COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

[POLL] Humans -- basically good or basically evil?

brownpaubrownpau Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
When you take the human, and strip away education, family, religion, personal philosophy, social conditioning, and all the other influences of life and are faced with the newborn child... what is he at his core? (Or she, as the case may be?)

Basically good? Basically evil?

Is the human person basically good? Or basically evil?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• ¤ HoLYcRaP ¤¤ HoLYcRaP ¤ R e v e n a n T PExer
    Oh gosh, let me see here... our group just did a report on Jean Jacques Rousseau and John Locke and both think that human beings are basically pure. Not necessarily pure as in good-pure. but pure as in blank. I think it was Locke who said that we are born with tabula rasa, or a blank soul, which is neither good nor evil. only when he enters the society that he is shaped to whatever it is he'd become.

If the third option is that--amoral, or being neither good nor evil, but a blank page to be written on--then I that'd be my vote.

• green gringreen grin Member PExer
    i think we've all read "Lord of the Flies".

and it's not about irish river dancing, either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file