Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Careers after graduation: HRIM

Hello Benildeans! We know na maraming na at parami pa ang mga graduate ng HRIM from CSB and HRM grad from other Universities and Colleges. My question is: Marami pa bang employment opportunities ang naghihintay sa pag-grad ko (ID#110), kasi parang nagiging nursing na ngayon ang HRM/HRIM ang daming graduates.

Comments

  • madami pa yan ! :D well ang plano ko talaga is makatayo ako ng hotel and resto sa ibat ibang bansa :D ,, dahil marami ang may pangarap na ganito maraming employment ;)
  • kirkyang wrote: »
    madami pa yan ! :D well ang plano ko talaga is makatayo ako ng hotel and resto sa ibat ibang bansa :D ,, dahil marami ang may pangarap na ganito maraming employment ;)

    Thanks dude! Kinakabahan talaga ko baka kasi pag-graduate ko wala na masyadong demand... Mahal pa naman tuition!
  • mahal nga eh hahaha pero oh well Pwede naman mag working student ;)
  • ^Pwede nga pero ang tanong diyan ay kung kakayanin.

    Hindi biro ang HRIM :lol:
  • andyo693 wrote: »
    Hello Benildeans! We know na maraming na at parami pa ang mga graduate ng HRIM from CSB and HRM grad from other Universities and Colleges. My question is: Marami pa bang employment opportunities ang naghihintay sa pag-grad ko (ID#110), kasi parang nagiging nursing na ngayon ang HRM/HRIM ang daming graduates.

    HRIM grads are still in demand today as it was 5 years ago, when I was just a frosh at CSB. ;)
    honestly, and i say this without any intent of bragging, that CSB's HRIM graduates will always be prioritized when it comes to hiring. managers in the philippine hospitality industry are confident that we will always deliver the part well. and especially now that CSB has established an excellent reputation in the hotel industry, you won't have to worry about getting hired. :)
    on a side note: keep in mind that the starting salary in the hotel and restaurant industry is minimum. once you get regularized though (around 6-12 months from employment), you can expect to earn triple. the monthly service charge that will be given per regular employee in 5 star hotels ranges from 15K to 40K.:)
  • ^Pwede nga pero ang tanong diyan ay kung kakayanin.

    Hindi biro ang HRIM :lol:

    hindi talaga kakayanin kung isasabay mo pa sa trabaho. best way to go is apply for a scholarship. hindi madamot ang CSB pag dating dyan.;)
  • Oo nga eh try ko mag-apply sa SOFA. Thanks po!
  • They say Benildean Hoteliers are in demand and are the top-priority in hiring, thanks to the alumni for well-establishing that image in the Hospitality industry and the intensive-training, holistic development we get at the DLS-CSB!
  • travel2987travel2987 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Benildean here. Graduated with honors some 9-10 years ago. I'd like to think that there are still plenty of opportunities out there. But you gotta have the passion to succeed in this field. Yes, super baba ng salary for starters. Not to mention the 6 day workweek as oppose to regular office jobs na 5 days lang. In my case, I got immediate exposure to BPO after graduation. Huge mistake. Although I was able to enter the hospitality industry din naman eventually (twice abroad), still iba pa din kasi pag natikman mo na ang luxury and comfort in working sa BPO industry. Now, I've totally lost the passion to work and succeed in the hospitality industry. I guess you can say I entered a "passion killer" industry kasi. Anyhow, I'm going back to school so I can switch careers and eventually venture into teaching. I realized this field will definitely not make me rich but at least hopefully, I'mma be able to share my knowledge to others and help them succeed. That's a whole 'nother level of satisfaction not everyone realizes they can have.

    Good luck and stay focus on achieving your dreams fellow Benildeans! :)
  • Thank you fellow Benildeans, below minimum wage po ba ang sweldo both local and abroad?
  • travel2987travel2987 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    andyo693 wrote: »
    Thank you fellow Benildeans, below minimum wage po ba ang sweldo both local and abroad?

    Hindi naman. Locally, mababa lang sya compared to other industries with easier/lighter jobs and schedule. Not sure kung how much na ang starting salary ngayon eh, maybe around 12-15k/mo? Yung iba, meron namang hotel service charge na additional kung sa hotel ka so don't fret too much. Just be prepared for hard work and don't expect to any days off on holidays.:(

    Abroad, Singapore minimun is around SGD$1,800 and sa Middle East around P18K-P20K yata. Yeah, mababa sa ME. Sa US, I worked sa FO $10/hr. ako nun plus overtime. Sa cruise ship naman, sa FO ulit, USD$450/mo plus HSC (USD500-700/mo. depending on the rooms revenue) So ok naman sa cruise ship, plus you get to travel the world! Hehe Yun lang, again, be prepared to work 12-14hours per day everyday for 10-12 months. If you're ready for that, a career in the cruise ship may be your ticket to success! :D
  • travel2987 wrote: »
    Hindi naman. Locally, mababa lang sya compared to other industries with easier/lighter jobs and schedule. Not sure kung how much na ang starting salary ngayon eh, maybe around 12-15k/mo? Yung iba, meron namang hotel service charge na additional kung sa hotel ka so don't fret too much. Just be prepared for hard work and don't expect to any days off on holidays.:(

    Abroad, Singapore minimun is around SGD$1,800 and sa Middle East around P18K-P20K yata. Yeah, mababa sa ME. Sa US, I worked sa FO $10/hr. ako nun plus overtime. Sa cruise ship naman, sa FO ulit, USD$450/mo plus HSC (USD500-700/mo. depending on the rooms revenue) So ok naman sa cruise ship, plus you get to travel the world! Hehe Yun lang, again, be prepared to work 12-14hours per day everyday for 10-12 months. If you're ready for that, a career in the cruise ship may be your ticket to success! :D

    Thank you!
  • andyo693 wrote: »
    Thank you fellow Benildeans, below minimum wage po ba ang sweldo both local and abroad?

    Below minimum wage? Eh, iho.. hindi ka ba nag-iisip? kung below minimun wage edi malamang illegal iyon hindi po ba? :eek:

    Well, unless after you graduate ng CSB ang balak mo ay mapabahagi sa underground economy. nasa saiyo yan :rotflmao:
Sign In or Register to comment.