Home PEx Campus The Academe

Suggest a topic for Physics related investigatory project (high school)

Please, suggest naman po kayo ng topic na pwedeng gawin. Nothing too crucial please :rotflmao: It's just for my niece who is a 4th year high school student. Anything related to physics that uses the community resources *** po thanks. :)

Comments

• *** = lang
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i wanted to do this experiment myself but never got around to doing it: try to prove or disprove that the sun's rays that hit the earth are parallel to each other.

given the sun's shape, the rays are supposed to radiate from a single point at its center. but there's a theory (you'll have to google it) that says the farther the distance of that point source, the rays that reach you eventually change from radial to parallel.

an ancient geologist, erathosthenes, asked an assistant to monitor the sun's rays in alexandria (egypt) by staring down at a dry well (presumed to be perpendicular to the earth surface.) at the same time, he himself was monitoring a similar dry well at syene (same longtitude as alexandria but several miles away.) he discovered that when the sun's rays was hitting the bottom of the well at syene, it was shining on the sides of the well at alexandria. using basic trigonometry AND assuming the sun's ray's were parallel, he concluded that the earth was round and even estimated its diameter (fairly accurate at that.)

so, how would you tweak the above experiment this time to test whether or not the rays are parallel? you'll need three points of observation on earth at the same time, i'm afraid. use your internet to communicate with friends or relatives scattered around the earth to measure the angle at which the sun was hitting them. of course, all measuring points must be located so that the sun would be up in all of them at the same time.

how 'bout it? :D
  • Measuring the Surface Tension of Water Using a Home-made Single Beam Balance

Try mo i-modify yang project na yan.I recommend using same amounts of detergent na iba-ibang brands (SURF,ARIEL,TIDE,etc). Magdissolve ka siguro ng around 2.0 grams of each detergent sa iba ibang beakers with the same amount of water.Make sure na completely dissolved lahat para masasabi mong equal concentrations.

The best detergent would be that one with the lowest surface tension. Gamitin mo yung equipment na nakadescribe sa URL na binigay ko to measure the surface tension. if you want pwede mo ring imodify yung equipment.

Make at least 5 solutions per detergent siguro para mareport mo measurements mo na AVERAGE +/- standard deviation.

Don't forget the cite your reference/s.
  • TTJed wrote: »
    Measuring the Surface Tension of Water Using a Home-made Single Beam Balance

Try mo i-modify yang project na yan.I recommend using same amounts of detergent na iba-ibang brands (SURF,ARIEL,TIDE,etc). Magdissolve ka siguro ng around 2.0 grams of each detergent sa iba ibang beakers with the same amount of water.Make sure na completely dissolved lahat para masasabi mong equal concentrations.

The best detergent would be that one with the lowest surface tension. Gamitin mo yung equipment na nakadescribe sa URL na binigay ko to measure the surface tension. if you want pwede mo ring imodify yung equipment.

Make at least 5 solutions per detergent siguro para mareport mo measurements mo na AVERAGE +/- standard deviation.

Don't forget to cite your reference/s.

http://www.doitscience.com/2008/10/measuring-the-surface-tension-of-water/
  • Sorry I've been s busy. Thanks everyone! But we my niece told me that they need a final product? paano yun?
  • final product? di naman chemistry project ah? saka kakastart pa lang ng school year,investigatory project agad? halos wala pang natuturong physics concepts yung teacher nya. :rotfl:
  • baka naman next requirement para mabigyan ng passing grade yan eh dapat MAIBENTA nila yung product. hay naku!
  • TTJed wrote: »
    final product? di naman chemistry project ah? saka kakastart pa lang ng school year,investigatory project agad? halos wala pang natuturong physics concepts yung teacher nya. :rotfl:

Oo nga po :( ganyan rin sa school namin. Pahirapan eh, tapos tinanggal pa electronics sa TLE subject namin the past 3 years. Ngayon ineexpect nila na alam namin kung ano gagawin naming investigatory project eh la pa nga kaming alam sa Physics gaano? Saka paano naman namin malalaman kung kaya nga ba namin gawin yung idea namin saka yung mga methodology na yan kung la nga kaming idea. Kainis talaga.
  • ano ba namang klaseng mga teachers yan.sarap ireport sa DepEd.
  • Ewan ko ah... PAASCU accredited high school namin ng ilang levels eh... ibig sabihin kasama yan sa plano ng DepEd. Ewan sa kanila.. ang useless ng mga binibigay nilang IP. Bakit naman kasi sa start ng school year? Parang sa Chemistry lang namin last year, sa simula ng school year din kailangan yung topic. Ang useless ng mga IP eh, kung pangalawang subject na namin ng Chemistry at Physics yun, kung sakaling may dalawa kaming science subject last year, at ngayon magpapagawa ng IP de mas ok pa.

Ano namang silbi ng Investigatory Project kung ni di mo alam kung malalaman mo nga ba yung mga kailangan mong malaman para matapos yun. Kung pinreprepare sana kami de ok pa.
  • yung sa isang litrong liwanag na project. magandang topic yun :D