Home PEx Sports UAAP - Basketball
Ho-Ho-Hope you have a holly jolly holidays, PExers! 🎅

UST Growling Tigers

Comments

• This debacle is already expected. Ateneo is too strong, disciplined and well coached compared to us not to mentioned taller than us. Partuda wala pa ata si Black nyan.

Umaasa pa kasi kayo na magbabago si Pido at you are putting too much hope to abdul and ferrer. Kailangan muna nating baguhin yung bball program pati na yung coach para maging competitive tayo. Magising na kayo sa katotohanan na wala tayong patutunguhan kay Pido. He is just plain stubborn and you cant teach old dogs new tricks.
  • tawkytawny wrote: »
    This debacle is already expected. Ateneo is too strong, disciplined and well coached compared to us not to mentioned taller than us. Partuda wala pa ata si Black nyan.

Umaasa pa kasi kayo na magbabago si Pido at you are putting too much hope to abdul and ferrer. Kailangan muna nating baguhin yung bball program pati na yung coach para maging competitive tayo. Magising na kayo sa katotohanan na wala tayong patutunguhan kay Pido. He is just plain stubborn and you cant teach old dogs new tricks.

*okay**okay**okay* I think there would be other decent coaches who are UST alumnus if the school prefers it that way that they can tap for this position. I am a big ginebra fan and I still think you can bring back Bal David to the philippines and try his luck with UST first as his stepping stone back to philippine basketball.

I am not sure where I read it but I think he is also partly coaching in the US now and he might not be as good a coach now but at least you get new blood that can inspire the whole school as a whole and change the current basketball program as well.
  • ustfyt!ustfyt! Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    ustfyt, naglaro ba si Marata?

Nope di siya pinasok
  • bagtitako wrote: »
    I think there would be other decent coaches who are UST alumnus if the school prefers it that way that they can tap for this position.

Para sakin, dibale nang hindi alumni basta magaling mag-coach at maraming connection pagdating sa recruitment.
  • AIRBALL?!?! :(

Off-game lang yun, it happens to the best of them. Next time, eto na makikita niyo :wow: THREE GOGGLES :wow:

I think they should play RT as an off-guard talaga. Since mahilig naman si Pido maglaro ng 2 point guards at the same time. Let Fortuna be the main "PG"/playmaker so to speak, and let RT be the off-guard. Take advantage of his unlimited range..

6th man nalang si Bautista, tapos same banana, same play. Para may scoring punch sa bench, tapos same recipe yung back court play.

And please let The Dream dominate insideeeeeeeee. More touches please. Pick and Roll game between Karim and RT = MUST SEE TV.
    This debacle is already expected.

Let's give Pido and the team a little credit. Hindi man tayo nanalo, but according to what I've read about last night's game, we only lost the match in the 3rd quarter.
    you are putting too much hope to abdul and ferrer

Speaking only on behalf of myself, I'm just happy that we finally have a low post presence and one of our home grown blue chippers decided to stay home.
  • The last time I heard the game was played in 4quarters.
  • ^so you are happy na di tayo makapasok sa F4? okay lang basta nasa atin si Ferrer at me low post threat tayo? Wag mong sisihin si Pido ha pag di tayo nakapasok ng F4.
  • LeBroom wrote: »
    AIRBALL?!?! :(

Off-game lang yun, it happens to the best of them. Next time, eto na makikita niyo :wow: THREE GOGGLES :wow:

I think they should play RT as an off-guard talaga. Since mahilig naman si Pido maglaro ng 2 point guards at the same time. Let Fortuna be the main "PG"/playmaker so to speak, and let RT be the off-guard. Take advantage of his unlimited range..

6th man nalang si Bautista, tapos same banana, same play. Para may scoring punch sa bench, tapos same recipe yung back court play.

And please let The Dream dominate insideeeeeeeee. More touches please. Pick and Roll game between Karim and RT = MUST SEE TV.

karamihan ng shots niya airball.

naawa ako kay KF :(
  • karamihan ng shots niya airball.

naawa ako kay KF :(

Baka na pressure din... Maybe thinking too much or trying to do too much. Ateneo kasi kalaban eh, diyan siya galing before. :lol:
    Baka na pressure din... Maybe thinking too much or trying to do too much. Ateneo kasi kalaban eh, diyan siya galing before. :lol:

sobrang sakit nung *muntik* na slam dunk niya :(
    The last time I heard the game was played in 4quarters.

I know right? :naughty: I said we lost the game in the third quarter. Doon tayo nabaon. Hindi naman tayo binasura for 40 minutes e.
    tawkytawny wrote: »
    ^so you are happy na di tayo makapasok sa F4? okay lang basta nasa atin si Ferrer at me low post threat tayo? Wag mong sisihin si Pido ha pag di tayo nakapasok ng F4.

1) No. I always expect a championship.

2) Masaya ako na may KF at Abdul tayo. Hindi ko sinasabi na hanggang doon lang ang expectations ko for this year :naughty:

3) Too late for that.
    I have mixed feelings regarding this matter. I want a championship in our Quadricentennial year. However I think Pido has already overstayed his welcome. Haaay :(
    sobrang sakit nung *muntik* na slam dunk niya :(

Muntik na dunk? Si Ferrer o Robin Tan? :eek:

• Muntik na dunk? Si Ferrer o Robin Tan? :eek:

Ferrer, dunk sana kaso sa rim tumama yung bola! sana nag lay up na lang. *TO pa ata ni KR yun?* Ang nangyari eh, pinagtawanan siya ng Ateneo crowd. :(
  • Ferrer, dunk sana kaso sa rim tumama yung bola! sana nag lay up na lang. *TO pa ata ni KR yun?* Ang nangyari eh, pinagtawanan siya ng Ateneo crowd. :(

Sayang. Oh well, bitter lang mga yan at di nila nasulot si KF. Dibale sa next time maglaban ang dalawang team na to, may paghuhugutan si KF :naughty:
  • Sayang. Oh well, bitter lang mga yan at di nila nasulot si KF. Dibale sa next time maglaban ang dalawang team na to, may paghuhugutan si KF :naughty:

kaya niya yan! :) at next time pipilitin ko manuod ng game ang GF niya para mat inspiration siya :rotflmao:
  • @almost-here is right. I also want the Tigers to win this season to make the Quadricentennial celebration sweeter, but at the same time, I wish that Pido will step down/be fired after the season.

That game against Ateneo was ugly. Ferrer and Abdul wasn't that much effective. Couple that with the low output of Teng, Bau8tista, and Fortuna and we will really see a dismal performance from the Tigers.

I just wish Pido stops concentrating too much on shooting. Last year was acceptable, with the team mainly composed of guards. But now, we have a formidable big men rotation WHO CAN SCORE with Afuang, Ferrer, and Abdul.

Abdul is capable of giving a consistent 20-20 performance if he's given the right plays. Wag kasi puro three points. Make post plays for Karim and let him do his thing. Ferrer and Afuang can give UST points too given the right play.

Hay, Pido.... :depressed: :(
  • ^

I agree. Has Pido ever heard of the Pick and Roll? They should take advantage of Karim... run the pick and roll with him and Fortuna/RT. Both Fortuna and RT has a great 3 point shot, so why not run the P n R, and fall back on the 3 POINT SHOOTING when it doesn't materialize? Instead of seeing Bautista jack up 3 point shots just for the hell of it.

They have to take smart shots, and shots within the offense. Well, seems like we don't have a legit offensive system anyway. Passing the ball to the full circle of the 3 point arc isn't a damn system.
    ^

I agree. Has Pido ever heard of the Pick and Roll? They should take advantage of Karim... run the pick and roll with him and Fortuna/RT. Both Fortuna and RT has a great 3 point shot, so why not run the P n R, and fall back on the 3 POINT SHOOTING when it doesn't materialize? Instead of seeing Bautista jack up 3 point shots just for the hell of it.

They have to take smart shots, and shots within the offense. Well, seems like we don't have a legit offensive system anyway. Passing the ball to the full circle of the 3 point arc isn't a damn system.

At least they are passing the ball daw. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Karim and Fortuna could make a good pick-and-roll tandem (jsut like Amar'e and Raymond before, right? :D ). Karim's a decent post player (okay, he's just using his strength down low) while JFort is an above average three point shooter (I can say, more accurate than Tata).

Abdul's post presence can attract double teams. If he can learn how to pass the ball when he needs to, that's where our team's strength, which is we have a battalion of shooters, can be used effectively.
  • I can imagine the PnR working well not just with Abdul, but also Camus, Afuang and Ferrer. Unlike in S72, we actually have players who can score inside now.
  • 228370_211790882174141_107361149283782_808803_4950277_n.jpg

From FilOil Flying V's FB