Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

ABC Family's THE LYING GAME

j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
TSB-004687.jpg

Looks like Chuck Pratt is back in bidness. On Friday, Deadline reported a series order for Pratt's mystery soap The Lying Game—based on the book by the same name from Pretty Little Liars author Sara Shepard—was "imminent". Today, General Hospital star Tyler Christopher, who is a part of the cast, tweeted the following confirmation:
Finally got the word that The Lying Game has been picked up and will start airing in the fall. Please follow it and help support!

As previousty reported, another daytime alum, Alexandra Chando (ex-Maddie, As The World Turns) nabbed the lead in the series. Chando will portray twin sisters Emma and Sutton. Emma is a foster child who discovers her doppelganger, who was adopted by a wealthy family, has gone missing and decides to investigate. Christopher will play the recurring role of a police detective.

The project sounds a heck of a lot like Pratt's 2006 ABC primetime soap project Secrets of a Small Town, which starred Leighton Meester as twins and also boasted Christopher among the cast. It will also likely be compared to Sarah Michelle Gellar's much talked about return to TV in Ringer, where she plays, you guessed it, identical twins. Somewhere The Young and the Restless showrunner and lover of all things doppelganger, Maria Arena Bell is saying "In you FACE, critics!" Whatevs.

Pratt has always worked better in primetime than daytime (still trying to forget what he did to All My Children), so this could work. Whaddya you guys think? Are you excited for The Lying Game?

Source

I was able to catch Alexandra Chando last year on ATWT as Henry Coleman's sister and I must say she's quite the talent. Looking forward to The Lying Game already! :D

Comments

• j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Tyler Christopher just got fired on ABC's General Hospital so nothing's stopping him now for this show.
    Show's premiere is set at August 15.
  • Can't wait! :bounce:

Hope this will be as good as Pretty Little Liars! :love:
    This was from last year when the book from where the show is based on was being promoted. Pretty sucky promotion I must say. :D

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/1cgP5nAX_Bg[/video]
  • I read the first book na last year pa. Pretty good read, for a YA novel. Sara Shepard is really good with the red herrings and the mystery type books. :)
    Heto na, first promo ng show ni Alex Chando.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/v/Uh8hknVXT0w[/video]
  • Awesome! If you enjoyed that video, make sure to check out some of our other exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with the cast!
  • so many shows about liars/lying on abcfamily.

ill admit i'm intrigued by this show. ill give it a chance and watch the pilot.
    Past creditsni Alex Chando...Ang cute niya actually :D

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/v/mQXySs_tQFo[/VIDEO]
  • I love the excitement on here! I’m just as pumped as you guys for the premiere on August 15th, have any of you seen the latest promo?
  • Don’t forget guys, the premiere of The Lying Game is MONDAY (8/15) at 9/8c! Make sure to tune-in!
  • A very promising series! Outstanding pilot episode :D
    This seems to be a very intriguing show although I've read the numbers in the premiere were poor. They only retained half of Secret Life's total viewers. I hope it improves in the coming weeks. :)
  • rej_miller18rej_miller18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Almost done with the pilot.

The lead reminds me both of Nina Dobrev and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Very interesting premise, wonderfully-acted, engaging and has all the makings of a show I'd like to follow and watch every week.
  • rej_miller18rej_miller18 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I love the second episode as well.

Sutton's boyfriend who's also in Switched at Birth is more charming here than the other family drama.

I hope they sustain this and keep us on the edge of our seats as far as mystery and suspense is concerned.
  • The lead reminds me both of Nina Dobrev and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

and Sarah Michelle has an upcoming series with the same premise :))
    looks like a teenager-version of Sarah Michelle Gellar's ringer..

i love it so far, it's different from the book daw and i actually like the alterations.. i haven't read the book though.. just some spoilers.
  • Aya_AlexaAya_Alexa Vision of Perfection PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    just did a marathon of this show's 3 episode and so far im liking it. Its not that suspenseful and intriguing as i expected but its hanging in there. I haven't read the book so i don't know anything about the series and i guess that's something good since im a person who tends to compare stuff but since this show has got my attention i might get the book sooner.

And yeah i would have to agree Alex Chando does remind me of Nina Dobrev and Sara Michelle Gellar. she's like a mix of both :lol:

Excited for more episode. I would love to see how this Lying Game works this show needs more b!tchiness considering the popular girls aren't as mean and b!tchy as i expected.
    ^Napaka-cliche if ganon pero it's nice to see that Sutton's circle of friends have deep flaws. My problem with the show though is that the build up in every episode is not as fast-building as I would have expected.

On Nina Dobrev and Alex Chando, bagay silang magkapatid. To be fair, Alex (2005) has been on TV slightly longer than Nina (2006) hehehe. :)
  • Aya_AlexaAya_Alexa Vision of Perfection PEx Icon 🎖️🎖️🎖️
    j5bata wrote: »
    ^Napaka-cliche if ganon pero it's nice to see that Sutton's circle of friends have deep flaws. My problem with the show though is that the build up in every episode is not as fast-building as I would have expected.

On Nina Dobrev and Alex Chando, bagay silang magkapatid. To be fair, Alex (2005) has been on TV slightly longer than Nina (2006) hehehe. :)

sabagay pero feeling ko lang may something pa eh parang weird naman kasi na ang babait nung friends ni Sutton tapos siya lang yung so far nagpapakita ng may pagka b!tchy attitude, also may reason naman kung bakit may parang takot yung other students sakanila like what Laurel said "I've seen what you guys do to kids you don't like" so i think hindi sila ganun kabait.

about the pace of the show i agree its kinda slow pero 3 episodes palang naman nakikita natin lets see how things will turn up in the upcoming episodes.

anyway i have read a few spoilers and a long summary of the book and parang mas gusto ko yata yung libro :lol: parang mas suspensful kasi eh compared sa tv adaptation, also it gives off a parang The lovely bones feel. well i should get it first before placing judgement.