COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

CC | Para sa Mga Pilipinong Manggagawang Nasa Ibayong-Dagat (OFWs)

Alin bang credit card diyan sa Pilipinas ang pwedeng aplayan ng tulad kong OFW. Marami na akong na aplayan puro declined, like BPI, Metrobank, UnionBank, East-West Bank, HSBC and lately RCBC Bankard lahat puro online application lang.

Ayaw yata nila mag isyu ng CC sa OFW? Dati naman nung nasa Pinas ako nag work meron akong Credit Cards, pero after several years of using it, pina cancel ko lahat ng cards.

Ngayon gusto ko ulit mag aplay. Ano pwede ninyo ma i-suggest?

Comments

• mackygoofmackygoof Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Pwede naman ah. Wala ka bang bad credit nung dati?
    I was offered before ng mga cards nung ofw pa ako pero mas ok yung creditcard kung saan ka mismong nagwowork abroad para wala ka nang problemahin na convertion.
    Try getting creditcard kung saan bank ka nagreremit.
  • pinoy_dude24pinoy_dude24 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yup mahirap po kumuha ang OFW ng CC, apply ka na lang kung saan ka may bank account.
  • enigma98enigma98 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah, just like what mackygoof said, ayaw mo kumuha ng credit card sa country where you work?
  • LITHIUM478LITHIUM478 Super Sawsaw PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    In my case (I am also an OFW), bank ang mismong nag alok sa akin ng CC, while I was on vacation sa Pinas. I do not have any other CC sa Pinas.

Ayaw ko pa nga kunin at sabi ko sa tumawag sa akin meron na akong CC (issued at my host country) at minsan lang ako sa Pinas dahil nga OFW ako, pero sabi naman eh international daw naman yung card.

Pero now, gamit na gamit ko for online purchases.

And yes, dapat siguro mag apply ka kung saan ka merong bank account dyan sa Pinas.
  • nexus21nexus21 Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Im currently in Vietnam and is it possible to open a CREDIT CARD when your not in the Philippines?

Appreciate your immediate response.

:rotflmao:
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    I am assuming you want a credit card issued by a Philippine bank.

The easiest way would be to get a secured credit card by applying for one the next time you are in the country. Dalawa ang problema sa kaso mo. Una, sa abroad nanggagaling ang kita mo. Pangalawa, sa abroad ka nakatira. Kung secured credit card, mababawasan ang risk sa bangko dahil meron silang mapanghahawakang pera na proteksiyon nila kapag hindi ka makabayad. At kung mag-apply ka habang nandito ka, mas mabilis at madali ang credit investigation.
    Salamat Mr. Kuya Danny.

Regarding the Secured Credit Card, is it safe to assume that your placement must be higher than the credit limit? Or can you ask a higher limit compared to your placement.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Assume that the credit limit is less than the placement. Some banks will give credit limit equal to the placement, but never more than that.
  • boink1202boink1202 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Share ko lang yung case ko. OFW din ako, and my case might apply to you.

I've had my remittance account with BPI since 2006. Regular ang padala ko sa account na yun while i was working abroad, and even when I stopped working as an ofw for 2 years (had a BPO stint in the Philippines at the time), I kept that remittance account active by making small deposits (mga P500-P1k a month, sometimes every other month pa). When I quit my BPO job, I went back to being an OFW and used the same remittance account to send money back home.

On the 5th year (2011) anniversary of my remittance account with BPI, they sent me a pre-approved credit card. Wasn't at home (Pinas) at the time they issued me the card, so they held it temporarily. When I went for my vacation and finally enrolled my remittance account to expressonline.com, I found out that I had another account (credit card) registered to my name.

I called their hotline and enquired why it was so. They told me of the pre-approved credit card issued to me earlier, and they asked me if I wanted to actually receive the credit card they issued. Heck yeah! So, I got a pre-approved card from BPI simply by sticking with my remittance account for 5 years. Initial limit was 20k, but I was able to get them to approve a CL increase twice within a year, and now my CL stands at 60k. I don't see myself asking for another increase, as this amount suits my needs just fine.
    thanks Boink.
  • i also have a pre approved credit card from metrobank. i have an account with them. dun rin nagreremittance mom ko. now im living in japan. i still use my credit card. ive been their customer since i was still in highschool
  • aljuratienzaaljuratienza Member PExer
    Ang hirap ng may credit card ka sa pinas tapos nag wowork ka sa ibang bansa for how many years. :)
  • leelouleelou fifth element PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ hindi naman mahirap. you can practically do all things online now, like checking your charges/purchases, statement and making payments. and if you have any questions or you need to make requests, you can contact pa the customer service of banks like BPI and BDO through their international toll free number available in some countries, like KSA where i am currently working kaya convenient pa rin sya for me :)
  • boink1202boink1202 Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ang hirap ng may credit card ka sa pinas tapos nag wowork ka sa ibang bansa for how many years. :)
    leelou wrote: »
    ^ hindi naman mahirap. you can practically do all things online now, like checking your charges/purchases, statement and making payments. and if you have any questions or you need to make requests, you can contact pa the customer service of banks like BPI and BDO through their international toll free number available in some countries, like KSA where i am currently working kaya convenient pa rin sya for me :)

true. suki nga ako ng cebu pac seat sales dahil sa bpi credit card ko. pati na rin sa mga online shopping sa US merchants. payment is also easy via expressonline. it helps that my remittance account is with bpi kaya super dali ng transactions with my credit card.
  • dhelzkiedhelzkie Member PExer
    how can I apply credit card im ofw? where can I go?
  • MarionRiveroMarionRivero Your Beloved PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^When I was working in Seoul before, there was a Metrobank there. No idea if they assist credit card processing for OFWs. Maybe you can inquire wtih MB UAE if these contact numbers are working:

Metrobank Dubai Branch, United Arab Emirates

Office/Branch Address
    PO Box 39925
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)

Contact/Phone Number
    00 (97150) 362-0583

Fax Number
    00 (9714) 220-6113

Metrobank Abu Dhabi Branch, United Arab Emirates

Office/Branch Address
    Al Ansari Exchange
    PO Box 325, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE)

Contact/Phone Number
    00 (97150) 249-0520

Fax Number
    (9714) 220-6113
  • PwedePadalaPwedePadala OFW Blogger in Canada PExer
    Is there a possibility to be approved for a credit card in the Philippines if you are an OFW on vacation? Has anyone done this before?
  • jay08jay08 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I have been searching but I cannot find an updated answer to my inquiry. What credit card can an OFW apply for in the Philippines? All the banks online are asking for an employer online whenever I am accomplishing an online application. I plan to use it for online purchases and have my wife as supplementary and use it for their everyday needs
  • ehleesyanehleesyan PEx Moderator
    How about a Secured Credit Card? BPI, Metrobank, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file