Citizenship & Immigration Canada: Questions and Issues (Part V)

Comments

• illuminaillumina L'enfer, c'est les autres PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    edited July 28
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Ask ko lang po if ano po ang available ways satin ngayon to transfer funds from Philippines to Canada? I am hoping to land po as PR this August in Canada and ayaw ko po sana magdala ng cash in-flight. Sa ngayon po, I’m looking at Scotiabank’s Start right program. Meron na po bang nakatry sa inyo nitong program? If meron po, saang bank po kaya pinakamaganda mag wire transfer to Scotia bank ng cash? I heard po na BPI po yata ang partner nila pero di po ako sure. And if meron po kayong ibang ways na ginawa to transfer funds, please share po ☺️ thank you po! 

Earlier in this thread, @skuidward and I discussed bringing a bank draft in CAD in your name. You can search for it on this forum. That gives you the freedom to deposit it in any bank, not just tied to Scotia. It's also pretty safe, even if you lose it (knock on wood), because it's in your name, only you can use it. The funds become available within 1 week. It means you also have to declare it at the airport when you land, but there's nothing wrong with it since you're a landing PR anyway.

You can technically wire transfer from any bank into your Scotiabank account once it's set up. But BPI does have a "partnership" I guess where it is easier/cheaper.

Just from personal experience, it was somehow cheaper to bring a bank draft than to do a wire transfer, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Ask ko lang po if ano po ang available ways satin ngayon to transfer funds from Philippines to Canada? I am hoping to land po as PR this August in Canada and ayaw ko po sana magdala ng cash in-flight. Sa ngayon po, I’m looking at Scotiabank’s Start right program. Meron na po bang nakatry sa inyo nitong program? If meron po, saang bank po kaya pinakamaganda mag wire transfer to Scotia bank ng cash? I heard po na BPI po yata ang partner nila pero di po ako sure. And if meron po kayong ibang ways na ginawa to transfer funds, please share po ☺️ thank you po! 

Earlier in this thread, @skuidward and I discussed bringing a bank draft in CAD in your name. You can search for it on this forum. That gives you the freedom to deposit it in any bank, not just tied to Scotia. It's also pretty safe, even if you lose it (knock on wood), because it's in your name, only you can use it. The funds become available within 1 week. It means you also have to declare it at the airport when you land, but there's nothing wrong with it since you're a landing PR anyway.

You can technically wire transfer from any bank into your Scotiabank account once it's set up. But BPI does have a "partnership" I guess where it is easier/cheaper.

Just from personal experience, it was somehow cheaper to bring a bank draft than to do a wire transfer, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you po @illumina! I’ll look into your bank draft discussion in this thread. 1 week lang po pala and maaaccess na yung funds, I thought it would be longer kaya po I’m hesitant to use a bank draft. 

Ask ko na rin po, for those who landed in BC/ residing in BC, where do I apply po for SIN, PR Card and health card? Thank you! 

• illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Thank you po, @illumina . I’ll look up po yung bank draft discussion nyo here sa thread. 1 week lang po pala and ma-aaccess ko na po yung funds, I thought po it would take longer kaya I was hesitant to use a bank draft.

Ask ko na rin po, for those who landed sa BC, saan po nagaapply for SIN, PR card and healthcard? Thank you! 
  • illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Thank you po, @illumina . I’ll look up po yung bank draft discussion nyo here sa thread. 1 week lang po pala and ma-aaccess ko na po yung funds, I thought po it would take longer kaya I was hesitant to use a bank draft.

Ask ko na rin po, for those who landed sa BC, saan po nagaapply for SIN, PR card and healthcard? Thank you! 
    pastagrl said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

SIN: Can be at the Service Canada office at Vancouver Airport if you land during office hours. If not, find a Service Canada office in your area.
    PR card: No need: this is automatic for newcomers.
    Health card/MSP: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/eligibility-and-enrolment/how-to-enrol
  • skuidwardskuidward *yawn* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    pastagrl said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Bring at least one to two month's worth of cash for your day to day expenses and rent just in case the bank decides to hold your BD funds longer than 1 week. I am not a fan of wire transfers. Magkamali ka lang ng isang detail, reject na agad plus yung fees.

Credit card usually takes 2 weeks before it arrives via mail and the debit / cash / access / ABM card is given upfront when you apply.

Best of luck with your move to Canada!
  • jabe123jabe123 Member 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    Hello, anyone here applied for an FBI clearance (Identity History Summary)? Wanted to ask where you got your fingerprints taken in the Philippines (i.e. fingerprinting technician).
  • skuidward said:
    pastagrl said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Bring at least one to two month's worth of cash for your day to day expenses and rent just in case the bank decides to hold your BD funds longer than 1 week. I am not a fan of wire transfers. Magkamali ka lang ng isang detail, reject na agad plus yung fees.

Credit card usually takes 2 weeks before it arrives via mail and the debit / cash / access / ABM card is given upfront when you apply.

Best of luck with your move to Canada!
    Thank you po 🙏🏼 ☺️
  • crescent19crescent19 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    jabe123 said:
    Hello, anyone here applied for an FBI clearance (Identity History Summary)? Wanted to ask where you got your fingerprints taken in the Philippines (i.e. fingerprinting technician).
    I did in January 2017 (ang tagal na pala!) sa Camp Crame. Took me less than an hour, paid 200 pesos. People there are really friendly. See this link, pages 15-16 of the PDF for more details.

http://www.pnp.gov.ph/images/Downloads/CLGServices.pdf
  • anthonxanthonx Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    jabe123 said:
    We did ours sa NBI Manila.  Year 2015.  Don't remember the fee but its definitely less than 200 pesos.  Some additional info.  The difficult part is we have to buy the FBI fingerprint cards online from the US.  
  • BlueeeBlueee Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Hello po. Need ko po sana advise for correct NOC code. Sana may makasagot. Loans processor po ako dito sa pinas for more than 4years, upon searching for my equivalent NOC code, yung lumalabas is NOC 6235(financial sales representative). Pero sabi ng agent ko yung correct daw po na NOC is 1232 (Loans Officer) kasi daw mas malapit sa title ko na Loans processor. Sinearch ko both JD ng dalawa, the same lang naman e as in word by word. Gusto ko sana gamitin yung financial sales representative instead of loans officer kasi nakita ko na in high demand to sa alberta, hoping to get NOI for AINP kasi. Need ko pa po ba magrequest ng bagong COE na palitan yung title from loans processor to financial sales representative? Yun kasi sabi ng agent ko para mas madali daw marecognize sa susunod kung anung noc talaga pinakatama. Worry ko naman e kung baka papalitan ko at tumawag cla sa HR bka masabi ng HR is loans processor aq instead of financial sales representative. Title lng naman umiba e, same naman yan sila JD.

sana po may makasagot. TIA 🙏
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Hello po Illumina. Pasagot naman po pls. Need ko po sana advise for correct NOC code. Loans processor po ako dito sa pinas ngaun for more than 4years, upon searching for my equivalent NOC code, yung lumalabas is NOC 6235(financial sales representative). Pero sabi ng agent ko yung correct daw po na NOC is 1232 (Loans Officer) kasi daw mas malapit sa title ko na Loans processor. Sinearch ko both JD ng dalawa, the same lang naman e as in word by word. Gusto ko sana gamitin yung financial sales representative instead of loans officer kasi nakita ko na in high demand to sa alberta, tsaka may nakita din ako sa other forums na my nainvite na noc6235 sa PEI,  hoping to get NOI for AINP and PEI kasi. 428 lng kc crs namin e. Need ko pa po ba magrequest ng bagong COE na palitan yung title from loans processor to financial sales representative? Yun kasi sabi ng agent ko para mas madali daw marecognize ng cic kung anung noc talaga pinakatama pg nagka ITA na. Worry ko naman e kung baka papalitan ko at makareceive ako ng NOI sa alberta/pei sa susunod at tumawag cla sa HR bka masabi ng HR is loans processor aq instead of financial sales representative. Title lng naman umiba e, same naman sila dalawa ng job description.
    edited August 3
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Hello po Illumina. Pasagot naman po pls. Need ko po sana advise for correct NOC code. Loans processor po ako dito sa pinas ngaun for more than 4years, upon searching for my equivalent NOC code, yung lumalabas is NOC 6235(financial sales representative). Pero sabi ng agent ko yung correct daw po na NOC is 1232 (Loans Officer) kasi daw mas malapit sa title ko na Loans processor. Sinearch ko both JD ng dalawa, the same lang naman e as in word by word. Gusto ko sana gamitin yung financial sales representative instead of loans officer kasi nakita ko na in high demand to sa alberta, tsaka may nakita din ako sa other forums na my nainvite na noc6235 sa PEI,  hoping to get NOI for AINP and PEI kasi. 428 lng kc crs namin e. Need ko pa po ba magrequest ng bagong COE na palitan yung title from loans processor to financial sales representative? Yun kasi sabi ng agent ko para mas madali daw marecognize ng cic kung anung noc talaga pinakatama pg nagka ITA na. Worry ko naman e kung baka papalitan ko at makareceive ako ng NOI sa alberta/pei sa susunod at tumawag cla sa HR bka masabi ng HR is loans processor aq instead of financial sales representative. Title lng naman umiba e, same naman sila dalawa ng job description.
    I have no idea. I don't keep track of all the NOCs.
    Use your best judgment. You know your job best.
    For example, my agent told me I was NOC 2174. I submitted to SINP as 2174 and was accepted. When I read NOC 2173, I knew I could fit there too. Then I submitted as NOC 2173 to OINP and was accepted.
    Listed job responsibilities are considered rather than job title. It just has to match 60% of the listed NOC.
    So it's possible to match multiple NOCs. Go for the one that is in demand, depending on which application you want.
    illumina said:
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

For example, my agent told me I was NOC 2174. I submitted to SINP as 2174 and was accepted. When I read NOC 2173, I knew I could fit there too. Then I submitted as NOC 2173 to OINP and was accepted.
    Listed job responsibilities are considered rather than job title. It just has to match 60% of the listed NOC.
    So it's possible to match multiple NOCs. Go for the one that is in demand, depending on which application you want.
    Thank you Illumina. i’ll go with NOC 6235 then. Kaya lang sinabihan ako ng agent ko na magrequest dw ng COE na papalitan yung job title ko from loans to processor to financial sales representative(6235) para iwas deny daw in the future. Tinatawagan ba nila yung employer/HR to confirm if yan talaga job title mo? 
    edited August 3
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Thank you Illumina. i’ll go with NOC 6235 then. Kaya lang sinabihan ako ng agent ko na magrequest dw ng COE na papalitan yung job title ko from loans to processor to financial sales representative(6235) para iwas deny daw in the future. Tinatawagan ba nila yung employer/HR to confirm if yan talaga job title mo? 
    Rarely. 

Anyway, if you want to follow your agent's advice in spite of what I just said, continue asking them instead. I already gave my two cents.
    illumina said:
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    Blueee said:
    illumina said:
    pastagrl said:

Hello po ☺️

Rarely. 

Anyway, if you want to follow your agent's advice in spite of what I just said, continue asking them instead. I already gave my two cents.
    Thank you, Illumina! ❤️
  • migweldermigwelder First Timer PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hi, I worked in SK Canada for 2 yrs under working visa and returned back home. Now I am planning to go back under express entry and my concern is will my application be affected as I left 2 credit card debts when I was there?
  • pappylipspappylips Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    migwelder said:
    Hi, I worked in SK Canada for 2 yrs under working visa and returned back home. Now I am planning to go back under express entry and my concern is will my application be affected as I left 2 credit card debts when I was there?
    Medyo tricky ang situation mo since part of applying for EE as I read it, would be the valuation of your "net worth" meaning declaration of all your assets less liabilities. Kung makalusot ka man na maprocess at mag land dito, there will be repercussions for sure since credit cards are essential here when doing transactions and you leaving outstanding debts won't be a good record for your credit history.  You will be traced for sure sa naiwan mong pagkakautang.. Goodluck.
    migwelder said:
    Well consider yourself lucky if you have one of these cards or maybe both.  See link below.  Not sure if they check your credit score when applying for EE.  This is interesting topic though.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/chase-bank-amazon-visa-marriott-credit-card-debt-1.5239411
    I've noticed lately that there is a growing number of student applicants in Canada.  Anyone here going that route?  It seems like if you study for a year, you will also be allowed to work for a year after your studies.  2 years of studies = 2 years of work visa.  Please share your experience.  Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file