Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

just passed IT-GDD but i have a Question

when i have read the college prospectus i saw that BS-IT-GDD grads can also work on IT industries...
if it is true as what??
was it like your a grad from a plain old IT or not??

i just want to clear this before deciding because it will serve as my back up plan if i can't find a game prog job *okay*

Comments

• xynoj007 wrote: »
    when i have read the college prospectus i saw that BS-IT-GDD grads can also work on IT industries...
    if it is true as what??

i just want to clear this before deciding because it will serve as my back up plan if i can't find a game prog job *okay*

yes they can, the GDD curriculum has topics about C++ and data structures. in order to advance in learning game programming you must learn the basic/intermediate C++ (used also in other IT companies). so i don't see why GDD grads can't work in an IT company. like they say, not all good programmers can be good GAME programmers. :)

although some other courses have the advantage because of versatility knowing they can have multiple computer languages in their curriculum such as PHP, Java, Assembly, etc. but you can learn them anyway either from self-study or enroll for a short course.

bottomline, if you really into gaming, your best bet is to enroll in GDD because in the degree, they have the most in-depth training in terms of making a game. there's so many game companies these days in the Philippines and i bet when you graduate, even more game companies will be established. good luck in your decision. *okay*
  • xynoj007 wrote: »
    if it is true as what??

Spark already answered the question hehe. Anyhow, there will be a lot of opportunities for Game Developers in the Philippines... the only thing stopping the growth is the lack of people who actually do make games. Probably by the time you graduate there will be more game studios here in the Philippines... so more opportunities. :)
  • Thanks Spark and GamerProf !!
    i really really like what you two said
  • Hey Guys can you differentiate regular IT from IT-GDD?? :confused:
    what are there pro's and con's ??
    because i am having a hard time deciding:(
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^There's another IT-GDD thread that actually answered your question. You can check it out over there. Just think of GDD as IT with an edge.
  • Pros of regular IT

- versatility (software and hardware)
    - easy to land a job

Pros of IT-GDD

- good for indie game creators (if you're really good, you can make a really cool game and sell it and earn big bucks)
    - i think it has an advantage when you apply in a game company. i don't want to further explain this, it's self-explanatory.
    - it's versatile in a sense that you can be a game programmer, game artist, game producer, game designer, game QA, etc.

i don't have cons since they're both good course and IT related jobs are in demand these days, so choose whatever you desire the most and always have perseverance to succeed.