Home PEx Business and Careers Banking and Finance

Metrobank, HSBC and BPI CCs

I'm planning to get Credit Cards from this company? Ano masasabi niyo straight to the point tayo guys. Need na need ko lang talaga ng credit cards for something important and ayoko ng sakit ng ulo kapag bayaran na. Thanks! :naughty:

Comments

• janbranejanbrane PEx Rookie ⭐
    kris609 wrote: »
    I'm planning to get Credit Cards from this company? Ano masasabi niyo straight to the point tayo guys. Need na need ko lang talaga ng credit cards for something important and ayoko ng sakit ng ulo kapag bayaran na. Thanks! :naughty:

are you implying na you're not gonna pay whatever you'll buy using the card? last time i checked, lahat ng ccs are sakit ng ulo kapag bayaran na. what you need is money not card if you're not up for paying fees, etc.

But to answer your question: BPI, but good luck on getting approved.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    That was an excellent answer. *okay*

Maybe the thread starter also wants convenient means of paying the bills. I know BPI and HSBC credit card bills can be paid through online/internet banking, and BPI also allows payment by telephone banking. That means you don't have to line up at the teller or ATM. I don't know if Metrobank does that. so maybe if this is an important consideration, Metrobank is last on my list among the three.
  • shamashu9shamashu9 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    KuyaDanny wrote: »
    That was an excellent answer. *okay*

Maybe the thread starter also wants convenient means of paying the bills. I know BPI and HSBC credit card bills can be paid through online/internet banking, and BPI also allows payment by telephone banking. That means you don't have to line up at the teller or ATM. I don't know if Metrobank does that. so maybe if this is an important consideration, Metrobank is last on my list among the three.

i agree. hassle ng metrobank card sa bayaran ng bills, hindi affiliated ang bdo at sm. need mo pa magbayad sa branch nila or sa PNB lang. sobrang konti. sa online payment nila dapat may deposit account ka sa kanila.:bop:
  • bangkeroboy21bangkeroboy21 PEx Rookie ⭐
    i'm thinking you're not simply going to end with just wanting to "buy" stuff with a credit card...so opt for convenience na rin, BPI is more accessible (payment centers etc.) plus as an added bonus...madaming promos and tie-ins
  • well, i need it para sa 'needs' acutally... marami na akong nabasa na pangit kumuha ng CC sa metrobank pero gusto ko lang malaman pa yung ibang say din ng pex people na maganda about getting a metrobank creditcard... kumuha na din ako ng metrocard account kasi dun din naman nakadeposit ang sweldo :D
  • gusto ko rin sana malaman yung magandang card type sa BPI thanks :D
    I have all three. They are equally useful for spending. I also have bank accounts with BPI, which I use to settle the HSBC and BPI bills through internet banking.

As for Metrobank, I need to write a check and send the office messenger to the Metrobank branch to pay. This is still convenient, as he has to go there for other office-related business anyway. However, if the office did not have regular transactions at Metrobank, I would not have gotten a Metrobank card.
  • KuyaDanny wrote: »
    I have all three. They are equally useful for spending. I also have bank accounts with BPI, which I use to settle the HSBC and BPI bills through internet banking.

As for Metrobank, I need to write a check and send the office messenger to the Metrobank branch to pay. This is still convenient, as he has to go there for other office-related business anyway. However, if the office did not have regular transactions at Metrobank, I would not have gotten a Metrobank card.

Actually I'm new on getting credit cards :)) Kasi dati meron ako nun siyempre sagot ng nanay at tatay ang bayad :)) But kuya danny, ano yung 'account in BPI, which I use to settle the HSBC and BPI bills through internet bankin' pano yun? :D thanks sa reply whoo!
  • michymichymoomichymichymoo PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Actually I'm new on getting credit cards :)) Kasi dati meron ako nun siyempre sagot ng nanay at tatay ang bayad :)) But kuya danny, ano yung 'account in BPI, which I use to settle the HSBC and BPI bills through internet bankin' pano yun? :D thanks sa reply whoo!

I'm applying pa lang for credit card..same question,kuya danny :)
    But kuya danny, ano yung 'account in BPI, which I use to settle the HSBC and BPI bills through internet bankin' pano yun?

I have a checking account with BPI. I deposit most of what I earn into that account, before I decide where to invest the money. The checking account is enrolled in BPI's internet banking facility, so I can view the account balance and recent transactions by internet (www.bpi.com.ph).

The internet banking facility allows me to pay my credit card bills by internet. After I enroll my credit card accounts, I can authorize payment from my checking account to my credit card accounts through the internet. I do not need to line up at the branch teller or the ATM.

Credit cards are not the only bills you can pay through BPI internet banking. The facility can also handle insurance companies, clubs, telephone, electricity, and water, among others. The list of merchants can be found here:

https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/others/List_merchantsOS.htm
  • Thanks Kuya Danny! Sa metrobank mo meron ka pa bang masheshare :D:D
    Unfortunately, wala na.

The only reason I keep the Metrobank credit card is for charging business-related expenses which I later ask the office to reimburse. I like to keep my records clean, so I have some credit cards for personal spending and others for business expenses.
  • business expenses like?
    Business expenses like:

- my hotel bills when I travel on business
    - meals/representation when meeting clients
    - gasoline for the car when using the car for business trips
    - office supplies that I need which the purchasing guy cannot source quickly
  • I can tell you, HSBC has a great internet banking facility. When I have late payments before, customer service is friendly and I did not experience any horror stories of harassment.
  • shamashu9shamashu9 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    jbluzb wrote: »
    I can tell you, HSBC has a great internet banking facility. When I have late payments before, customer service is friendly and I did not experience any horror stories of harassment.

i agree. super secured.*okay*
  • I have all the 3 cards. For easy maintainance/efficiency, go with either HSBC or BPI. Sakit sa ulo ang bayaran sa Metrobank, unless you have accounts with them you can just auto-debit it. But for me, I connected my HSBC and BPI to my bpiexpressonline account. Its just 1 click away. :D
  • wireless wrote: »
    I have all the 3 cards. For easy maintainance/efficiency, go with either HSBC or BPI. Sakit sa ulo ang bayaran sa Metrobank, unless you have accounts with them you can just auto-debit it. But for me, I connected my HSBC and BPI to my bpiexpressonline account. Its just 1 click away. :D

In what way na masakit sa ulo ang bayaran sa Metrobank?
  • ArgerArger PEx Rookie ⭐
    Wow. interested din ako. Gusto ko kasi mag avail ng CC sa MetroBank.
  • marlowe1701marlowe1701 PEx Rookie ⭐
    Arger wrote: »
    Wow. interested din ako. Gusto ko kasi mag avail ng CC sa MetroBank.

i just received my toyota mastercard from metrobank, credit limit is really good for a start, 125K!!!! thanks metrobank....