Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

DC comics movies. Where are you?

MrMagalangMrMagalang PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
How come DC comics don't make movies as much as marvel does? If it isn't Superman, it's Batman. Sure Green Lantern is around the corner but how about Wonder Woman(upcoming tv series only), Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Atom, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes, The Outsiders, etc. I know marvel heroes are much more famous but there are so many DC characters out there. Of course Watchmen, The Losers were made but Really? Who wouldn't want an Aquaman movie anyway? And a Justice League movie in the future? Your thoughts guys?

Comments

• imo, mas ok gumawa ang dc pag original animated movies, e.g batman:under the red hood, justice league-crisis on two earths et al.
  • MrMagalangMrMagalang PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yup andami nga nyan. Under the red hood was real good!
  • ^yeah, the best batman animated movie , imo.
  • sigh_hwatalyfsigh_hwatalyf PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hmm good point TS..

Im definitely more of a DC comics boy more than Marvel.. lol

Great idea, id love an AQUAMAN or FLASH movie!!

and even maybe Captain Marvel!! Shazam!
  • Man of Steel will be out next year, and George Miller's Justice League movie possibly the year after that.

But, yes, Warner Brothers' reticence is a little puzzling...
  • mauunahan pa sila ng 'd avengers' :)
  • MrMagalang wrote: »
    How come DC comics don't make movies as much as marvel does? If it isn't Superman, it's Batman. Sure Green Lantern is around the corner but how about Wonder Woman(upcoming tv series only), Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Atom, Firestorm, Captain Atom, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes, The Outsiders, etc. I know marvel heroes are much more famous but there are so many DC characters out there. Of course Watchmen, The Losers were made but Really? Who wouldn't want an Aquaman movie anyway? And a Justice League movie in the future? Your thoughts guys?

Its called liscensing rights, for example Superman WB has to pay DC and then family's of Siegel and Shuster who by the way sold all ther rights back in the 1940's. If anyone can remember Justice League episodes in Smallville they cant use the name Flash or Kid Flash hes just Bart or later on Impulse,Wonder Woman will only be seen in the big screen if there's a JLA movie a solo one goodluck so many tried but failed. Most of DC's characters are way older than Marvel and created by different persons while most of Marvel early characters were created by Stan "The Man" Lee so you deal with mostly with one guy and Marvel with DC its gonna be almost a miracle to put all the big 7 in the big screen for a JLA movie:depressed:
    So true. One way or another I still believe they'll do those movies but not in the foreseeable future. We just have to content ourselves with orig animated movies in the meantime. BTW, did anybody watch the Superman/Batman/Supergirl animated movie incl Wonder Woman? Forgot the title. The fight scenes were good and violent for an animation. Real good!
  • MasterVaderMasterVader PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think DC Entertainment, the recently formed division by WB, already stated that they don't want to follow what Marvel is doing because the success of "The Avengers" is still in doubt. And if "Avengers" do become successful, there is still a huge difference between DC and Marvel setting; DC's stories are more epic in scope, fantastical than Marvel so it would be harder to adapt DC in screen.
    So true. One way or another I still believe they'll do those movies but not in the foreseeable future. We just have to content ourselves with orig animated movies in the meantime. BTW, did anybody watch the Superman/Batman/Supergirl animated movie incl Wonder Woman? Forgot the title. The fight scenes were good and violent for an animation. Real good!

that;s the superman/batman public enemies part II i think.

if you';re a superamn man, i urge you to watch the superman all star. galing din ng istorya
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i prefer a straight-to-dvd movies instead of theatrical release.

if not movies, animated shows like Young Justice is pretty much decent.
    that;s the superman/batman public enemies part II i think.

if you';re a superamn man, i urge you to watch the superman all star. galing din ng istorya

Batman is more my type but I saw superman all star and yes its good.
  • sigh_hwatalyfsigh_hwatalyf PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I think DC Entertainment, the recently formed division by WB, already stated that they don't want to follow what Marvel is doing because the success of "The Avengers" is still in doubt. And if "Avengers" do become successful, there is still a huge difference between DC and Marvel setting; DC's stories are more epic in scope, fantastical than Marvel so it would be harder to adapt DC in screen.

The doubt in success is definitely a viable cause.. But i doubt they dont do it because "DC is more fantastical than Marvel so harder to adapt"..

Nothing is impossible in Hollywood in the 21st Century.. I mean in the 90's the prospect of a transformers movie or a thor movie is just out of this world.. but hey.. here we are.. (didnt like those two btw) lol
    After collecting the complete Blackest Night saga, I was a little dissapointed about the *yawn* GL movie. I wasn't expecting a straight to movie accuracy of events but the GL universe has so much potential. Action and storywise.

I'm also dissapointed that WWoman tv series has been cancelled. A movie perhaps?

Hollywood, how about that Aquaman movie? Or the teen titans movie?
  • Rick_diasRick_dias PEx Rookie ⭐
    Aquaman movie??? di nga po mabenta yung Pilot ng Aquaman na series e...

Teen Titans??? hmmm... Who wants to watch a sidekick movie or teen superheroes???
  • Young Justice is proving to be a good TV series. Perhaps a live action movie would be great.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    what about a Sgt. Rock movie?
    men of easy company? :lol:

well Jonah Hex was a let down for me.
  • JazonEsti wrote: »
    Young Justice is proving to be a good TV series. Perhaps a live action movie would be great.

Nope no sidekicks this movie will nosedive really fast in American release
    After collecting the complete Blackest Night saga, I was a little dissapointed about the *yawn* GL movie. I wasn't expecting a straight to movie accuracy of events but the GL universe has so much potential. Action and storywise.

I'm also dissapointed that WWoman tv series has been cancelled. A movie perhaps?

Hollywood, how about that Aquaman movie? Or the teen titans movie?

why aquaman? wala na nga syang ongoing comics eh big screen pa kaya. teen titans? hmm pwede pero sidekick lang sya sa comics i doubt if theyll make a big screen adaptation

flash i say is a more feasible and interesting prospect
  • mike168 wrote: »
    why aquaman? wala na nga syang ongoing comics eh big screen pa kaya. teen titans? hmm pwede pero sidekick lang sya sa comics i doubt if theyll make a big screen adaptation

flash i say is a more feasible and interesting prospect

yup The Flash movie will be good with today's technology it will be awesome,Teen Titans forget it,the American audience will get irritated with irresponsible,ojt,superheroes.