COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

I sealed my lips, i was wrong; now i didn't am i still wrong?

Ei! People i need your views here see... i'm in the state of confusion.

During my vacation, me and my peer in my church, had a clash with the elders or should i say people who "care" because of an issue which really is a devastating and heartbreaking thing that crushes the church's spiritual discipline.
A friend (a Christian almost like a pastor's kid) and his girlfriend (a Baby-C) messed up. So when we found out about it, we decided to keep it to ourselves because we thought sooner or later when the guy is ready, he will tell what's happening to some trusted people in our church.
And so the news was out but the girl is already 3 months preggy. Plus the guy had a previous incident in the church that's why before anything happened between the girl and him, he was under a Disciplinary action together with his best bud. Okay, so our pastor found out about the situation when the girl is already pregnant 3 months.
The thing is, the pastor asked some of us why we didn't tell them. It gave us a shock because we didn't think it necessary. After much researching we found out that we should have squeald. So that's the part when i shut my mouth.
Now, a friend told me about my biological brother's plan to well teach another guy how to be a playboy. Thing is, i told my mom about it. I know the possible consequence of what i did. But i just want to do the right thing this time. But then again, if mom explodes, i'd be on a thin ice and i'd be dragging my friend with me. Plus a possibility of losing my brother's trust and maybe my peer as well.
What should have i done?

Comments

• kartoonistakartoonista Member PExer
    Doing the right thing is not easy and it's not the most popular route. What you did the first time was a mistake, this second time around is not. You prevented a much bigger problem. If your brother reacts badly to what you've done then it's his problem not yours. Just pray that he would understand the situation and what you've done. Same with your friend. :)
  • tazbivrtazbivr extremes PExer
    Which is right and which is wrong. I would like to speak to your pastor. What in heaven's name is he blaming you for.CHRIST in HIS ministry wants a personal relationship with people not with a group it was the responsibility of those who messed up who should take the blame not the friends who just happened to be supportive.
    As to squealing your brother out. Does that prevent him from doing it ? It only heightens resentment and feelings of being bound. Squealing is only beneficial if it is emergent or life threatening,squealing as a form of prevention is only palliative.
    Peer pressure? If you truly want to make a difference blue-28blush do your own pressuring go the right way and let the others follow.
  • JCsPartnerJCsPartner Member PExer
    Originally posted by tazbivr
    Which is right and which is wrong. I would like to speak to your pastor. What in heaven's name is he blaming you for.CHRIST in HIS ministry wants a personal relationship with people not with a group it was the responsibility of those who messed up who should take the blame not the friends who just happened to be supportive.
    As to squealing your brother out. Does that prevent him from doing it ? It only heightens resentment and feelings of being bound. Squealing is only beneficial if it is emergent or life threatening,squealing as a form of prevention is only palliative.
    Peer pressure? If you truly want to make a difference blue-28blush do your own pressuring go the right way and let the others follow.

See that's where we Christians stumble on. Kasi, we tend to think of the PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP. I bet that was blue's first reaction too. However, we forget that as Christians and active members of a church, we are part of the body of CHRIST. Think.. one part of your body say your eyes has the morning glory and you walk into your morning subject and eeryone laughs at you. SHAMEFUL diba? Buong ikaw na ang napahiya. Theywon't look at what part of your body that is clean but the one that is clinging from the corner of your eye. Same with the church. One member has a problem with his personal relationship with Christ, gives dirt to the hul body of christ.
    I know the pastor's just concerned. They are not blaming them but trying to tell them that next tym.. things like are to be submitted to the elders.
    Kasi ang personal relationship mo kay Christ is what you do when you're alone with him. Eh, ngayon, kung yung ginagawa mo alone with him is corrupt or not even working out right or you're not even spending time with him, tapos mag-reflect yan sa public life mo, malaking effect nyan. Others get affected. Others may stumble. And the first person to feel the PAIN is CHRIST and THEN THE CHURCH itself. Gets

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file