COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Nazi Germany vs. imperial Japan

Now let's say history had been different, and Germany and Japan declared war on each other during world war II Who would win this? How and why?

Comments

• marlon3452marlon3452 Member PExer
    nazi germany.

germany had the v2 rocket, u-boats, a jet fighter and the makings of an atom bomb, although the latter 2 were too late in WW2 to make a difference.

scientifically, the nazis were more advanced, hence the creation of more powerful weapons.
  • Sta|kerSta|ker Iron Chef Gourmet Sandwich PExer
    Nazi Germany,

After they did the Holocaust, they can easily do the same with the Japanese, just as long they conquer one city..
  • Assassin_MageAssassin_Mage Warmonger PExer
    neither.

because in order to bring the front to the enemy, both would have to overextend their lines and doing so would only open it up to guerilla attacks from the countries the lines would have to go through. in the end, both would just settle into an uneasy truce.. and there woudl have been a cold war just as the US and USSR had a cold war.

so no dice. no one wins..
  • DOMINIQUE_VMDOMINIQUE_VM Member PExer
    it will be impractical for both parties wage war against each other, no financial and territorial gains would eventuate for both sides, they are worlds apart, you have to cross at least 2 oceans just to get to one side. but in terms of discipline, the japs has the upper hand, their samurai mentality, is the advantage over the gerrys.
  • ibarramediaibarramedia Member PExer
    Originally posted by marlon3452
    nazi germany.

germany had the v2 rocket, u-boats, a jet fighter and the makings of an atom bomb, although the latter 2 were too late in WW2 to make a difference.

scientifically, the nazis were more advanced, hence the creation of more powerful weapons.

Germany's u-boats were superior to japanese submarines and they would easily eliminate their subs. Thus, japanese ships could be targeted. Japan however had carriers and it's battle group could release depth charges at the u-boats plus they would here fromthe Japanese submariners where the german u-boats were shortly before being sunk.

The luftwaffe and the japanese navy carrier pilots and the land based air force would have been an interesting aerial battle had it really happened. Despite the leftwaffe's reputation and access to primitive jet planes, I think the japanese pilots would win this one. The mitsubishi a6m3 zero is superior the messerscmidt, and the val even though it resembles the stuka with the landing gear unfoldable is superior to the stuka.

For agruments sake, japanese and german forces would have most of their naval battles in the indian ocean.off cocos island,the maldives and madagascar. The land bases forces of the germans would go east moving through russia and the japanese army would move west through china and kazakhstan. With a major battle in kazakhstan. Whoever reaches the opponents homeland would most probably be victorious. Japanese fanaticism against the german evil and ruthlessness of the ss, sa, and gestapo. The discipline of the german wehrmacht and panzer divisions. Hmmm... I guess germany takes this one with heavy casualties. They will barely win the land battles, but will still end up victorious. They will finish off the japanese forces who are on a desperate banzai charge attempt. Of course they will fight to the last man. The very rare japanese that surrenders or the wounded would be rounded up by the ss and either machine gunned into a ditch or gassed after the german army is finished with them.
    Who ultimately wins the war? i don't know yet. Hard to call.

Let's see some more thoughts and opinions.
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    Germany, if it weren't for the Allies, could have built A-bombs, stealth planes, and jets. I mean, they already have U-boats and V2's.

But I'd like to see those guys in old fashion throng-to-throng rumble. Braveheart style. That'll be cool.
  • Sniper_ZealSniper_Zeal Member PExer
    maybe you forgot that Germany was the second largest naval power in the world during WW2. with that said and assuming that the British wont interfere, the Germans can easily blockade Japan thus starving it to submission. plus during the war, the real WW2, the Germans were already in the development of nuclear weapons. unfortunately the Americans beat them to it and fortunately Germany surrendered before the Allies used it. thats why the bombs were dropped at Japan. discipline wise, the Germans may not have the samurai mentality of the Japanese but that doesnt mean that the Germans are inferior in discipline. of all people in Europe, the most experienced country in terms of warfare is Germany. plus its technological superiority will more than make up for its disciplinary defficiency.

Shinino Kireina
    Just wanted to know if some of you guys have read the independent comic book series families of altered wars by ted nomura of antarctic press. Some of the series titles are: tigers of terra, tigers of the luftwaffe,world war II. Here you see the second world war going on until 1948 and beyond. A lot of what ifs. They even have german aircraft carriers.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 Banned by Admin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i have to point out that japan also had a nuclear program going at the time. they even had this top-secret "death ray" project.

the best and the brightest in the german armed forces were in the army. in japan, nearly all the samurais went to the navy.

and you have to put a chronological scale. will they go at each other beginning 1942? earlier? later?
  • gearheadgearhead Member PExer

Now let's say history had been different, and Germany and Japan declared war on each other during world war II Who would win this? How and why? - ibarramedia

huh? if germany and japan went against each other during world war II, who would the allies be fighting against?
  • SpartanSpartan Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    To answer the question I'm going to to assume that it is only Nazi Germany and imperial Japan fighting.

Now my answer: They wouldn't fight at this time period.

First there was nothing of much consequnce that these two countries would fight over. Remember it was the Japanese who attacked the United States because they were intruding in the the Japan's back yard. Germany wasn't. What little colonial power that the Germans had in the Pacific was insignificant compared to the American threat. (If America had the Philippines, Guam and the Hawaiian islands, what's next?) Also it was the U.S. starving them of oil and other tid bits of info that was a real irritant to JP. Nothing like that was comming from Germany.

War between Germany and Japan was further unlikely becaus neither had the projection of power. They couldn't just go attachk each other because they couldn't reach out that far. In the Pacific however, Japan would still be able to aquire any German holdings. As for a full out war, that would be very difficult because there wasn't technology to allow them to strike at each other's homeland.

It is true that each could use it's navy but that would be unwise. If Germany went into the Pacific, they would be clobbred by the Japanese navy. The same would be true if Japan would go to the North Sea.

As for any nuclear devices, if they were to become operational, there would be a problem trying to deliver it to a target. They didn't have bombers that could fly around the world, and they would risk losing their bomb if transported on ship. (They would get sunk before reaching a plausible position)

Stealth planes and rockets are still too far into the future to be any consequnce now. While I do admit that planning these projects would be going on at this time period, it would still be too far into the future before any of these technolgical advances would be possible. It would be in the late fifties at the earliest before they become a factor.
    Originally posted by gearhead
    Now let's say history had been different, and Germany and Japan declared war on each other during world war II Who would win this? How and why? - ibarramedia

huh? if germany and japan went against each other during world war II, who would the allies be fighting against?
    The allies would just be on the sidelines, innocent bystanders. The only reason for this intellectual excercise is to see who would win on this "what if" scenario. There are various interesting ideas on this post and of course , there is no right or wrong answer here. But for the sake of discussion, if history were different and Germany and Japan declared war on each other, who would win? On a head to head match up who has the superior advantage?
  • Lucca YamazakiLucca Yamazaki die boy abunda die! PExer
    Somebody bumped this topic. Hey I can see my old post again.
  • gumacaniangumacanian crock`0`shite PExer
    allies...Bystanders??? How would the japs been able to even get half way without stepping on ally shoes??Or the Germans for that matter??and where would the major battles occur?

So what do we do now? Plonk both nations in the middle of africa and sound the bell??
    Think it through guys...and set a credible scenario!!
    Originally posted by ibarramedia

Germany's u-boats were superior to japanese submarines and they would easily eliminate their subs. Thus, japanese ships could be targeted. Japan however had carriers and it's battle group could release depth charges at the u-boats plus they would here fromthe Japanese submariners where the german u-boats were shortly before being sunk.

The luftwaffe and the japanese navy carrier pilots and the land based air force would have been an interesting aerial battle had it really happened. Despite the leftwaffe's reputation and access to primitive jet planes, I think the japanese pilots would win this one. The mitsubishi a6m3 zero is superior the messerscmidt, and the val even though it resembles the stuka with the landing gear unfoldable is superior to the stuka.

For agruments sake, japanese and german forces would have most of their naval battles in the indian ocean.off cocos island,the maldives and madagascar. The land bases forces of the germans would go east moving through russia and the japanese army would move west through china and kazakhstan. With a major battle in kazakhstan. Whoever reaches the opponents homeland would most probably be victorious. Japanese fanaticism against the german evil and ruthlessness of the ss, sa, and gestapo. The discipline of the german wehrmacht and panzer divisions. Hmmm... I guess germany takes this one with heavy casualties. They will barely win the land battles, but will still end up victorious. They will finish off the japanese forces who are on a desperate banzai charge attempt. Of course they will fight to the last man. The very rare japanese that surrenders or the wounded would be rounded up by the ss and either machine gunned into a ditch or gassed after the german army is finished with them.

I'm just quoting myself above. I also said this is a what if scenario. Never mind the how's and why's. I might as well write a book about this if that was the intent. Complete with history ,logistics,and research. The question was who would win. That's all. There is no need to be technical here. This is just for fun. I really did not think anyone would take this so seriously. After all, no matter how great the scenarios may be presented by anyone this will never happen. So lighten up or just simply go to another thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file