Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE

oTqGq.jpg
ySMn8.jpg
cFFDA.jpg
The July issue of Shogakukan's Corocoro Comic magazine is announcing next Wednesday that the game developer Level 5 (Inazuma Eleven, Danbōru Senki) is working on all aspects of the new Gundam AGE anime for release this fall. In particular, Level 5 President Akihiro Hino is in charge of the story. There will also be a Gundam AGE manga running in the magazine.

The new series will have three generations of "father, child, and descendant" as the lead characters. The main characters pilot the Gundam unit to fight against an unknown attacking enemy (UE) and save Earth in a "One Hundred Year War" — an apparent homage to the One Year War of the first Gundam series.

The first main character is Furitto Asuno, who developed the Gundam AGE-1 mobile suit (humanoid mobile weapon) equipped with the AGE System (a self-adapting computer). The second main character is Asemu Asuno, Furitto's child. The third main character is Kio Asuno, Furitto's descendant who inherits the Gundam. The Gundam AGE-1 can be augmented as the Gundam AGE-1 Titus for more power, or as the Gundam AGE-1 Sparrow for more speed.

Other characters include Emily, Furitto's friend since he was 7. Guruudekku is a Commander in the Earth Federation Forces and the captain of the battleship Diva. Mireesu is a Lieutenant (junior grade) in the Federation Forces aboard the Diva.

Tied into the anime will be "four ultimate projects" in the works: manga, hobby (model kits and figures), games, and cards.

Source: ANN

This is going to be the new Gundam show coming this fall (October 2011).

I'm not a fan of the character designs which look like it was taken straight from a toy anime, but the idea of having three generations of Gundam leads is something interesting.

Comments

• OMG!! it's Kouya Marino! the protagonist of Crush Gear Anime!
  • Another lame Gundam series..
  • RevelationsRevelations PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    seriously?!? pagkatapos ng gundam 00 and ongoing gundam unicorn, these are the new pilots?!?

parang step backwards in terms of character design ah.
  • Ang dami nang fans na umiiyak :rotflmao:
  • Gundam 00 is not lame. Using our timeline is a great idea. It is a great series that doesn't need to look back from First, Zeta, ZZ and Victory Gundam.

Gundam Unicorn is good but it would be great if I look back on First, Zeta, ZZ and Victory Gundam.

I think AGE deserves a benefit of a doubt. Character designs may be too familiar but what I look first and foremost is the STORY and behind the STORY itself.
  • @PikonsiJun: Why? Is it because it's not SEED? :naughty:

It's ridiculous how some people all around the net are bashing this show because of the character designs. I admit that I'm not a fan of the designs, but I'm definitely not complaining. Heck, GaoGaiGar had "kiddy" designs and just look at how awesome that show was.

I'll reserve my judgment for now until the first trailer. Regardless of which, I'm excited for this one.
  • zgmf_x20Azgmf_x20A PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    New timeline naman to diba? no more kira yamato?
  • @PikonsiJun: Why? Is it because it's not SEED? :naughty:

It's ridiculous how some people all around the net are bashing this show because of the character designs. I admit that I'm not a fan of the designs, but I'm definitely not complaining. Heck, GaoGaiGar had "kiddy" designs and just look at how awesome that show was.

I'll reserve my judgment for now until the first trailer. Regardless of which, I'm excited for this one.

Seed is awful IMHO!:rotflmao:

Level 5 is behind this one..Baka parang Inazuma Eleven to..:rotflmao:
  • piloto na si kouya! hahaha
  • Ang plot nito ay parang pinag-sama ang lahat ng UC timeline sa isang Gundam na anime.

100 years war kasi. lol!

So parang manonood tayo ng One Year War to F91 to V Gundam. lol!

Oh well as long hindi maging GunBuster tulad ng Gundam 00 na movie or the fail that is Gundam SEED: Destiny. I guess I can live with it.

Heck! don't forget Gunpla too. lol!
  • I have to admit, I cringed when I saw the character designs... but, as a fan of mecha, I'll give this a try and see how it goes.
  • Main site is up.

I'm still having difficulty taking in the character AND mecha designs.

Who knows, it might be good in animation.

EDIT: First trailer is out.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/v/11DecXqdN7o[/video]
    Are those aliens or alien-looking mecha? I don't mind, if those are indeed aliens as 00 did it and this show is going to expand on it or something.

As far as the trailer is concerned, I like what I saw. It's not exactly different from the usual mecha fare of kids piloting the most powerful mecha in their own universe, but the fact that this show will span three generations of protags is something that interests me a lot.
  • wag kasi mag judge.. panoorin muna kasi..
  • Gundam Kids edition. :lol:
  • Gundam Kids edition. :lol:

Gundam SD!!! :love:

Kidding aside, let's wait and see *okay*
  • manaka_junpeimanaka_junpei PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    baka aabot nang another year yan para matapos lahat, nakakapagod, parang 2 Precure series ang nalampasan ko.
  • Actually, it's a return to the basics.

Alam nyu naman kung sino at ano ang mga first protagonists ng Gundam diba(that is, kung true, blue Gundam fan ka)?

Most of them are KIDS who are plain clueless about the atrocities and nature of war.
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Gundam Kids edition. :lol:

Even Turn A Gundam had kid protagonists.
  • This looks like EVA + Code Geass + Gundam + Zoids(?)
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    interesting. will be watching this.

so what about the antagonist? aliens or just alien-looking mechs?