Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

Im looking for a MIts Galant VR6. Any suggestion? Within Metro only. thnx..

Im looking for a Mits Galant VR6. I badly needed a service kasi goin sa work. Any suggestions mga experts if you know someone that is selling Galant for reasonable prices..hope you could help me with this matter...thnx Experts!!!! :)

Comments

• You really sure you want that car for a daily drive?

We have one (bought brand new in 1994, one of the first 7th gen VR-V6s) and if you're very OC when it comes to cars, it wouldn't make a good daily driver nowadays. Its suspension is quite finicky (Eats balljoints for breakfast), traffic takes its toll on your FC and, AC isnt as good as we'd hope it to be.

Its really more at home on the highways and as an extra car given its age.

Just check out the Manila Bulletin on Sundays and im sure you'll find a few units to check out.
  • slamm wrote: »
    You really sure you want that car for a daily drive?

We have one (bought brand new in 1994, one of the first 7th gen VR-V6s) and if you're very OC when it comes to cars, it wouldn't make a good daily driver nowadays. Its suspension is quite finicky (Eats balljoints for breakfast), traffic takes its toll on your FC and, AC isnt as good as we'd hope it to be.

Its really more at home on the highways and as an extra car given its age.

Just check out the Manila Bulletin on Sundays and im sure you'll find a few units to check out.

really sir? so what do u think is best substitute car for the Galant that im looking for? whats the best sedan that is cheaper but have the same elegant look of a Galant...any suggestions?

thnx so much Sir Slamm...
  • Yep. To think i consider our unit already one of the better maintained and used ones, it drives us nuts to when we drive it then hear another kalampag (in fact i just drove it earlier to go to the grocery and it seems we have to replace another ball joint it seems).

Amongst its peers, the Corona is one of those that aged better, remains durable and has decent FC in the city (our old Exsior a/t got around 7 to 8 km/L in the city).

The Cefiro (A32 body) is the tops in my books amongst the late 1990 era 2.0s when it comes to comfort with good power and a decent FC but it can be a repair headache if you get a unit which was not maintained properly by its owner and it requires 95 octane fuel to avoid engine knock. We've owned one for several years and it was a very good car which gave us no headaches. My friend however got a second hand unit which overheated and it cost them dearly.

If you're talking about elegant looking though, a lot also depends on the condition of the car. Consider also cars like the Corolla Altis (small body), Sentra Exalta, Civic Vti and Mitsu Lancer. Even if they're 1600 class cars, as long as it has nice, original-looking paint, runs well, and is kept clean (no racing doo-dads), its will still hold its own on the road and in the parking lot. FC will also be better, yearly registration is cheaper and parts are abundant and relatively affordable to keep your wallet healthy.
  • slamm wrote: »
    Yep. To think i consider our unit already one of the better maintained and used ones, it drives us nuts to when we drive it then hear another kalampag (in fact i just drove it earlier to go to the grocery and it seems we have to replace another ball joint it seems).

Amongst its peers, the Corona is one of those that aged better, remains durable and has decent FC in the city (our old Exsior a/t got around 7 to 8 km/L in the city).

The Cefiro (A32 body) is the tops in my books amongst the late 1990 era 2.0s when it comes to comfort with good power and a decent FC but it can be a repair headache if you get a unit which was not maintained properly by its owner and it requires 95 octane fuel to avoid engine knock. We've owned one for several years and it was a very good car which gave us no headaches. My friend however got a second hand unit which overheated and it cost them dearly.

If you're talking about elegant looking though, a lot also depends on the condition of the car. Consider also cars like the Corolla Altis (small body), Sentra Exalta, Civic Vti and Mitsu Lancer. Even if they're 1600 class cars, as long as it has nice, original-looking paint, runs well, and is kept clean (no racing doo-dads), its will still hold its own on the road and in the parking lot. FC will also be better, yearly registration is cheaper and parts are abundant and relatively affordable to keep your wallet healthy.

very well said Sir Slamm...thnx so much for the advice..maybe ill try to look a Corona or maybe a Cefiro that will suit my daily driving needs..hopefully i can get one this month.. thnx a lot Sir..
  • Goodluck. Take your time and keep your options open; ask around relatives and friends also.