Home PEx Relationships The Singles Scene

On BF/GF making out with someone else behind your back...

There's always the so-called loyal BF/GF who sleeps with everyone else other than his/her sweetheart. Loyalty of course does not imply faithfulness. One can still be loyal but not faithful at the same time.

So what comes to mind in relation to this?

Comments

• Good observation. Never thought the logic of "there is loyalty in faithfulness but we are not certain that there is faithfulness in loyalty".

I guess we are human beings after all, subject to temptations slash tests to prove your faithfulness to one and only. Unfortunately, this concept applies to Christians only. Muslim men may have another wife via consent from his first.

As for the loyal (and faithful) couples, wish you best of luck 'til eternity.
  • yup. one can be loyal which means there is no other BF/GF but still not faithful at the same time which implies having flings, one night stands, and maybe even fubus.

in this scenario, the unknowing GF/BF is better off not knowing anything at all. once she finds out about his/her escapades, she/he is going to look more dumb and stupid. the BF/GF will deny about having anything extra even if it's true.

i know of a GF calling her BF's sexual playmate pathetic but her being told it wasn't true when heaven knows it is makes her actually the pathetic one instead.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    BS. Loyalty is faithfulness. Look it up in the dictionary.

The truth it's not the problem with him, the cheater, the problem is with you. You tolerate it.

The logic should be, 'faithfulness isn't always equated with faithfulness/loyalty'.

This logic is the type that is bourne of a 'weaker sex', and that's how you Pinays are raised over there. You were raised to be dependent on men and thus they have the leeway to cheat and do whatever they want. You bring it yourselves.

My opinion.
  • wondering if they really have the balls...i mean guts to live with the word LOYALTY...and it will never be our fault to give them our TRUST...apparently that word they use as an excuse in saving their face...
  • BS. Loyalty is faithfulness. Look it up in the dictionary.

The truth it's not the problem with him, the cheater, the problem is with you. You tolerate it.

The logic should be, 'faithfulness isn't always equated with faithfulness/loyalty'.

This logic is the type that is bourne of a 'weaker sex', and that's how you Pinays are raised over there. You were raised to be dependent on men and thus they have the leeway to cheat and do whatever they want. You bring it yourselves.

My opinion.

relax & chill. the guilty partner always reacts defensively. :lol:

cheating, err applies to both sexes, thus the slash in between male & female. see BF/GF or he/she or his/her? Tolerance is for those who knows & yet allows it. Not knowing is a different story.

loyalty & faithfulness are synonymous to each other alright but in this context they are different. loyalty is faithfulness to a partner & etc. & faithfulness is being loyal or what not in so-called dictionary. but once again, one can be loyal or faithful in the eyes of the partner because she/he does not know that he/she is screwing around. that's what was implied to start with. let's try to think outside the literal (dictionary) box. *peace*

maushee wrote: »
    wondering if they really have the balls...i mean guts to live with the word LOYALTY...and it will never be our fault to give them our TRUST...apparently that word they use as an excuse in saving their face...

@F-A Soldier, see this? she understood what the thread was about?! duh. it wasn't about anything literal. it was saying you are loyal but not really or you are faithful but not really.

pambihirang 'yan. ala ey ingliserong palaka di naman naintindi are'... :rotflmao:
    relax & chill. the guilty partner always reacts defensively. :lol:

cheating, err applies to both sexes, thus the slash in between male & female. see BF/GF or he/she or his/her? Tolerance is for those who knows & yet allows it. Not knowing is a different story.

loyalty & faithfulness are synonymous to each other alright but in this context they are different. loyalty is faithfulness to a partner & etc. & faithfulness is being loyal or what not in so-called dictionary. but once again, one can be loyal or faithful in the eyes of the partner because she/he does not know that he/she is screwing around. that's what was implied to start with. let's try to think outside the literal (dictionary) box. *peace*

@F-A Soldier, see this? she understood what the thread was about?! duh. it wasn't about anything literal. it was saying you are loyal but not really or you are faithful but not really.

pambihirang 'yan. ala ey ingliserong palaka di naman naintindi are'... :rotflmao:

No. You're justifying something that don't make sense.

How could you be loyal when you're cheating? LOL.

It's like saying the he's right but he's wrong.

What you're justifying is what happens A LOT in the Philippines: allowing someone to screw around as long as he 'comes back to me'. Which is normal there because: 1. the woman is weak culturally 2. the woman is weak financially (because divorce, child support doesn't exist).

And culturally in the Philippines you're expected to 'bend over' and get rammed in the *****$ whether you like it or not and you're left with out of desperation or subjugation, to pick up left overs. That's why it make sense to you folks, even rationally, grammatically, it don't make any sense.

And yes, man or woman, but the truth is this happens MOSTLY to women in the PI, and somehow they get a somewhat sympathetic name: martyrs...when in my opinion it's not, it's should be called "stupidity" and "weakness".

Just in case you forgot what it means here's it is from Merriam Webster:

faithfulness n. adherence to something to which one is bound by a pledge or duty

synonyms: loyalty, constancy (meaning ALL the time)

antonyms (opposites): inconstancy, infidelity

You can't make words/sh!t up. :glee:

It only make sense IF 1. you're retarded 2. you're willing/are allowing your partner to do this to you because 1. you're desperate 2. no self esteem/self respect 3. weak 4. stupid 5. all of the above.
    \"if they don't know"...LOL,

Honeycakes, it doesn't change the fact that you're cheating. You don't even have to change the word from faithful to loyal, either or what you mean to say is you APPEAR 'faithful/loyal' out of misinformation. :glee:

In either case you can't cheat and be faithful, you can't cheat and loyal and loyal and faithful are the same words. :glee:

Loyalty=faithfulness
    Faithful=loyal
    therefore
    NOT faithful= not loyal
    cheating = UN-faithful, disloyal.

You can't be one but not the other, because they're the same thing.
  • nah, regardless of every explanation you have mentioned - you still do not get the point. i wouldn't wonder why because you think from a different culture.

again, it's nothing literal. everyone obviously knows what loyal & faithful means. & of course, one cannot be technically loyal or faithful while cheating on the sides. it's about making out with someone else behind the partner's back. which means you are a cheater & cannot be deemed as loyal in all it's literal sense and definition. but since the partner does not know, he/she thinks you are loyal or faithful.

this is not even about tolerant women. both & women can cheat & still save face. if you did not hear about it because you are not from here, then let me the one to first tell you.

thank you for all your biased opinions on philippine culture and filipina women. not being a resident explains why you do not know anything at all. you probably watch too many soap operas in filipino channels. the weak pinay is often glorified in such soaps. but in reality, there are many independent women nowadays. so being left behind with a kid is no problem. single moms are highly capable of supporting kids financially.
    What?!? :lol:

It doesn't matter what culture you come from I'm replying to this: "One can still be loyal but not faithful at the same time."

It doesn't MAKE ANY SENSE. It's like you're saying, "you're right but it doesn't mean you're correct."

And what is the 'nonliterary' meaning of loyal? :shrug2: :mconfused:

Loyal=faithful. There's no such thing as loyal=/=faithful. If you're cheating, you're disloyal, if you're cheating you're unfaithful.

And no it's not borne of presuppositions, LOL, I know from my OWN family here (abroad) and in the Philippines proper who've gone through that. And I can't count how many of them I know from friends, and other Filipinos. It's not just happening in 'soap operas'. Just look around this VERY site and you'll find tons of examples from posters.

In either case if you're cheating you're disloyal/unfaithful, regardless of who you're fooling (yourself or your partner). LOL.
  • you are still on the literal side. so there's no point in explaining it. this is a loss cause. it's like poetry versus literal meaning. if u do not understand because you have a closed, one-sided brain then better not bother understanding or even attempting to do so.

there's no explanation needed for those who get the point. but for the sake of a useless fight, let's compare the ideas.

literal: "you cannot be loyal when you are not faithful because they are literally defined in the same sense."

non-literal: if you go home to only one wife/husband but manage to sleep around without being caught, then you are in a non-literal way still "loyal" to the husband/wife because the other party does not know about it. it's not even who is being fooled, it's about loyalty to a marriage or partnership even if you are not completely faithful

how hard is that to understand? and no matter how you attempt to say that you think no differently from us, it still shows. i can use the same statement to everyone HERE & i'm sure they'll get without having to refer to a dictionary.

btw, that quote was from a text message circulating like a viral video. HERE, text spreads like wild fire. & HERE we do not need any literal meaning to unveil hidden meanings behind all too literal a message.

no matter how many people you personally know, that is still not the whole scenario. you generalized the population of filipina women based on a
  • kreukkreuk PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    init ng ulo ni FA sweetcakes:lol:

All i know is, one should be responsible for his or her happiness. If you're miserable, do something about it.
    LOL but that's not loyalty. It's called a sham/charade. :glee: I'll make it easy for you okay, if I lied to you and you believed it, was I lying to you or was I telling you the truth, because either way you didn't know the reality. Was I lying or was I telling the truth? If we use that example to what you said (two synonyms) it's like you're telling me: just because you're lying it doesn't mean you're not telling the truth. (I just changed loyal and faithful) LOL. It doesn't make sense.

What you meant to say is this: just because someone SEEM faithful doesn't mean they are. Loyal and faithful are the same words. :glee:

As for your 'nonliterary meaning' explaining, that's what I already said earlier. I'll quote myself: "allowing someone to screw around as long as he 'comes back to me.'" #7

What you're saying (which is my initial take on the matter) is: at the end of the day, just because that someone comes home it doesn't mean they're not sleeping around.

And if that's case I won't repeat myself to explain why that's not loyalty just reread post #7.

to kreuk, I'm not mad, this girl made my post more complicated than it is.
  • no, it's your response which is making it complicated. if I relate this idea to high school students HERE, they would understand. i guess this is the wrong forum for you. best to look for threads which think the way you do. people HERE think local.

so if you continue with loyal & faithful being the one & the same, then you still dun get the point. i'm just wasting typed words with you. i can go out in the streets, conduct a survey & everyone will understand the SENSE of what is being implied HERE without having to complicate the idea with irrelevant quotes from a dictionary.

since your culture is far from how it is HERE, you can never relate & you can never understand. so why bother even participating? again, look for your own world. you dun belong HERE.
    I'll even say it in Tagalog: "Basta ba matapat ang loob (loyal), di ibig sabihin maging totoo (faithful) ?" Why it doesn't make sense, BECAUSE even in the Tagalog dictionary, they MEAN the same thing.

I understand what you're saying, but your wording is wrong. What you mean to say is this: "Just because one seems loyal, doesn't mean he is."

And I know what you you're getting into, I (he comes home back to her, but he stills sleeps around---which is the common thematic to people you folks there call "martir") said it posts ago.

I don't belong here, fine. LOL.
  • @TS don't take it personally, this forum stretches far from the Philippine borders. Any post or thread started will get different opinions from different people.

that said, from a guys point of view, I can't be loyal if I'm not faithful. It is as simple as that.

When a guy says he is loyal then still sleeps around, that's just "bola". :)
  • ganito lang ka simple yan masyado nyo pa kasing kino-complicate.. wala naman complication lang masyado nyo lang binibigyan ng madaming meaning

Kung ako gagawa nyan like meron ako asawa and yet meron ako pinupuntahan na club then meron one night stand after that uuwi ako sa asawa ko for my tatawagin ko bang loyal sarili ko? hindi ah mas iisipin ko na i'm good with this things mas lalaki ego ko pero the moment na ginagawa ko na yan di ko iisipin na loyal/faithful ako kasi im cheating nga eh how can i be loyal dahil ba umuwi ako? maybe dahil umuwi ako to our own home kasi just because it's my home narin as long di mo ko nahuhuli i will always do that.. kayo lang kasing mga babae nag bibigay ng ganyang thinking about loyalty and being faithful.. you are just saying the word "loyalty" because kapag nahuli nyo you want to still give him the chance or nag papaka martir lang kayo which kitang kita naman na hindi loyal yung guy sa inyo

Hindi porket umuuwi sa bahay nyo ang lalake after makipag one night stand eh loyal parin siya.. actually the moment na nakipag one night stand na partners nyo wala naring "LOVE" don so kung wala yon wala din loyalty or kahit na yung faithfulness.. umuuwi lang siya just because kelangan nya umuwi.. it doesn't mean anything or loyal siya ganun talaga pinapaikot lang kayo..
  • the truth of the matter is, this was intended for an ex-fling's (beyond fling actually) ex-gf. that's right, ex-gf dahil break na sila at may bago na ulit si boylet. the girl calls me pathetic but she is the one na iniiputan sa ulo. her ex-bf was no more than a lousy bed warmer. eh ngayon, wala na sila. :lol:
  • Meanie!!Meanie!! PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Out of nothing at all....making out!

Out of nothing at all.....making out!
  • @TS don't take it personally, this forum stretches far from the Philippine borders. Any post or thread started will get different opinions from different people.

that said, from a guys point of view, I can't be loyal if I'm not faithful. It is as simple as that.

When a guy says he is loyal then still sleeps around, that's just "bola". :)

*okay**okay**okay*
  • bumping this old thread up!