PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

BSBA and B Landscape Architecture in UPd

Tanong ko lang po, kasi po I'll be taking the UPCAT this coming August. And I'm torn between two courses, BS BA at B Landscape Architecture. Interesado po ako sa dalawa pong course na yan, pero I want to know more po sana about the two courses para may background po naman ako and decide what to take. :)

Hope I'll have a reply.
Thank you po! :D

Comments

  • carlhirocarlhiro Resident Teleporter ✭✭✭
    Mas maraming kumukuha ng BS BA kesa sa B L.Arch. So kung gusto mo ang 2 yan, better na ilagay mo sa UPCAT ay 1st choice: BA, 2nd choice L.Arch.
  • mutant_onionoidmutant_onionoid Member PExer
    Choose Landscape Architecture!

    If you're in for the money...

    The number of registered landscape architects as of now doesn't even reach a thousand; you'll have enough projects to sustain your financial needs and more.


    If you're in for fulfillment/serving the country...

    We need more of them. Have you noticed that other countries like USA, Singapore, and Hong Kong prioritize parks over buildings? That's because open spaces - which Manila lacks - are important for the welfare of society, for they are the "lungs of the cities".

    Source: I'm a 2nd year LA student in UP-D *okay*
  • germtheorygermtheory Member PExer
    carlhiro wrote: »
    Mas maraming kumukuha ng BS BA kesa sa B L.Arch. So kung gusto mo ang 2 yan, better na ilagay mo sa UPCAT ay 1st choice: BA, 2nd choice L.Arch.

    Thanks for the idea carlhiro. I might choose that lineup! :rotflmao:
    Choose Landscape Architecture!

    If you're in for the money...

    The number of registered landscape architects as of now doesn't even reach a thousand; you'll have enough projects to sustain your financial needs and more.


    If you're in for fulfillment/serving the country...

    We need more of them. Have you noticed that other countries like USA, Singapore, and Hong Kong prioritize parks over buildings? That's because open spaces - which Manila lacks - are important for the welfare of society, for they are the "lungs of the cities".

    Source: I'm a 2nd year LA student in UP-D *okay*

    WOW! I've been waiting for an answer from a Landscape Architect! I could see that the number of LAs here in the Philippines are quiet few and this can be seconded by the number of board takers in LA, they don't even reach a hundred. :rotflmao:

    Anyway, is B LA fun and enjoying? :)
  • germtheorygermtheory Member PExer
    I might be taking up B Landscape Architecture. The UPCAT is already upcoming, and I really need to decide ASAP! :)

    thanks mutant_onionoid for those words of encouragement!
  • mutant_onionoidmutant_onionoid Member PExer
    germtheory wrote: »
    I might be taking up B Landscape Architecture. The UPCAT is already upcoming, and I really need to decide ASAP! :)

    thanks mutant_onionoid for those words of encouragement!

    You're welcome. *okay*
    germtheory wrote: »
    Thanks for the idea carlhiro. I might choose that lineup! :rotflmao:



    WOW! I've been waiting for an answer from a Landscape Architect! I could see that the number of LAs here in the Philippines are quiet few and this can be seconded by the number of board takers in LA, they don't even reach a hundred. :rotflmao:

    Anyway, is B LA fun and enjoying? :)

    #1: I'm still a student :lol:

    #2: B LA is definitely fun and enjoying. However, just don't cram, whatever your course in UP, or else it would be anything but fun and enjoying. *okay*
  • germtheorygermtheory Member PExer
    mutant_onionoid, one question lang po kuya. Nabothered lang po talaga ako, may magandang job opportunities po ba talaga dito sa Pilipinas ang course na toh? :) Interesado po talga ako sa field nato pero worried lang talaga ako sa pag.grad ko (kung papalain maka.UP), kung may makukuha ba akong job.
  • mutant_onionoidmutant_onionoid Member PExer
    germtheory wrote: »
    mutant_onionoid, one question lang po kuya. Nabothered lang po talaga ako, may magandang job opportunities po ba talaga dito sa Pilipinas ang course na toh? :) Interesado po talga ako sa field nato pero worried lang talaga ako sa pag.grad ko (kung papalain maka.UP), kung may makukuha ba akong job.

    First of all let's see what type of projects landscape architects deal with:
    • Parks
    • Residential Gardens
    • Roof Decks (garden on the rooftop, just so you know)
    • Pool Decks (Yes, swimming pools are a part of our arsenal)
    • City Plans
    • Agroforestry & Nature Reserve Parks
    • Cemeteries
    • Zoos & Botanical Gardens
    • Theme Parks
    • Subdivisions
    • Resorts
    • Farms
    • At marami pang iba *okay*

    There is a high demand for this profession in the local scene alone, yet the supply is low.

    There are at least 20 LA firms in the Philippines (and still counting) - and many of them are willing to hire fresh graduates.

    You could also work at MMDA.

    Oh, by the way, did you know the Father and Mother of Philippine Landscape Architecture, Ildefonso P. Santos and Dolly Q. Perez, are still alive? That's how young this profession is in the Philippine setting.

    Therefore, it's still growing, and you'll have enough projects to work on. It's as if it's the job looking for you!



    And one more thing: if you've noticed, condominiums are sprouting like mushrooms; no condo is complete without a roof deck. You do the math *okay*
  • germtheorygermtheory Member PExer
    Now Im convinced! Haha. :) salamat po sa mga encouragement. Madami na rin nagsabi na maganda and BLArch na course! Sana pumasa ako sa UPCAT! :D

    Last na tanong po, mababa po ba mortality rate ng BLArch na course?
  • mutant_onionoidmutant_onionoid Member PExer
    Mataas ba kamo? Err...no :rotflmao:
  • germtheorygermtheory Member PExer
    Now, mas eager na ako na mag BLArch! Hahahaha. Cool! Salamat po mutant_onionoid for the infos! :)
  • mutant_onionoidmutant_onionoid Member PExer
    No problem!


    See you next year :lol: *okay*
  • agentboiagentboi Member PExer

  • jograd84jograd84 Member PExer
    germtheory wrote: »
    Tanong ko lang po, kasi po I'll be taking the UPCAT this coming August. And I'm torn between two courses, BS BA at B Landscape Architecture. Interesado po ako sa dalawa pong course na yan, pero I want to know more po sana about the two courses para may background po naman ako and decide what to take. :)

    Hope I'll have a reply.
    Thank you po! :D

    I can't agree more. Konti lang ang population ng College namin kaya masaya. Hope you pass the UPCAT. *okay*

    By the way I'm an Architecture Alumni ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file