Siguro if I were in your shoes I would have gone on a better day na. Tsaka tip lang bro talk to the owner nicely they will give you good price for your effort I have known them for a long time they are really nice people. ;)
  • artchon wrote: »
    Hi read your topic about your bad experience. Bro on my side naman I have very good experience with Philbest dati la suerte pa sila and I am a loyal customer with them. Binata pa ako when I met them and now matanda na I'm still getting stuff from them. Also all my cars I get all my floor matt from them our family have like ten cars bro. Their floor matt actually is good quality and you can get it the same day. You can't beat their price and the service for me is excellent. If there is any problem they always fix it. My floor matt nga two years nasira yon heel pad they replaced it for free. You just have to use your better judgement when talking to them. Also as a note They are always busy. Kaya before I go I call them first to check pag madami tao.

Also as I was reading your thread The day you went there i remember that day Bro May Bagyo yon that day I was suppose to go there. I think you should have mentioned that on your thread to be fair on the owner. Also alam ko they are closing early that day because of the bad weather kasi I asked the owner and she told me that she is letting her employees go home early. Baka naman when you went back the employee went home na. I can't forget that day Baha everywhere it was a good thing I was not hard headed and stayed home. Also Siguro if I were in your shoes I would have gone on a better day na. Tsaka tip lang bro talk to the owner nicely they will give you good price for your effort I have known them for a long time they are really nice people. ;)

Malamang eh empleyado ka ng kompanyang ito noh? :bop:
  • artchon wrote: »
    Hi read your topic about your bad experience. Bro on my side naman I have very good experience with Philbest dati la suerte pa sila and I am a loyal customer with them. Binata pa ako when I met them and now matanda na I'm still getting stuff from them. Also all my cars I get all my floor matt from them our family have like ten cars bro. Their floor matt actually is good quality and you can get it the same day. You can't beat their price and the service for me is excellent. If there is any problem they always fix it. My floor matt nga two years nasira yon heel pad they replaced it for free. You just have to use your better judgement when talking to them. Also as a note They are always busy. Kaya before I go I call them first to check pag madami tao.

:bop: Ikaw yung may ari. Ano ba yan, huling huli ka naman sa post mo. New member ka and ito lang ang kaisa-isang post mo. Sana nagpakilala ka na lang and nag-apologize sa customer mo dito.
  • einhandereinhander PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    artchon wrote: »

"talk to the owner nicely"? ayos ka palang owner eh, kailangan ka pang suyuin para serbisyuhan mo ng maayos? spoiled brat ka ba? :lol:
  • ... di na nag-reply yung owner ... :lol:
  • The thread at Tsikot.com's Goon Squad forum is a bit longer but still filled with 'new fans' hehe.
  • Haha... gawa nalang sila ng FB fan(tard) page. :D
  • slamm wrote: »
    Haha... gawa nalang sila ng FB fan(tard) page. :D

I think they can really do good jobs but still tao lang sila, baka nagkaroon lang ng misunderstanding, bro, parang di naman ata yung mayari nag rereply eh... dapat noon pa di ba.... or do you guys still closed minded about this, just asking....

just curious, pwede ko ba bilhin yung mat sa you doc?

pls lang no name calling ha, di ako owner ... car lover lang
  • well all I can say in this situation, there's been a miscommunication.. owner should always inform the client... like,

-sir ito po sukat niya.
    -sir ok na po ba ito, or adjust pa natin,
    -sir papagawa ko na?
    -sir masama panahon ngayon, balik ka na lang bukas?
  • eto pa ang isang bagong register. malamang asawa naman ito ng owner. pare-parehas lang nagpapalusot.

patay kayo ngayung mga masusungit na owner ng tindahan at may internet na. di na gaya nun araw.
    Sir pasensya na, i don't know you, and i know you don't know me kasi ngayon pa lang ako sumali sa mga ganitong sites, kahit matagal na kaming me family business sa autoparts.

Frankly, i was just voicing my opinion, kung nasaktan kita, pasensya na po... pero your accusations, i will leave at that... basta my conscience is clear and i know who I am... by the way sir, do you know who is the owner? Maybe i can make an introduction for you? Para makita mo na separate individuals kami... pero ok lang po, you are free to voice your irritation, your opinion and your angst... just like anybody here... i just hope you won't use this against a new registrant like me (by giving a favorable opinion na binigyan ng katropa nyo ng bad opinion)

I hope this is not the case here... im just trying to get a gist of the blogging or thread here... just tell me directly sir and to the moderator if i am unwelcome... i will unregister if yan ang patakaran here.. im not trying to be paimportante pero i thought this was a place you can give opinions without being judge...thank you po.
  • lovechem wrote: »
    well all I can say in this situation, there's been a miscommunication.. owner should always inform the client... like,

-sir ito po sukat niya.
    -sir ok na po ba ito, or adjust pa natin,
    -sir papagawa ko na?
    -sir masama panahon ngayon, balik ka na lang bukas?

i think miscommunication lang talaga ...
    maybe kung nagusap rather than let it grow into something like this.. mas maganda sana... pero deed is done... wala na tayong magawa dyan... its up to both parties to talk or just forgive and forget.. or should you choose to continue with the commenting... nasa kanila rin yan diba.... sayang nga lang for both sides, walang nagbenefit, burden lang...
  • I did not take the mats home.

Actually the owner's of Tsikot.com called me up a couple of days after the incident saying that the shop owners intended to communicate with me. But as of this writing, they have exerted nil effort to do so.

Ako pa ba ang lalapit sa kanila?
  • I did not take the mats home.

Actually the owner's of Tsikot.com called me up a couple of days after the incident saying that the shop owners intended to communicate with me. But as of this writing, they have exerted nil effort to do so.

Ako pa ba ang lalapit sa kanila?

I believe there could be a reason for them not going to you. First and foremost, sabi nyo po na yung mat di nyo nauwi, nareimburse po ba kayo? Also yung Tsikot owner called you a couple of days after the incident, from what i heard sa mga kagroup ko, si tsikot owner din ata nagsabi sa philbest na pabayaan na lang daw yung thread and not to respond, kaya nga po nagtataka ako sa mga ibang comment, kasi ang alam ko di sila nagreply from the comments, kami lang ata ng ibang customer nila ang nag react.

I think this is purely a misunderstanding, doc, its not about who goes to whom first, pero in the end, this could be a simple misunderstanding na lumaki na lang...

Sana in time maayos din lahat.
  • pit bullpit bull PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^It's been 2 months since the incident... if may misundertanding, dapat gumawa ng paraan yung owner noon pa...

pero parang malabo na misunderstanding... parang akala kase nun owner walang alam si doc otep sa kotse, eh matagal ko na nakikita namin ni doc otep sa mga car forums. nagpapalusot pa yung owner about the heel pads, tapos nun kinabit mali naman yung pagkakalagay... then in the end papaalisin ka lang...

kung walang alam sa kotse yung customer, malamang tinanggap na nya yung mats na walang heel pads.
  • einhandereinhander PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    "He just asks me to leave his shop and go away." = misunderstanding? :lol:
  • rextontan wrote: »
    I think they can really do good jobs but still tao lang sila, baka nagkaroon lang ng misunderstanding, bro, parang di naman ata yung mayari nag rereply eh... dapat noon pa di ba.... or do you guys still closed minded about this, just asking....

just curious, pwede ko ba bilhin yung mat sa you doc?

pls lang no name calling ha, di ako owner ... car lover lang

Well, most of us here are "mahilig" naman talaga... sa kotse. :D

Since you're also in the car parts business, i'm sure you value your customer loyalty a lot and would really work to make amends if there is a hitch in your transactions. :)

One reason why the complaint on this shop is taken seriously here and in tsikot.com is because docotep has been known to make recommendations on quite a lot of shops and mechanics who give good service. He's very hands on with car repairs, even with his tight schedule and the sheer number of cars of family and friends which he looks over, just because he enjoys doing it. In the same light, he's also just sharing his bad experience to help fellow consumers.

It may have been a bad day for the shop that's why they reacted that way (that we'll never know) but nonetheless, being the service provider they should be the one to help make amends and turn the table around. There is an adage: "It takes years to earn a client, and seconds to lose one". *okay*
  • slamm wrote: »
    Well, most of us here are "mahilig" naman talaga... sa kotse. :D

Since you're also in the car parts business, i'm sure you value your customer loyalty a lot and would really work to make amends if there is a hitch in your transactions. :)

One reason why the complaint on this shop is taken seriously here and in tsikot.com is because docotep has been known to make recommendations on quite a lot of shops and mechanics who give good service. He's very hands on with car repairs, even with his tight schedule and the sheer number of cars of family and friends which he looks over, just because he enjoys doing it. In the same light, he's also just sharing his bad experience to help fellow consumers.

It may have been a bad day for the shop that's why they reacted that way (that we'll never know) but nonetheless, being the service provider they should be the one to help make amends and turn the table around. There is an adage: "It takes years to earn a client, and seconds to lose one". *okay*

Thank you for your explanation, I on the other hand would like to get both sides. I am impressed that for a doctor like Doc Otep, he is very hands on with his cars and enjoy giving good recommendations and yes it is very great to hear that he is doing good service to those who are not much in the know of things.

I don't profess to be an avid car lover or thinkers with cars but with the shop I have I can also understand the side of the shop, that was why I was reacting more that it could have been just a misunderstanding.

I value any suggestion or comments as long as both sides are considered. I really feel for Doc Otep since he was also a long time client of the shop and I believe they give good service naman to him before.

As you have said it will take a few second to lose a client even if it took you a lifetime to earn this client and yes i think that was what happened here.

For me, my dad kept this store since I was born, died 8 years ago and I hate to see someone who was in a bad mood bad mouth our store just because he was not given priority (and mind you, I have met those kind in our store) though I dont think that was the case here.

I think we should also take in consideration besides the weather and that it wasn't a regular day that day. Though they might have unknowingly cause any hurt to Doc Otep, in my opinion, it wasn't intended to be such.

As for the shop to try to contact Doc Otep, I don't know if they have his contact number though my barkada told me, they only knew where he was a resident doctor, as for contact info that I am not sure if they have one. I think when Tsikot.com owner recommended not for the shop to answer or react to the thread was because i heard there was an incident before where the two parties involved in the forum got heated and they had problems.

Maybe when the time is right, both parties can meet up and settle this thing amicably.

Thanks for the feedback slamm
  • einhander wrote: »
    "He just asks me to leave his shop and go away." = misunderstanding? :lol:

i think from the discussions i had with my kagroup, sabi nila that was not the intent of the person who said it. I wasn't there, only doc otep and the people there who can really say what was said or intended.

As for me, DOc Otep, that was my read of the situation, sometimes I myself say things na walang bad intent pero iba pala ang dating sa nakarinig, i was just keeping an open mind, I don't know if the other commentators see it that way. But as I've said you are entitled to your own opinion im just sharing mine, I'm not here to change anybody's mind, specially not DOc Otep, I don't know him so I cannot judge him on what he feels, how he felt that moment, I dare not say I understand completely, as I've said there are always two sides of the story, just trying to put my opinion out, not for me to impress you or anybody for that matter.

thanks
  • pit bull wrote: »
    ^It's been 2 months since the incident... if may misundertanding, dapat gumawa ng paraan yung owner noon pa...

pero parang malabo na misunderstanding... parang akala kase nun owner walang alam si doc otep sa kotse, eh matagal ko na nakikita namin ni doc otep sa mga car forums. nagpapalusot pa yung owner about the heel pads, tapos nun kinabit mali naman yung pagkakalagay... then in the end papaalisin ka lang...

kung walang alam sa kotse yung customer, malamang tinanggap na nya yung mats na walang heel pads.

if the case was to sell the mat without the heelpad then i think hindi misunderstanding, but from what I gathered, they were not able to do it satisfactory to DOc OTep's needs kaya it was taken out siguro. I think we should ask Tsikot.com what they have advised the shop owner when they called him. I think that was the basis of the silence.
  • The official statement from my bosses at Tsikot.com to whoever from Philbest called them up (let's not name names at the moment) was to leave the thread alone and communicate with their client directly (in this case me). I don't work for Tsikot.com but the owner (an established pediatrician) is my teacher from med school and I have high regard for him.

This isn't exactly the first time that someone mentioned on a thread tried to communicate directly with the website and the administrators would prefer direct communication between the two parties.

Hindi din ako demanding to be prioritized. At the end of the day I just want a good product or service to make it worth my time and money.