Home PEx Lifestyle Style and Fashion
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

Group Buying Sites in the Philippines

What group buying websites in the Philippines are you already familiar with? If you have, what suggestions can you give to these group buying websites?

http://500pesodeals.com

Comments

• Almost all I think, LOL, been checking these sites on a daily basis. :rotflmao: (pakyaw, kuponan, twangoo, ensogo, beeconomic, dealgrocer, dealspot, metrodeal, buyanihan, pledjee, yugadeals, dealdozen, cleverbuy, and a whole lot more to mention...)

Advise would be try to give consumers the best possible deal like giving them a really cheap but a great deal so they cant resist it :bashful:.
    As much as possible be consistent in giving good deals that will really awe them.
    Give a deal that is currently the "IN" in the metro.
  • Thanks for sharing your personal experience and suggestions about group buying websites.

We should take note of your suggestion on how to follow the latest trends and IN products/service in the metro. We're offering these soon when we launch on May 13 :)

http://500pesodeals.com
  • saw this a few days ago:

http://groupbuyingpilipinas.blogspot.com

dami nakalagay dun!
  • Share ko lang...

http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/best-list-group-buying-philippines/

Top 5 Group Buying sites in the Philippines

January 31, 2011

Without a doubt, group buying websites have invaded the Philippines. We scoured the Internet and our latest count shows that there are at least 20 active (and legitimate) group buying sites operating in the country.

What is a Group Buying Site?

A Group Buying site banks on the power of “collective buying.” It is a well-accepted fact that individually, people don’t have much bargaining power versus the seller when buying a product or service. When these people unite, however, they can as a group negotiate for lower prices or better deals.

As in the offers of these group buying sites, customers can get discounts of up to 90%. In most cases, too, these deals are exclusively offered through the sites. Anywhere else, these group discounts are not available — not even in the stores themselves.

For example, eBay Kuponan recently offered an 85% discount on a Gold’s Gym package (discounted price: Php2,011; original price: Php13,100).

A 3-days, 2-nights stay at Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa priced at P48,000 was offered to Deal Grocer‘s members for only P25,000.

Buyanihan recently offered a 56% discount from the original overnight rate of P9,010 at Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu.

The power of group buying indeed translates to huge discounts for Filipino users.

We looked at all these sites and the types of deals they offer. The result: our list of the 5 Best Group Buying sites in the country. Judging by the number of Facebook likes they sites have gained compared to the other sites, group buyers in the Philippines seem to agree with our list.

Top 5 Best Group Buying Websites in the Philippines

1. Beeconomic - www.beeconomic.com/philippines
    Facebook likes: 57,000+ (as of June 2011)

Their site claims that they are “A Company of Groupon,” with Groupon being one of the pioneers of group buying in the world. Beeconomic operates in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines. Deals are on after a minimum number of buyers have pledged to buy the product or service, which usually focus on the food, health, beauty and wellness niches. Their association with Groupon and the exclusivity of their offers (for example, Hexagon Lounge at the RCBC Tower and wagyu steak at Melo’s) are some of the reasons why Beeconomic ranks on our Top 5.

2. Buyanihan - www.buyanihan.com
    Facebook likes: 31,000+ (as of June 2011)

Claiming to be the first in the country, Buyanihan is one of the few group buying sites that has an active non-Manila counterpart. Aside from the Manila deals, Buyanihan also has a simultaneous offer for the city of Cebu. I personally have purchased their D’Pond Fishing deal which I’ll use when I visit Cebu next month. Like most group buying sites, their offers are in the food, health, beauty and wellness arenas. They used to have only one deal per week but starting 2011, they are now introducing simultaneous offers. Their first-mover advantage, the presence of an active deals site for Cebu, and the range of offers land them a spot on our Top 5 list.

3. Deal Grocer - www.dealgrocer.com
    Facebook likes: 34,000+ (as of June 2011)

Deal Grocer stands out from the rest of the group buying sites because they focus on the premium line of products and services. Unlike other group buying sites, there is no minimum number of buyers required. Instead, they use a voucher system wherein the deal goes on as soon as the voucher is bought. Deal Grocer is clearly positioning itself as the site that offers “a taste of the good life” — and that is why it has earned its place on our Top 5. Check out, for instance, their latest offers: a private helicopter ride for P15,600 (orig. price: P25,000) and a P4,950 weekend stay at The Farm at San Benito (orig. price: P8,540). Sweet deals, indeed, for the good life.

4. eBay Kuponan - http://kuponan.ebaysocialapps.com
    Facebook likes: 73,000+ (for the whole eBay Philippines site)

They may be late to arrive in the market, but eBay Philippines’ Kuponan is emerging to be a top contender in the local group buying market. Operated by auction site eBay, Kuponan no doubt was a strategic move by eBay to further clinch their hold on the local online buyers’ market. Like the other sites, they require a minimum number of buyers before a deal goes on. Health and wellness are a staple in their offers but they also cater to the men’s segment as seen in their past deals of car body kits and sports watches. With eBay behind the site and the thousands of eBay users as potential sellers, Kuponan will surely rank among the top group buying sites in the country.

5. CashCashPinoy - http://www.cashcashpinoy.com
    Facebook likes: 41,000+ (as of June 2011)

We’ve been transacting with CashCashPinoy since the start but its amateurish site (coupled with its funny and scammy-sounding website name) prevented us from putting it in our Top 5. But with Ensogo being demoted as a problem site (read below) and after a major site overhaul of CashCashPinoy, the latter is now regarded as a professional group buying site. The site’s credibility is enhanced with the “About Us” page mentioning the companies behind the venture. The new site layout also features not just one but a dozen offers from various trusted merchants. CashCashPinoy has truly earned its spot in our Top 5.

PROBLEM SITE: Ensogo - www.ensogo.com.ph

We are demoting Ensogo as a top group buying site because of a problematic incident with them. Read about this problem with Ensogo here. A merchant featured on Ensogo maliciously advertised a service with a 50% discount — when in fact, you can get it cheaper when you directly reserve with them. A month after we complained, they even had the gall to offer only a 50% refund of what we paid. The other 50% we will supposedly get IF AND ONLY IF we remove the blog post. F*ckin’ BS.

Buying vouchers with Ensogo? You’ve been warned. We will also post in a next article other Ensogo clients who experienced problems with the site.

List of other Group Buying Sites in the Philippines
    Twangoo – www.twangoo.com/manila/en/deal
    Local Roam – http://localroam.ph
    Couppie – www.couppie.com
    Deal Spot – www.************
    Groupie – http://groupie.ph
    Metro Deal – www.metrodeal.com
    Crazy Deals – http://crazydeals.ph
    Cuponz – www.cuponz.com
    Melo Deal – www.melodeal.ph
    Mura Ito – http://muraito.com
    Awesome – http://awesome.ph
    Clever Buy – www.cleverbuy.com.ph
    Tipid ‘To – www.tipidto.com
    eTreet – www.etreet.com
    My Shop Mates – www.myshopmates.com
    Pakyaw – http://pakyaw.com.ph

What’s your favorite group buying site?
  • I was really enticed to try on group buying sites' offers since they are offering really cheap and discounted items and the likes but I have doubts on the credibility of the sites and woooalahhh one day,I saw in the news about a certain group buying site who is offering really cheap prices but hey they do not live up to their promises,so the customer complained about it..Too bad..And hey,I just want to show this really cool shopping app recommendations over the past couple of days...I ended up downloading the 'Should I Buy It?' app someone recommended and it is awesome! I was shopping for shoes and was able to quickly share them with my friends to see what they thought of them. Here is the link again to download---> http://bit.ly/sibifm33
  • hi. i want to buy some coupons for services like spa, dental, wart removal, weight loss, etc. My question is, is the quality of service the same for those who are paying regular price and those who are paying through the coupon? thanks
  • pantone #000pantone #000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^This would depend on the merchant. Some do give the same quality of service as they would if one pays for the full price.

But honestly...walang magpapatalong merchant. For example: There's the trend with the IPL laser hair removal. Well as far as the feedback I have read on various sites, what happens is the voucher-holder gets lesser clicks of the IPL machine as compared to full-priced payees. So marami nagsisisi sana full price nalang for better quality of service.
  • sa mga taga BAGUIO you can visit

www.baguiodeals.com

for beauty products like glutathione pills, injectables, derma products, weight loss, sex enhancers etc visit www.magic-potions.com
  • Sign up for FREE @ www.gupo.com.ph and win an amazing BlackBerry Bold 9900! Just register your details through this link: http://www.gupo.com.ph/BlackBerryRaffle.aspx and LIKE our Facebook Page and you instantly get a chance to win this sleek, sexy, slim phone -- no, we mean BlackBerry -- when we get to 50,000 Facebook Likes! photo.php?fbid=425020384198356&set=a.209252125775184.59387.188984297801967&type=3&theater

For more fantastic bargains, exciting promotional events and major awesome prizes, visit http://www.gupo.com.ph
  • hi there! i recently stumble into this website Dealspot most of their deals would be for beauty care, it's a good thing that their selection would actually be accessible to metro manila area... and i tried to look into the sellers and it seems that their actually known in the area...
  • Experience your favorite chocolate candy flavors blended into the luxuriously smooth taste of classic cream cheese and dark chocolate combined. Cradled atop a thin layer of crushed grahams to complement this creative chocolate cheesecake, this mouthwatering specialty cake is lavishly partnered with your choice of Reese's, Mars, Snickers, Milky Way, KitKat, Maltesers, Twix, Hershey’s, Butterfinger or Toblerone chocolate toppings, all for you and your family's utmost enjoyment!

"Chocolate Cheesecakes for ONLY Php 688"

Visit: http://www.gupo.com.ph/Shopping/ChocolateCheesecakes.aspx for complete details
  • www.ilovekb.com

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE HUMAN PLACENTA
    1st Soap in the Philippines with Human Placenta Extract

The placenta has recently been discovered to have natural but potent cell revitalizing qualities. This discovery has caught the attention of the health, wellness and beauty industry.
    In the past few years, the use of placenta for both cosmetic and health reasons have continued to gain popularity as results from the usage of placenta in both topical treatments and supplementation have yielded extraordinarily wonderful results.
    Placental supplementation has been proven to retard ageing, revitalize old looking skin, make the skin look fairer, etc.
    However, most of the placenta supplements that have been circulating in products currently in the market have one dubious distinction. Most of these placenta supplements are either porcine or bovine—placental extracts from pigs, sheep, horses etc.
    Majority of present users of placental supplements are not aware of the fact that their supplements are from animal placental extracts. Most of those surveyed even said that they wouldn’t have started out with the supplementation of placenta if they had known that the placenta extract came from animals.
    At the JBP Research Institute in Japan and Korea, the same institute that is making great advancement in stem cell research, the extraction of human placenta has been perfected. As a matter of fact, JBP is the only authorized and recognized manufacturer of human placenta extract for medicinal and cosmetic use.
    For 72 years, JBP has studied the medicinal and revitalizing properties of human placenta extract with the most advanced technology. The human placenta has been shown to be an excellent aid for liver regeneration, speed up the healing of surgical wounds, prevent cartilage degradation which leads to osteoarthritis, aid in stem cell transportation, halt the progression of vitiligo, regulate menstrual irregularities in women etc.
    As a cosmetic aid, human placenta extract has been shown to be an effective treatment for severe acne. With its rejuvenating properties, human placenta extract has been proven to revitalize the skin making it smoother and younger looking. It has also been shown that human placenta has an 80% more potency than glutathione.
    This technology is now available in the Philippines with the exclusive right given to Asianwhiteskin Korea to distribute Human Placenta Laennec in the Philippines. The first major commercial distribution of the human placenta extract in the Philippines is through KB Gold Premium Soap.
    From the makers of KB GlutaNAC comes, KB GOLD PREMIUM SOAP, the first to incorporate Human Placenta Extract, 99% Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Acid, Soybean Extract, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C Rosehips in one blend. for a fast, safe and effective way to a whiter, smoother, younger looking skin.
    The use of Human Placenta Extract in KB Gold Premium soap, a first in beauty soap technology, assures a far more effective tyrosinase inhibition and cell revitalization which leads to a fairer and younger looking skin. To further enhance the skin whitening qualities of the human placenta extract, KB Soap also has 99% Alpha Arbutin content (in comparison to a mere less than 10% in other brands) and Kojic Acid. The use of Alpha Arbutin is widely recognized in the cosmetic industry as the fastest and safest way to a whiter complexion while Kojic Acid itself is a powerful skin whitening agent.
    Studies show that regular topical use of Soybean Exract delays ageing and promotes a smoother skin. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) has been proven to have powerful healing and hydrating properties, especially on skin tissues while Vitamin C Rosehips has long been used to treat scars and to revitalize the skin giving it a rosy, pinkish glow.
    All these innovations in soap technology truly makes KB Gold Premium Soap a very effective ally to achieve a fairer, smoother and younger looking skin.
    Also available KB GlutaNAC with Vitamin C Rosehips and KB Dermafirm Vitamin C Peeling. For more information please text 09994171091/09223649331 www.ilovekb.com . Available in all Mercury drugs & watsons nationwide.
  • My family like to buy discount cards in hotels so I regularly eat out with them. I recently bought the promo of dealgrocer for market cafe. The beef was so stiff, hindi ko makain, and i could only claim it in the afternoon if saturday. Though it was only 950, almost same price din sa paseo uno.

I inquired din sa laser teeth whitening in one of the promo deals of metrodeal and i find it odd na the merchant did not specify the brand of the gel na gagamitin like opalascence ba or a cheaper kind kaya kunwari mura? When I called to ask, ayaw sabihin. Sometimes I'm thinking if its worth it ba talaga.
  • I purchase from ensogo and cashcashpinoy. So far, ok naman lahat.
    Usually ang mga binibili ko dining lang and products.
    Never pa ang tour at beauty/pampering.
    Kadalasan din yung inoorder ko pag marami nang bumili para in case na
    may palpak, madami kaming magrereklamo. :lol:

Ayokong i-risk ang tour kasi baka pangit ang mapunta sa amin na sked
    at baka madisappoint ako sa accommodation.
    Beauty services naman nakakatakot din kasi iniisip ko siguro mga trainee
    ang magbibigay ng service or baka meron silang itetest na product.
  • 7 of the MANY benefits of using Cloth Pads:

1. Best news first – Women who use cloth pads reportedly have less cramping, AND for some, after a few months of continued use, they have a shorter, much lighter cycle – that alone would be enough to convert me to cloth!

2. Unlike disposable pads, you can order (or make) cloth pads in any color or design you want!

3. Cloth pads are all natural, which means that they are healthier for your own body. You are not wearing a chemical laden pad which tends to cause skin sensitivities and rashes. Most importantly, your body is not absorbing any of those chemicals.

4. Cloth is also better for the environment! Using cloth reduces the amount of non-biodegradable solid waste filling up landfills. There is also less waste formed during manufacturing.

5. Cloth pads are so easy to use and wash! You wear it just like you would a disposable pad. To wash them, you just rinse it when you take it off, then toss it in a bucket till wash day. Then, you can either hand wash in a bucket (or the tub) or just throw them in with your regular laundry. Simple as that!

6.Cloth pads are comfortable and soft. No more sticky, sweaty plastic on your skin. The fabric allows for better airflow, so the pad can breathe and your skin can breathe throughout the day!

7. Last, but definitely not least, cloth pads are so much cheaper. Initially, they cost a bit more per pad, but since you wash and reuse them over and over again, after just a few months, they pay for themselves!

Source: Eco Green Moms

Buy your Cloth Menstrual Pads @ https://www.facebook.com/clothpads
  • Has anyone tried buying authentic bags for sale sa mga group buying sights? Authentic nga ba? O nga class A lang or fake? Advance Thanks sa makakasagot sa akin.
  • ground_breakground_break PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I'm a fan of group buying sites.

I used deal grocer, beeconomic/groupon, metrodeal and cash cash pinoy...