FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

TIKTIK: THE ASWANG CHRONICLES Starring Dingdong Dantes and Lovi Poe

kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter ✭✭✭
scoopbox: Dingdong Dantes will lead the cast of Aswang Chronicles, a horror-adventure movie written and directed by Erik Matti. This will mark the return of Joey Marquez on the big screen. about 1 day ago

Comments

• kyupaybkyupayb Objective Threadstarter ✭✭✭
    Lights, Camera... Revolver!
    FUNFARE By Ricardo F. Lo The Philippine Star Updated March 14, 2011 12:00 AM 0 comment to this post

The in-house directors of Revolver Studios and Reality Entertainment stand out in living color in this picture with ‘behind bars’ as motif, from left: Toppel Lee, Jerrold Tarog, AF Benaza, Larry Ang, Borgy Torre, and Jun de Leon; and (seated, also from left) Erik Matti and Joel Limchoc

Zoom To quote a cliché, the son also rises. In fact, he has been rising but he’s so self-effacing that hardly anybody notices, except his mom, Regal Matriarch “Mother” Lily Monteverde. The son: Dondon Monteverde, executive producer and managing partner of Revolver Studios and Reality Entertainment, who brings into the job decades of experience in both TV and movie production, plus of course “trade secrets” he inherited from his mother.

These past three years, Revolver Studios has been producing and creating quality commercials hand-in-hand with top advertising agencies in the country. The company targets not only local but also foreign audiences by joining international film festivals.

The elite list of Revolver’s commercial directors includes AF Benaza, Joel Limchoc, Topel Lee and Erik Matti.

“As you can see,” Dondon told Funfare, “those who energize our companies are young blood.” And that’s good for the industry.

Reality Entertainment is a feature-film production house that co-produces and line produces projects with other companies. Among its projects are the blockbuster horror flick Pasiyam and the Bong Revilla Metro Filmfest starrer Exodus (which Reality co-produced). In the can are Carnivore, Rock en Roll and Patayin sa Sindak si Shokot.

Jun de Leon, Toppel Lee, Borgy Torre and AF Benaza “Reality has more projects lined up,” revealed Dondon. “One is OJT, an action thriller which we co-produce with Piolo Pascual; [highlight]The Aswang Chronicles, a horror thriller, with Dingdong (Dantes) as co-producer intended for this year’s Metro Filmfest;[/highlight] and a Vhong Navarro movie with Star Cinema as co-producer, that will be shot entirely in China. We have more co-production ventures, some with Viva Entertainment and some with Regal Entertainment.”

Besides directing, Erik Matti and AF Benaza also act as Dondon’s co-managers.

Erik was the director of Pasiyam, Scorpio Nights 2, Mano Po 2: My Home, Gagamboy and Exodus.

AF graduated with honors from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. He has built an impeccable reputation as the director of choice by some of Philippine’s biggest brands. He started directing at the age of 21.

The Revolver and Reality in-house directors are:

Joel Limchoc, Jerrold Tarog, Larry Ang and Peter Collias, ‘scenic artist’ • Jun de Leon is the country’s foremost celebrity photographer. With the click of his camera, he has transformed the entire industries, setting new standards in fashion, advertising, beauty and entertainment.

• Topel Lee started in advertising and is now one of the country’s most successful young feature film directors. He is noted especially for some blockbuster horror films like the Shake, Rattle & Roll series, Ouija, Sundo and White House. He continues his groundbreaking work in telenovelas for major networks. He is also a gold winner in the Philippine Advertising Congress Araw Awards.

• Joel Limchoc used to work for an advertising agency. Recognized as one of Asia’s “top creative” by Media Magazine and ranked No. 2 in the country by Campaign Brief Asia, Joel has won awards from international shows. In 2009, he also became the youngest ever inductee into the Creative Guild’s Hall of Fame.

• From being a seasoned art director, Richard Somes shifted careers to become a production designer and later a film director. With his unparalleled passion and creativity, Richard has won various awards in both filmmaking and production design from Cinema One Originals, Star Awards, Gawad Awards, Metro Filmfest, **** Awards and Maria Clara Awards.

• Borgy Torre is a film editor and short film director who has worked with Matti, Lee and Somes. He has won awards both internationally and locally, one of them for Best Asian Film for Bonsai at the Short Shorts Film Festival in Tokyo. He has brought home trophies from Crystal Piyaya Awards, Cinema One Originals and Cinemalaya Film Festival.

Erik Matti and Richard Somes • Peter Collias has been involved in the international film industry for over 30 years. He has worked as head scenic artist in numerous Hollywood films, among them 10,000 B.C., The Matrix, Moulin Rouge, Peter Pan, Ghost Rider and The Thin Red Line. He has been based in the Philippines for over two years now and has been doing production design for major advertising agencies and a leading TV network.

• Jerrold Tarog, the newest member of the group, won the Best ASEAN Film/Digital Movie of the Year for his movie Confessional in 2008. He has also won awards for his short films (Faculty in 2010, among them) and documentaries (Manoro, 2006, etc.). His latest work is the indie Senior Year.

• Larry Ang is a fight director who honed his skills doing films in China and Hong Kong. He has done numerous action feature films in the Philippines as well.
    DINGDONG DANTES, MAY ‘BAGO’ SA KANYANG CAREER!
    1,258 views | March 17 | Posted by Mell T. Navarro |

MAY MOVIE OFFER ang bagong tatag na Revolver Studios ni Dondon Monteverde at managing partners nito na sina directors Erik Matti and AF Benaza sa premiere actor na si Dingdong Dantes.

Ito ay isang action-horror-adventure entitled Aswang Chronicles, isang bago sa career ni Dingdong dahil lately ay pawang sa mga romantic comedy natin siya napapanood, with his movie last year (2010) na You To Me Are Everything with Marian Rivera, then, kasama rin siya sa Kimmy Dora na isang all-out comedy naman, released noong 2009.

Ngayong 2011, kung magkakasaraduhan ang manager ni Dong na si Perry Lansigan at ang grupo ni Dondon, may bagong aabangang pelikula ang fans ng GMA-7 hunk.

Si Direk Erik Matti rin ang siyang magdidirek ng Aswang Chronicles at first time nina Dong at Direk Erik to work together, kung hindi kami nagkakamali.

Mga 4-5 years ring nag-concentrate sa pagggawa ng TV co-mmercials si Direk Erik, at ngayong 2011 nga’y may grand comeback ito in doing films. Si Dondon naman ay anak ng Regal Films matriarch Mother Lily Monteverde, kaya bonggacious ang nakikita naming pag-”bulaga” ng bagong film outfit sa industriya.

Sa Aswang Chronicles, gaganap si Dingdong sa isang offbeat role na lasenggero na eventually ay magi-ging “hero” sa kuwento. Makakasama niya dito si Joey Marquez. Hinahanapan pa ng babaeng gaganap bilang asawa ni Dong sa pelikula.

Natatandaan naming sagot ni Dong sa idea kung bakit hindi sumubok na gumawa ng makabuluhan o magandang indie film, with the description na ang isang “indie” ay hindi gawa o produced ng isang major film outfit, ang sagot nito’y dapat daw ay ‘yung malaki pa rin in terms of concept.

May isa pang in the can film si Dingdong, ang Dance of the Steel Bars with international actor Patrick Bergin. Nasimulan na ito last year, pero may ilang scenes pang kukunan back in Cebu, kunsaan nag-shoot si Dong with the Cebu inmates, directed by Cesar Apolinario and Marnie Manicad. Kasama naman niya dito sina Ricky Davao, Joey Paras, Kathleen Hermosa, Mon Confiado, among others.

Sa ngayon ay abala lang ang aktor sa taping ng I Heart You Pare with Regine Velasquez ng GMA-7 kung kaya’t bago namang “treat” ni Dong sa kanyang mga tagahanga ang isang action-horror-adventure na pelikula, ang Aswang Chronicles.
    Dingdong proud of topless Marian
    Published : Sunday, May 22, 2011 00:00 Article Views : 6 Written by : Mario Bautista

*snipped

Since “I Heart You Pare” is ending this Friday, what’s in store for him? “I’m hosting a new reality show, ‘The Protegee’, but later this year pa. It’s big and so different kaya pinaghahandaan talagang mabuti. [HIGHLIGHT]I’d focus muna on movies. I’ll start ‘Aswang’ with Lovi Poe for Direk Erik Matti. Next year pa ang showing nito but we’ll shoot most of the scenes now kasi maraming computer generated special effects that will be used in it. [/HIGHLIGHT]Then I’m resuming the dance movie with the Cebu inmates I’m doing with Direk Cesar Apolinario, ‘Dance of the Steel Bars’. Also, I have a filmfest entry with Kris Aquino which is now being finalized, a horror film.”
  • ipopiipopi Member ✭✭✭✭
    PEP Scoopbox (June 19, 2011): First shooting day ng Aswang sa FTI Taguig kahapon. Nandun ang main cast na sila Dingdong Dantes, Lovi Poe, Janice de Belen, at Joey de Leon. Si Erik Matti ang director ng pelikulang co-producer niya sina Dingdong at Dondon Monteverde.
    Erik Matti on directing Dingdong Dantes as "charming bad boy" in comedy-horror-adventure flick

Mell T. Navarro

Saturday, July 30, 2011
    11:57 AM

Rating
    [Rate as 1] [Rate as 2] [Rate as 3] [Rate as 4] [Rate as 5]

Bookmark and Share

Kasalukuyang ginagawa ng premyadong aktor na si Dingdong Dantes ang bago nitong pelikula with Lovi Poe, ang The Aswang Chronicles kunsaan nasa cast din sina Joey Marquez, ang komedyanteng si Ramon Bautista, at si Roi Vinzon as kontrabida.

Ito ay mula sa direksiyon ni Erik Matti, na limang taon ding nagpahinga sa paggawa ng movies at nag-concentrate muna sa pagdidirek ng TV commercials.

Ang last film ni Direk Erik ay Exodus nuong 2006 na pinagbidahan ni Sen. Bong Revilla.

Sa The Aswang Chronicles, co-producer si Dingdong ng Reality Entertainment nina Dondon Monteverde at Direk Erik. Agostodos Pictures, Inc. naman ang pangalan ng bagong film outfit ni Dingdong na first time mag-venture into film production.

Ito ay bukod pa sa horror Metro Manila Film Festival 2011 entry ni Dingdong with Kris Aquino, ang Segunda Mano, na ididirek naman ni Joyce Bernal, produced by Star Cinema, Agostodos Pictures, Inc., at Cine Media—ang film production nina Kris at manager nitong si Deo Endrinal.

NOT SERIOUS HORROR FLICK. Sa pakikipanayam ng PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal) kay Direk Erik Matti kamakailan, kinumusta namin ang "history" kung papaano nabuo o na-conceptualize ang project nila ni Dindong na The Aswang Chronicles.

"Well, we had a script, and then pinakita lang namin kay Dingdong, and gusto niyang gawin. So we decided to co-produce, I wrote the script," masayang simula ni Direk Erik.

"Story and screenplay ko. Puro CG, puro siya computer graphics, e, kaya medyo madugo."

Ayon kay Direk Erik, hindi serious horror flick ang pelikula kundi isang fun movie.

"Fun movie ito, hindi siya serious," aniya.

"Fun, adventure, action. Parang gano'n... Hindi siya seryoso."

Paano niya nasimulan ang concept ng pelikula? Matagal na ba ito sa kanyang "baul" pero ngayon lang nag-materialize na gawin?

"Matagal na naming gustong gumawa ng aswang movie. Nag-uusap kami ni Dondon Monteverde, we're partners sa advertising at sa Reality nga.

"Nung nag-uusap kami, sabi ko, 'If we're gonna do an aswang movie, dapat, me bago naman kaming dapat ipasok about aswang.' Ayun, that's how it came about.

"Ayaw din namin na parang maging super serious na horror. Gusto namin, fun movie.

"We have Joey Marquez, si Lovi Poe, si Ramon Bautista who's a comedian, si Roi Vinzon who's the male kontrabida."

THE STORY. Ano ang kuwento ng The Aswang Chronicles?

"The story is, Dingdong is a good-for-nothing boyfriend na nabuntis si Lovi.

"Sa opening ng movie, susunduin niya si Lovi sa probinsya kasi may kalokohan siyang ginawa. Iniwan siya. Nalasing siya, so may hangover siya.

"Sinundo niya si Lovi. E, never pa siyang pumunta sa bahay nung girlfriend niya.

"Then na-realize niya, kaya pala umuwi din yung babae, kasi birthday nito the next day. So, yun, magpakitang-gilas si Dingdong sa tatay ni Lovi [played by Joey Marquez] at sa nanay, he offered to buy a pig, pang-lechon.

"So, bumili siya ng baboy. Binarat-barat niya. Binastos niya yung nagbebenta, kasi actually yung pera niya sa wallet ay magkano lang.

"Only to find out that night na yung pig turns into aswang! And then, the whole family of the aswang was waiting outside of the house kasi kakainin nila yung buntis na si Lovi.

"Yun lang. That's how the whole story evolved. And then siyempre, habulan sila, trying to prove himself, kasi siya lahat ang nagdala ng gulo, instead na siya pa yung tumulong sa family, kay Lovi.

"So, parang he has to turn things around in his favor, parang kailangan niyang i-prove ang sarili niya not just kay Lovi kundi pati sa buong pamilya niya. Kasi, siya yung nanggulo, di ba?" kuwento ni Direk.

Anong makikitang bago sa pelikula kay Dingdong?

"I think, of course, he's doing an action character here, at the same time we're gonna see a charming bad boy image ni Dingdong in a funny way."

Deglamorized ba ang character niya o good looking pa rin?

"No," aniya. "Magulo. Madungis. Lasing nga siya sa opening ng movie, di ba?"

PARTNERSHIP. Paano nagsimula ang partnership nila ni Dondon Monterverde, na incidentally ay anak ni Mother Lily Monteverde of Regal, at talent manager nina Mark Anthony Fernandez, Aubrey Miles, etc.?

"Well, it was Dondon talaga. Reality Entertainment is the film arm of Revolver Productions, which is our advertising company. Magkaiba silang companies."

Hanggang sa in-offer na nila ito kay Kapuso actor, o meron na talaga silang casting for the lead role, at nasa isip nila si Dong?

"I was already writing it [the script] noon, and I finished it last October 2010.

"Then sila ni Dondon [and Dingdong], they talked January or February 2011."

Ginawa ba niya ang original script base sa sarili niyang isip, o base ito sa libro, novel, or anumang printed material?

"Hindi e. It's original," aniya.

"I didn't have any role, any character, actor in mind because nung pinag-usapan namin ni Dondon, before pa pumasok si Dingdong.

"Gagawin sana naming maliit na maliit na movie lang. Of course, everything has changed now because we're shooting the movie in the studio. Even exteriors, studio kami.

"Chroma lahat 'to. As in pinapapagawa namin lahat 'to. Yung sky namin, idye-generate namin, CG, kaya lumaki ang budget."

How did he go about the casting tulad nina Lovi, Joey, Roi, etc?

"Well, umupo kami. And then, every now and then, si Dingdong, Dondon, and me sat down..."

DINGDONG DANTES. Bakit si Dingdong ang napili nila for the lead character?

"Nag-timing lang," sabi ni Direk.

"Ganito yun. E, di isinabmit ko yung script. And then si Dondon, kami pa lang muna. Si Dingdong, wala pa. Wala pa kaming maisip-isip muna.

"Tapos, sabi ni Dondon, 'Ang ganda ng script! Sino kaya ang bida natin para dito?'

"Sabi ko, 'Don, wala pa nga e. Sige, isip na lang tayo.'

"Then, nag-partner si Dingdong at Dondon sa Gustavus [restaurant] sa Makati. So, nag-dinner sila.

"Pagkakita ni Don ke Dingdong sabi niya, 'Dong, gusto mo ba gumawa ng action na aswang movie?'

"Sabi ni Dong, 'Puwede, pwede. Tingnan natin... Bakit?'

"Sabi niya [Dondon], 'Me papadala akong materyal, tingnan mo lang kung mata-taypan mo.'

"So, usap kami ni Dondon. Sabi ko, 'Okey ba sa 'yo, Dingdong? Dapat, larger than life, heroic...'

"Pero yun na yung last namin na usapan. Nung pumasok na yung Dingdong na name, sabi ko, 'Dong, hindi na pwedeng indie 'yan...'

"Gusto sana namin noong una, indie [ang production]. Gusto namin sana to do it ng mga two million, three million pesos ang budget."

Hanggang sa nagkasundo na ang mga kampo nina Dondonm Direk Erik and Dingdong upang mag-merge to co-produce the movie, na early next year pa nakatakdang ipalabas sa mga sinehan.

"Less than a week, tumawag na si Dingdong, 'Game na ko dito! Blah-blah. Kelan tayo magmi-meet?' sabi niya.

"E, me mga nagawa na kaming mga preparations, mga look, mga gano'n-gano'n. So pag-upo namin, unang upo pinakita na namin, 'Dingdong, this is a hologram...'

So, ang dapat sana'y "indie budget" at lumaki?

"Ang indie budget ay lumaki with Dingdong on board. We now wanted to be a through and through mainstream talaga. I mean, we wanted to... co-producer din siya, pinasok na rin niya..."

"We're shooting [this] film first [susunod yung film niya with] Kris... We're gonna need at least five months of CG...

"Ang computer graphics namin, hindi siya yung parang may ilang segundo na effects lang.

"Ito, mula simula, lahat ng exterior namin, dadagdagan namin ng kalsada yung maigsing kalsada kasi lahat isu-shoot sa loob ng studio, e."

Mahirap bang gawin ang pelikula kung outdoor ang location?

"Hindi,iniisip namin... Nag-compare kami... Actually, we did the side by side ng budget, [gagastos] lamang lang sa studio ng 200 thousand pesos.

"So, pag inisip mo, mas convenient sa studio. Makokontrol mo. Yung walang ulan. Pag gusto mong gabi, pwede mong pagabihin. Pag gusto mong day, pwede mong i-day," lahad ni Direk.

Bagay naman iyon sa concept nung pelikula?

"Oo, puwede, bagay. Di ba kasi fantasy? Comedy pa na me aswang."

So, hindi ito the typical aswang horror flick na karaniwan na "formula" nang pelikula na napapanood sa pelikulang Pilipino mula noon hanggang ngayon?

"Yeah, that's why, I think that's part of the selling also, to make it different, you come up with something that looks quite [different], pero at the same time, Pinoy pa rin.

"Ayaw naman naming parang Hollywood na, baka di maka-relate ang mga Pinoy. Ito, Pinoy na Pinoy pa rin," sabi ni Direk Erik.

Nakatakda ring gumawa ng pelikula si Direk Erik soon with Piolo Pascual, meron ding with Phoemela Baranda, among others.
  • ipopiipopi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Phil. Entertainment Portal, Aug. 4, 2011

http://www.pep.ph/news/30480/Lovi-Poe-not-worried-about-Marian-Rivera's-reaction-to-her-pairing-with-Dingdong-Dantes

a61453cd7.jpg

photo by Noel Orsal

Lovi Poe not worried about Marian Rivera's reaction to her pairing with Dingdong Dantes
    by Ruben Marasigan

Patuloy na sinusuwerte sa kanyang career ngayon si Lovi Poe. Kaliwa't kanan ang kanyang projects hindi lang sa TV kundi maging pelikula man.

After Temptation Island na kapapalabas pa lang, meron pa siyang My Neighbor's Wife, and then tinatapos din niya sa kasalukuyan ang Aswang kung saan leading lady siya ni Dingdong Dantes.

Sabi nga ni Lovi in a recent interview sa kanya ng PEP.ph (Philippine Entertainment Portal), there was a time daw na talagang nahihirapan siya sa sobrang hectic ng kanyang working schedule.

Kahit sa pag-portray ng mga characters niya sa mga pelikulang kanyang ginagawa ay hirap din umano siya kung minsan.

IN DEMAND. Isa siya sa most in demand young actresses ngayon. Ano ang feeling niya tungkol dito?

"Ano lang... I'm just happy. I love my job so much.

"At kumbaga, gusto ko lang ibalik ang anumang naa-achieve ko ngayon sa mga taong nagtitiwala sa akin.

"Of course, there are times na napapagod ka at feeling mo nahihirapan ka nga.

"Pero puyat lang 'yon na tulog at pahinga lang ang katapat, e.

"And once na nakapagpahinga ka, hahanap-hanapin mo rin 'yong work.

"Mas gusto kong napapagod ako sa useful na bagay. Kesa umaalis-alis ako ng bahay na gumigimik-gimik lang.

"Mas okey 'yong pagod ako dahil sa trabaho."

LOVELIFE. Ang pagiging busy ba niya ang dahilan kung bakit hindi niya nahaharap ngayon ang tungkol sa lovelife?

Kahit may mga naghihinala na sila pa rin ni Ronald Singson, na nakakulong ngayon sa Hong Kong, sinasabi nga ni Lovi na loveless siya ngayon.

"Yes! Mas masarap muna na ganito," sabi ng young actress.

Ayaw muna raw niyang bigyang-pansin ang tungkol sa usaping pampuso.

"I'm just here to have fun. And enjoy my life," sabi niya.

LEADING MEN. Kasama ni Lovi si Jake Cuenca sa My Neighbor's Wife. Kaya siyempre, hindi maiiwasang ma-link sila.

Natawa si Lovi nang mausisa tungkol do'n.

"Siyempre magkaibigan kami," aniya.

"Nagkakilala kami sa Bench pa lang.

"He's a very good friend. And sobrang galing na artista.

"Akala ko, hunk lang siya. Pero magaling pala siya!" natatawang sabi ni Lovi

Si Dingdong Dantes naman na kapareha niya sa Aswang?

"Magaling din siya," sambit ni Lovi.

"Especially 'yong character niya, nakakatuwa 'yong character niya sa Aswang.

"Very bad boy pero makarisma. Gano'n 'yong character niya.

"At very cute 'yong story no'ng movie."

[snip]
    Dingdong Dantes on much-awaited reunion project with Marian Rivera: "Kung sila nananabik, ako rin ay nananabik."

Rose Garcia

Friday, August 12, 2011
    07:48 PM

15123a7d0.jpg

[snip]

ASWANG. Noong kausap namin si Dingdong ay damang-dama namin ang pagmamalaki niya sa kasalukuyang ginagawang pelikula, ang Aswang.

Nabanggit ng matinee idol na last four days na lang daw sila.

"Napanood ko na ang halos kalahati, wala pang effect, very raw. Pero proud ako. Proud ako.

"Minsan lang din akong makapanood na ako, nahu-hook.

"Maybe yung pagkagawa, e, gustung-gusto ko at saka gustung-gusto ko ang istorya.

"Pero kahit na alam ko na nandoon ako, ako ang gumawa at alam ko ang script, e, meron pa rin ibang experience at ibang dimension na naibibigay sa akin ang pagpanood ko literally on screen.

"Ibang klase talaga siya!" sambit niya.

Bagamat malapit nang matapos ang pelikula, posibleng next year pa maipapalabas ito.

Sa palagay ba ni Dingdong ay okay lang na paghintayin ang mga manonood ng ganoon katagal sa isang pelikula?

"Of course, yun ang pakay talaga," sagot niya.

"To at least prepare for one year para sa computer graphics na sasama rito.

"Kumbaga, kung ang Transformers ay ginagawa ng isa, dalawang taon, ito, gagawin siya ng mahigit isang taon para maperpekto ang pagpapakita na kung kaya nila, kaya natin."

Ready na kaya ang Pinoy na ang locally-produced movie naman ang maghatid ng effects tulad ng napapanood sa Hollywood?

Kampante naman si Dingdong sa pagsasabing, "Palagay ko, oo.

"Masyado lang talaga ang karamihan, lalo na pagdating sa genre na ganoon, loyal tayo sa Hollywood na mga pelikulang ipinalalabas.

"Wala naman tayong ipinalalabas sa atin na mga ganoon.

"Yung huling ganoong klase ng pamilya was years ago or probably fifteen years ago.

"Noong mga panahon na yun, hindi pa uso ang computer.

"So, siyempre, hangga't wala silang option na nakikita na ganoong klase ng pelikula na papanoorin nila, ang nagiging basehan always is a Mission Impossible or a James Bond.

"Na kapag hindi mo nakapareho or higitan, sasabihin gaya-gaya ka pa. Sasabihin na cheap replica ka pa.

"But I believe, we can do it if we first have a story that is rich in Filipino values and culture, which is, I believe, kahit papaano, meron ang istorya namin.

"Kasi, saan lang ba nanggagaling ang salitang aswang? Saan lang ba naririnig yun kundi sa probinsiya?

"But there's so many aswang stories that have been told. Pero siyempre, ang challenge niyan ay ang kaibahan."

Dugtong pa niya, "Para sa akin, ang vision ni Erik Matti, e, isang dakilang rebelasyon na alam naman natin na naganap na noon pa sa mga pelikulang gaya ng Exodus at kung ano-ano pa."

Nilinaw naman ni Dingdong na hindi nila balak pantayan ang anumang Hollywood films that are rich in special effects.

Aniya, "Hindi naman namin ninanais na pantayan. Ang gusto lang namin, e, maipakita na this time, we can still retell a story about aswang and adopt it with this generation, humor, and this generation's capacity."
  • ipopiipopi Member ✭✭✭✭
    TIKTIK: the Aswang Chronicles is the first feature-length Filipino movie entirely shot on green screen. Only the houses and vehicles are real. All the backgrounds, including trees, mountains and creatures were laboriously and painstakingly realized using the latest computer technology.

TIKTIK: the Aswang Chronicles honors the genre's traditions without taking itself too seriously as it combines honest-to-goodness scares with irreverent Pinoy wit and humor.

Directed by Erik Matti, it stars Dingdong Dantes, Joey Marquez, Janice de Belen, Lovi Poe, and Ramon Bautista, as an odd mix of characters who suddenly find themselves the target of a vicious, deadly attack by a legion of pissed-off aswangs.

As if their own strained relationships weren't stressful enough, they now have to fight for their lives with all the heart, guts, and garlic they can muster.

Produced by Reality Entertainment, Agosto Dos, and GMA Films, TIKTIK: the Aswang Chronicles opens in theaters nationwide in October 2012.
  • viwviw Member PExer
    titik on the web circuit...

http://chuvaness.com/9031/philippines/not-your-regular-aswang-movie/

Not your regular ‘aswang’ movie
    Posted on June 29, 2012

excerpt:

These days I can’t help but look if a picture is photoshopped or a movie is computerized.
    Of course one prefers to watch a movie shot on location. Then again we had no idea Philippine movies could do this:

Before
    7465198290_264ca3d45d_z.jpg

After
    7465196434_bceba58fc4_z.jpg

Before
    7465191484_a803eb510c_z.jpg

After
    7465189546_c43407089c_z.jpg

http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/7808-tiktik-releases-uncensored-trailer

'Tiktik' uncensored trailer released

Tiktik_20120629-A.png
    'TIKTIK' PRODUCER AND ACTOR Dingdong Dantes in a scene from the movie. Image from Erik Matti

MANILA, Philippines - Director Erik Matti is back with "Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles," produced by Reality Entertainment, Agosto Dos and GMA Films.

Reality Entertainment is owned by Dondon Monteverde, Matti and A/F Benaza; Agosto Dos is owned by Dingdong Dantes, also the film's star

"Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles" is the first feature-length Filipino movie to be fully shot on green screen. Below is a comparison of a before (green screen) and after (post-editing) shot of a "transformation" scene in the movie:

Tiktik_20120629-B.png
    THEY GOT ZOMBIES, WE got aswangs. Image courtesy of Erik Matti

Tiktik_20120629-C.png
    AFTER THE GREEN SCREEN and post-prod. Image courtesy of Erik Matti

The aswang movie comes at a time when zombies have become a pop culture phenomenon in the US, with TV programs like "The Walking Dead" and "Zombieland" scoring high ratings. According to a press release from Matti, his movie "honors the genre’s traditions without taking itself too seriously."

The movie's cast is led by Dantes, joined by Janice de Belen, Lovi Poe and Ramon Bautista. Joey Marquez marks his return to Philippine entertainment through the movie.

http://lagarista.com/site/entry/tiktik_the_aswang_chronicles_uncensored_teaser_reveal

‘TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles’ Uncensored Teaser Reveal

DINGDONG_header.jpg

The Aswang Chronicles team dropped a big one on our laps: the uncensored teaser to their film plus a bunch of before and after effects stills, all for you guys to sink your teeth into.

Experience all the gory goodness after the jump!

Aswang Chronicles is Director Erik Matti’s take on the Aswang myth produced by Reality Entertainment, Agosto Dos and GMA films And starring Dingdong Dantes, Lovi Poe, Janice de Belen, Ramon Bautista and Joey Marquez.

Think of it as Sky Captain meets Planet Terror, or 300 meets Yanggaw. Besides the definite grindhouse and pulp feel to the whole shebang, it seems to be not as serious as it appears to be and it sets you up for the sort of gory fun you can expect when the movie rolls around in October.

We have the teaser you’re not going to see in theaters because one look at it you know it’s going to get X’ed. Hooray for the internet: (see above teaser)

Shooting against a green screen most of the time with some practical sets has allowed Direk Erik to create a ‘neverwhere’ and ‘neverwhen’ type setting and quite literally practice world building. Having a controlled environment suits Matti’s whimsy, if Gagamboy was any indication. To whit:

(same img's posted by chuvaness)

Pretty Cool yeah? Here’s some more:

RUNNING_-_CHROMA.jpg

RUNNING_-_GRADED_HYBRID.jpg

For more info about the movie head on over to the film’s official facebook page.

http://www.clickthecity.com/movies/?p=15466

Get the First Look at Erik Matti's 'TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles'

TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles is an aswang horror movie by Erik Matti, that honors the genre’s traditions without taking itself too seriously. It combines honest to goodness scares and positively horrifying monsters with irreverent Pinoy wit and humor. The centerpiece is a bloody, spectacular showdown between Man and Aswang, wit and brute force, transcendence and primal instinct.

(snip)

The movie assembles a dream cast of versatile actors headed by Dingdong Dantes who has never been more badass, or funnier, or sexier, than in his role here as a lovestruck antihero turned reluctant aswang killer. It also marks the return of Joey Marquez to tiptop comedic form and features stellar character turns from Janice de Belen, Lovi Poe, and Ramon Bautista, every one of them tearing through their roles with ferocity until each stereotype is turned on its (nearly chewed off) head.

Coming in theaters soon, TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles is director Erik Matti’s newest film, produced by Reality Entertainment (owned by Dondon Monteverde, Erik Matti and A/F Benaza), Agosto Dos (owned by Dingdong Dantes) and GMA Films.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/06/a-family-beseiged-by-monsters-in-ultra-stylish-teaser-for-erik-mattis-tiktik-the-aswang-chronicles.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Trailer Alerts
    A Family Beseiged By Monsters In Ultra-Stylish Teaser For Erik MAtti's TIKTIK: THE ASWANG CHRONICLES
    by Todd Brown, June 29, 2012 9:25 AM

TiktikAswangPoster.jpg

What if monsters live among us? And what if you were to make a clan of them very, very angry? And what if the particular type of monster you angered had a particular fondness for eating babies and your fiance was very pregnant indeed? Welcome to the world of Erik Matti's Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles.

Playing on the folklore surrounding the aswang - a type of Filipino creature somewhat similar to a vampire - veteran genre director Matti (Exodus, Gagamboy) is trying something new here: a special effects driven picture blending horror, action and comedy shot entirely on green screen. Yes, digital backlot films have been accomplished before but never inn the Philippines and Matti established his own digital effects company and totally unique work flow to pull this off. And the results are fantastic.

While the teaser reveals very little of the comedy element - having seen an unfinished version of the picture I can say absolutely that they're in there - the action and horror are in full effect as are the highly stylized visuals. Dingdong Dantes, Lovi Poe, Joey Marquez, Janice De Belen, Ramon Bautista, Roi Vinzon, LJ Reyes, Mike Gayoso, and Rina Reyes star. Take a look below.

(same teaser)
  • viwviw Member PExer
    tiktik poster. courtesy of erik matti

AvgJYI9CEAEe6gq.jpg:large

countdown to tiktik:

http://theaswangchronicles.com/
  • cinelamourcinelamour Member ✭✭✭
    interesting trailer. looking forward to this.

actually, bwakang pakshet na trailer! haylabet!

the mainstream pips have yet to see your film called the arrival and now this.

erik matti, you should deliver!
  • dyosang_dyosadyosang_dyosa sa panaginip ✭✭✭
    looks promising. not a fan of gma films but looking forward to this one. :)
  • viwviw Member PExer
    if it makes you feel any better, dyosa, i believe tiktik was primarily reality and agostodos. they were close to wrapping the shoot last year when any inkling of gma films being involved popped up (joey abacan tweeting lovi about seeing the movie's dailies and being impressed). so i think niches were well in place—matti helming the creative, reality and agostodos agreeing that IF the movie's not primed for release by their projected date they're willing to put it off until they're all happy, etc—when gma came into the picture. gma ata malamang partner nila sa distribution...which makes me nervous, knowing how they s*cked at marketing even one of their better releases in a while (the road).

but seeing as matti et al seemed to have their marketing campaign in place as well is a BIG relief. to wit: matti's the one feeding pr materials to blogs like their poster designs and their komikbook covers; reality and agostodos were the ones actively promoting the tiktik komikbook launch at komikon which kickstarted pr for the movie; they're disseminating the trailer to blogs with readership of all stripes—chuvaness, rappler, lagarista, clickthecity, twitch, but sidestepping the more obvious avenues. by that i mean, you'd expect gma to put this up on pep, or even on their own site, or you'd expect twirrer user TAClassof2012 to be tweeting the blow by blow, hehe; the website seems to be its own entity, apart from gma's site; even the press release that came with the teaser was written by matti. all these tells me that while gma's a partner, they're not so much the one that's driving this ship. gma's smart though, for coming on board this project.

and yes, ive been following updates of the movie for a good while. :rotflmao:
  • 22mai22mai Member ✭✭✭
    cinelamour wrote: »
    interesting trailer. looking forward to this.

actually, bwakang pakshet na trailer! haylabet!

the mainstream pips have yet to see your film called the arrival and now this.

erik matti, you should deliver!

Glad you mentioned The Arrival. It's one of my fave recent filipino films :-) It's poetry. Liked the shots too. And to add, soundtrack is amazing.

Here's the trailer to those who's interested --> click me
  • viwviw Member PExer
    the teaser in all its HD glory. can't wait for the full trailer!

Erik Matti@ErikMatti
    Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles in HD #tiktikaswangchronicles 12 0628 ASWANG TEASER UNCENSORED 1080p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xtE1qJxYo4&sns=tw via @youtube
  • laloka258laloka258 Labyah Mwah! ✭✭✭
    Joey: "Pag mahina ibig sabihin nun malapit na sila, pag malayo ibig sabihin malakas"

Laptrip ang line ni Manong Joey. :hiya:

Baliktad yata. :lol:
  • 143brent9143brent9 Member ✭✭✭
    ang ganda ng teaser huh?!

aabangan ko ito..
  • mr_boy007mr_boy007 Bаnned by Admіn ✭✭✭
    Ang badass ni Lovi sa teaser! :rocker:
  • SC_00SC_00 Member PExer
    laloka258 wrote: »
    Joey: "Pag mahina ibig sabihin nun malapit na sila, pag malayo ibig sabihin malakas"

Laptrip ang line ni Manong Joey. :hiya:

Baliktad yata. :lol:

dapat yata pag malakas, malayo
  • nadineluvejnadineluvej Member PExer
    wow nagagandahan ako sa trailer... sosyal pang holiwood

ganda ng effects

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file