Notes from the Moderator

Seminar announcement threads started by members, job recruiting, insurance proposals, credit card application solicitations, and similar topics, are considered ADS and do not belong here. We have a separate section for such threads: Classifieds.

This section is reserved for threads which encourage DISCUSSION. Ad threads created in this section will henceforth be deleted without notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Comments

• KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    If you have something useful to say, say it once, and once only. Help save your readers' time and host's bandwidth.

If you post the same message in more than one thread, you are spamming and you will be banned.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  • noics02bnoics02b Member PExer
    Sometimes I find it annoying when some bloggers just advertise their blogs on threads. They don't actually participate in the discussions, just like bots mechanically posting snippets to every other forum available. Don't they count as ADS too? :)

No problem if they have created their own thread. They can spam away, I don't care, at least I have a choice not to read them.
  • SuperOnyxSuperOnyx Member ✭✭✭
    I'm with noics02b. Some bloggers are really annoying, most of them only pretending to join a discussion but in the end ang agenda lang ay i-promote ang kanilang blog. Ang cheap at ang pathetic ng style. I hope this practice would be banned in PEx, too.
    If you can recognize their style and read their motives, good for you. Sure we can ban the practice, but there are more offenders than there are enforcers. Our work will never get done.

The better way is to ignore them. Do not visit their sites. Conduct your discourse only with people who reply to you decently in the forum of your choice. If they are truly dedicated to improving the financial literacy of PExers, they should be willing to discuss the issues here.
    [highlight]Attention: Bo Sanchez/Truly Rich Club Members[/highlight]

Thanks for "participating" in the PEx forums.

If your primary purpose in doing so is to attract traffic to your website and recruit members to your club, I do not appreciate your tactics.

We believe in give and take. If you must take something (like our readers), be sure to give something (like your knowledge) in return. It is the decent thing to do.
  • bankerIIbankerII Member
    Kuya Danny,
    *okay*

btw, guess who is laughing all the way to the bank?
    :naughty:
  • Mrs RMrs R Member PExer
    The way it works, I found out is, when you join the club as a "recruit" of an existing member, that member gets a 20% commission on your membership fee, and earn 5% off your own recruits.
  • foobarphfoobarph foobar.ph Chief ✭✭
    seems like a multi level marketing scheme. hmmm
  • ArchimedesArchimedes B?nned by ?dmin ✭✭✭
    Hindi ba meron silang pay-per click commission sa website nila? Like if you click on their link, may corresponding member id ang click mo
    Some members send me private messages asking me for advice. I may choose not to reply to them. If you don't get a reply, do not feel bad. It means that I think the questions you asked are best discussed in the open, among the general membership, in the forums. Do not be shy.

You see, my job as moderator is to facilitate the healthy growth of the community through productive discussion. Sometimes, if I reply to PMs, I take traffic away from open discussions, and I would not be achieving my objectives.

I encourage everyone to make a habit of discussing things in the forums, rather than via PMs. That is the nature of public forums. People whom you do not necessarily know might have better answers than people you do.
  • bankerIIbankerII Member
    three things:
    1. I do reply to PMs since there are things best discussed privately;
    2. I dont want to advertise our site here. :D
    3. Wise men open their mouth because they have something to say;
    Others open their mouth because they have to say something.
    :lol:
    Effective immediately, posts which contain hyperlinks to Bo Sanchez recruiting sites, no matter what thread they're posted in, will be moved to the Truly Rich Club thread.

If that results in the Truly Rich Club thread losing focus, then that's the result. ;)
  • skyrainphskyrainph Member PExer
    Sir Danny, its been a while since I've posted here.:) Eid Mubarak!
    bl7pv.jpg
  • gresgleangresglean Member PExer
    @kuya danny- kailan nyo po ibabalik ang rcbc thread? :love:
  • Ducati_DiavelDucati_Diavel PEX Big Boss PExer
    Happy New Year.
  • pisomatterspisomatters Member PExer
    Hi, KuyaDanny! Can we create a sub-forum for credit cards and stocks-related threads? I believe, in that way, the Personal Investing and Money Management (PIMM) forum will be more organized and user friendly. I think PIMM is slowly evolving into a credit card or stocks trading forum, and is veering away from what I believe is its original concept-- Personal Money Management.

This is just my suggestion. Thanks for reading it! =)
    Kuya Danny,

Mas maganda siguro kung may sariling thread ang credit and debit cards let's call it:

A. Credit Card Management (Sub Topics For)

1. Secured Credit Card
    A. BPI Secured Credit Card
    B. Etc.

2. UnSecured Credit Card
    A. BPI Credit Card
    B. Etc.

B. Debit Card Management (Sub Topics For)
    1. BPI Debit Card
    2. BPO Debit Card
    3. Etc.

C. Personal Investing and Money Management (Sub Topics For)
    1. Savings Account
    2. Checking Account
    3.UITFs
    4. Mutual Funds
    5.Philippine Stock Market
    6. Bonds
    7. Life Insurance
    8. Car Insurance
    9. and other investment securities?

This is my own suggestion lang magulo na kasi, and I believe PEX is evolving into a much bigger topics/threads.

Ang drawback lang na nakikita ko kung ma-implement man ito, is dadami ang topics/threads na monitor ng moderators.
  • jom81jom81 Member PExer
    ^ Mas naguluhan ako nung gumawa ka ng sandamakmak na thread na ikaw din ang laging nag uupdate.

Sorry hindi ko mapigilan na mag comment. Opinion ko lang po ito. Wala sanang magalit.
    Happy Easter Sunday . . . :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file