PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

AWOL Consequences (HELP!)

Hi guys. I read about the AWOL thread and I learned a lot. Although I still have some unanswered concerns about it. Somebody help me please. I'm planning to go AWOL and please don't try to convince me not to this is not a matter of seeking advice if I should go AWOL or not. I just NEED to.

I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping you guys can answer. This is my first job and I kid you not I am still a newbie about these kind of stuff. My questions are all based on a situation of me getting a new job.

- My TIN, ITR and 2316, if I'm hired in a new company, how do I take care of these?

- For my Pag-Ibig, it was mentioned in the "AWOL Thread" that the HR would see my previous company/employer. Does it matter? If it does, how do I get around it? Should I just apply as a new applicant or let my old one push through? Same for SSS.

That's it for now. :) Thanks guys!

Comments

• masterkaimasterkai Member PExer
    I've been into several call centers during the last few years. I didn't declare some of them in my resume because they would dig into it. some callcenters are strict when it comes to background check and some are not. my fist cc experience was a bad experience so i left. then i went to another callcenter in makati, i told them that i was a newbie. after a year i left again (awol) and went to a callcenter somewhere in taguig i told them that i was from this callcenter in makati, all they required as proof of employment was the payslip.
  • agentboiagentboi Member PExer
    It depends. Some HR and third party peole doing the background check are so strict and could see your contributions on your SSS, Philhealth, Pag ibig etc. with your undeclared employer (where you went on AWOL). Unless their background check process is not that strict.

If you are planning to apply again and declairing you are a newbie, they will let you apply for SSS, TIN, Pag-ibig, Philhealth. It is up to you on how you will let them know you already have those considering you are a "newbie".
  • nidla22nidla22 unending grace PExer
    same case tayo.. ako di padin makapag apply dahil natatakot ako.. hintay mode ng ibang advice
  • MhyelqMhyelq Member PExer
    Hi Guys..Quantus Global Solutions Inc. is looking for agents! Kindly send us your resumes to [email protected] or email us for further inquiries. Walk in applicants are most welcome.. :naughty: If your interested to check us out, just shoot us an email so we can send you the office address.. See you soon! Thanks :bop:
  • st_rangerst_ranger Member PExer
    AWOL? Take it from me.

I've been with five call centers in the past, namely ePerformax, Telus, WNS, West, and, just recently, APAC Cubao. I've gone AWOL with four of them; With West, I took an immediate resignation and wasn't able to complete with clearance. But I was officially resigned with them.

Right after my AWOL with my first call center, ePerformax, I was in doubt as well that when I apply to other and bigger call centers declaring I am a call center newbie, they might know that I was lying. I applied at Telus and didn't declare my previous employer. I got in successfully but the they were not so strict when it comes to requirements. Since I had my TIN number, they didn't bother looking for a physical proof.

When I went AWOL on Telus and applied at WNS, declaring it was my first time, same thing happened. Application went smooth. They didn't go OC with my papers -- they only asked for my TIN and all that.

When I went AWOL on WNS and applied at West, however, they asked for a physical proof of my TIN. So I went to the nearest BIR and was told to go to Makati where my TIN was originally registered. They also gave a small paper with my TIN number and a signature of a BIR rep (TIN Verification). I tried passing this to the West HR and accepted it.

With West, I asked for an immediate resignation which they didn't refuse. But I failed to complete my clearance, so I still haven't secured my 2316 with West when I applied to APAC. What I did when I applied at APAC Cubao, since I came out clean with West, I put all my other previous employers. Most call centers only dig for the most previous employer, right?

Bottomline is, I blame it on lame HR and background checkers. Background checks usually happen with larger call centers, e.g JP Morgan Chase. Good luck, TS. Hope I answered your question. Goodnight.
  • batman03batman03 Member PExer
    yep. after the interview and all the stuff, usually they wouldn't ask you questions about your credentials. so what if you have your numbers ready.

unless they were so concerned about their employee, and it still depends with the job description. tsaka usually, if mataas ang attrition ng company they wouldnt care to check na as long as you pass their recruitment stage.
  • emerald_garnetemerald_garnet Member PExer
    ok guys thanks much for the input, by the end of june i resigned properly from the company. mukhang masyadong maraming hassle if i would go awol so i just resigned.

thanks to everyone who responded!
  • majodevimajodevi Member PExer
    galing ako sa kilalang corporate company, I work dun for a month, and its my first job and its not meant for me. besides ang job description ko malayo sa course ko.

anyways, I'm applying now sa mga callcenters, and sa resume ko nakastate padin na i'm still a fresh grad, no working exp. except my intership... mahigpit ba background check sa mga callcenter? saka paano ko makakalusot dahil matrace nila yun sa sss ko..

kindly help!!

thanks!!
  • More than the call center agents being questioned going for an AWOL, It is the call center company's management team should be asked and scrutinized as well supposedly by the CEOs, stakeholders and owners of the call center companies. These call center companies should do their homework why their attrition rate is sky rocketing high, to a point that some of its employees are going for an AWOL. These Filipino managers should be the ones who are accountable for it. People would not go for an AWOL without any reason, if the company doesn't treat its employees well, they would definitely leave, moreso if the company treats its employees like slaves.

In connection to AWOL consequences, HR practitioners are well-aware of it that it has become a normal thing. American Call Center working environment is another story. It is more relax and absolutely an American way of life.
  • eamjaseamjas Member PExer
    More than the call center agents being questioned going for an AWOL, It is the call center company's management team should be asked and scrutinized as well supposedly by the CEOs, stakeholders and owners of the call center companies. These call center companies should do their homework why their attrition rate is sky rocketing high, to a point that some of its employees are going for an AWOL. These Filipino managers should be the ones who are accountable for it. People would not go for an AWOL without any reason, if the company doesn't treat its employees well, they would definitely leave, moreso if the company treats its employees like slaves.

In connection to AWOL consequences, HR practitioners are well-aware of it that it has become a normal thing. American Call Center working environment is another story. It is more relax and absolutely an American way of life.

^very well said.:D
  • onetenembeeonetenembee Member PExer
    More than the call center agents being questioned going for an AWOL, It is the call center company's management team should be asked and scrutinized as well supposedly by the CEOs, stakeholders and owners of the call center companies. These call center companies should do their homework why their attrition rate is sky rocketing high, to a point that some of its employees are going for an AWOL. These Filipino managers should be the ones who are accountable for it. People would not go for an AWOL without any reason, if the company doesn't treat its employees well, they would definitely leave, moreso if the company treats its employees like slaves.

Me and my other 2 officemates went on AWOL in a span of one month. Why? because we hate our boss because of his incompetency. We submitted a resignation but he talked to us and requested us to stay for another 2 weeks. We just cant take it anymore. So we submitted an immediate resignation but he didnt accept it. So we went on AWOL.

Whats worst is pinapalabas nya na agent attitude *** mga nangyare.. DUHH!
    well, its true nagawol ako, because of the environment, mga power trip, and its too much talaga, like pati pagdala ng gamit nya sa kotse ako gumagawa, and its not part of my job description...well anyways i'll apply again as a fresh grad...thanks!
  • stipipoystipipoy Member PExer
    majodevi wrote: »
    galing ako sa kilalang corporate company, I work dun for a month, and its my first job and its not meant for me. besides ang job description ko malayo sa course ko.

anyways, I'm applying now sa mga callcenters, and sa resume ko nakastate padin na i'm still a fresh grad, no working exp. except my intership... mahigpit ba background check sa mga callcenter? saka paano ko makakalusot dahil matrace nila yun sa sss ko..

kindly help!!

thanks!!

Hi,

1. Most of the big cc can do strict background check.

2. Yes, they can trace it. Let say you got a new job, you gave them your info about your tin, sss, pagibig etc., they will be able to see all related info like contributions, previous companies etc.

3. It's illegal and unauthorized to have two or more different numbers for sss, tin, pagibig etc., so you can't declare that you're still a newbie and hope to file a new registration(s) for these.

There's no harm in telling them the reasons why you left the company. Because if you lie, and they found out, you'll be in deep trouble and most probably will be blacklisted. Hope that helps.
    wala naman pong problem sakin in telling the truth but, di ko alam ang gagawin, especially 1month lang ako dun, and its not a good reason to say na mistreated ako dun, dahil parang siniraan ko pa yung company..
  • sa mga nag AWOL na, nakapag abroad na ba kayo? as in mag tour abroad?? i heard kasi na may hold order daw pag mga awol?? HOW TRUE???!!!!
  • stipipoystipipoy Member PExer
    majodevi wrote: »
    wala naman pong problem sakin in telling the truth but, di ko alam ang gagawin, especially 1month lang ako dun, and its not a good reason to say na mistreated ako dun, dahil parang siniraan ko pa yung company..

That's good to know, if that's the case then I'm pretty sure you'd make it there. Good luck! :)
  • lady_mitchlady_mitch Member PExer
    guys, ask ko ***. i worked in cc for almost 4 months but my contract is 6 months. ng- AWOL ako. almost 1 month na hndi na ako pumasok. i applied sa other company and i declared na ng-work ako as cc agent for 3 months and told them na ng-resign ako but the truth is ng-AWOL ako. so now they are asking for BIR 2316 form from my previous employer.

my question is, what if hndi ako bigyan ng BIR 2316 nung previous employer ko. what should i do?

help me pls. thnks
  • ^
    kasabay kc ng clearance mo yung form 2316 so ang option mo nlng jan eh mag clearance ka sa previous company mo, anyway right mo makuha yung clearance at mga documents mo *okay*
  • yuki2015yuki2015 Member PExer
    jabro0201 wrote: »
    ^
    kasabay kc ng clearance mo yung form 2316 so ang option mo nlng jan eh mag clearance ka sa previous company mo, anyway right mo makuha yung clearance at mga documents mo *okay*

Hi! Question lang. Pano kung nakapagpasa ka naman ng resignation letter. tapos inaccept naman nila. nakapag clearance ka naman. so nagawa mo naman yung requirements. kaso hindi mo lang nakuwa yung certificate of employment tsaka yung documents. Ok lang ba iyon? Kasi natapos mo naman lahat ng requirements eh. Hindi mo nga lang nakuwa yung certificate.
    Thanks!
  • sa mga nag AWOL na, nakapag abroad na ba kayo? as in mag tour abroad?? i heard kasi na may hold order daw pag mga awol?? HOW TRUE???!!!!

That is not TRUE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file