Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Any BS-IHM STUDENTS here?

I just passed the test for csb an I wanted to know more about it an how you can intern for hotels and such. I also read something about the vatel school and i think this is a double degree course where you learn French too?

Comments

• Betoaldaba wrote: »
    I just passed the test for csb an I wanted to know more about it an how you can intern for hotels and such. I also read something about the vatel school and i think this is a double degree course where you learn French too?

Well, IHM is more rigorous than the usual HRIM HM track, I think. All in all before you graduate, you'll have 4 work experiences from your immersion and practicum programs. There'll be two immersion programs: Front Office and Housekeeping during your 2nd year 2nd term and Food and Beverage on your 3rd year 1st term. During these terms, your classes will be modular; meaning your subjects will be cramped into 2 months. You'll have one set of subjects on weeks 1-5, then another set of subjects on weeks 6-10, then the immersion program till the last week of the term or until you complete the required hours (required 240 hrs., but it depends on the hotel you're assigned to).

You'll be required to finish 2 practicums (600 hrs. each). One here in PI, then for the second one, you'll have a choice of working in either France, US or Dubai.

I think you'll start your French classes on your 1st year 3rd term. You'll have to pass four French classes. Then, you'll have to take a French exam in order to get your second-degree French diploma. If you don't pass it, then... at least, you'll still have the Philippines diploma.

=]
  • Well, IHM is more rigorous than the usual HRIM HM track, I think. All in all before you graduate, you'll have 4 work experiences from your immersion and practicum programs. There'll be two immersion programs: Front Office and Housekeeping during your 2nd year 2nd term and Food and Beverage on your 3rd year 1st term. During these terms, your classes will be modular; meaning your subjects will be cramped into 2 months. You'll have one set of subjects on weeks 1-5, then another set of subjects on weeks 6-10, then the immersion program till the last week of the term or until you complete the required hours (required 240 hrs., but it depends on the hotel you're assigned to).

You'll be required to finish 2 practicums (600 hrs. each). One here in PI, then for the second one, you'll have a choice of working in either France, US or Dubai.

I think you'll start your French classes on your 1st year 3rd term. You'll have to pass four French classes. Then, you'll have to take a French exam in order to get your second-degree French diploma. If you don't pass it, then... at least, you'll still have the Philippines diploma.

=]
    Hmm sounds ok. About the Second Degree for French the exam is only once? What if i fail it by some chance is there a way to retake the test? sorry about the questions :P
  • will they help you get a job too, after graduation? since they have a partnership with vatel and they have good programs too, will it be easy for them to work abroad? like in France or US 
  • how much po ang tuition fee per sem.. hrm culinary