Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman

Scoop: TV's New Wonder Woman Is Friday Night Lights' Adrianne Palicki

Here’s a piece of casting news that can only — especially given the situation — be described as super: Friday Night Lights beauty Adrianne Palicki has been tapped to star as Wonder Woman in the much-talked about pilot for NBC, TVLine has learned.

Executive-produced and penned by veteran small-screen auteur David E. Kelley (Boston Legal, Ally McBeal), TV’s new Wonder Woman will have Palicki playing no less than three “roles”:
• The titular crimefighter, “reinvented” here as an L.A.-based vigilante
• Alter ego No. 1: Diana Themyscira, a mega-billionaire CEO
• Alter ego No. 2: Diana’s “plain Jane” assistant, Diana Prince. (Good luck with that one, makeup and wardrobe!)

Other key players to be cast for Wonder Woman include Steve Trevor (now a lawyer for the Justice Department and a onetime paramour of Diana T.’s); Themyscira Industries’ press secretary, Mindy; and Veronica Cale, an eeeevil scientist poised to be WW’s primary adversary.

But back to Palicki: In addition to of course her run as Tyra on the acclaimed Friday Night Lights, this past fall she was one of two female leads on Fox’s lauded but short-lived Lonestar drama. Most recently, she (quite colorfully) guest-starred on Criminal Minds.

I’ll also point out that, according to IMDb as well as the way she towered over me at TCA, Palicki is 5-foot-11, making her sufficiently “Amazonian” in presence.

Bill D’Elia (Boston Legal) is also an executive producer on Wonder Woman, while Jeffrey Reiner (The Event) will direct the pilot.

source: http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/nbc-wonder-woman-adrianne-palicki/

Comments

• letran_jletran_j PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Adrianne_Palicki_1024%20x%20768-551676.jpeg

hawttt!!!
  • MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I just hope this doesn't end up to be "Ally McBeal in tights" :(
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MAJOR FAIL.

Since when was WW blonde? (remember the aborted pilot with blonde Cathy Lee Crosby as the Amazing Amazonian???)

The premise itself rips off an early Iron Man origin story arc (in which Tony Stark is just the "assistant" of Iron Man, whom few outside his immediate circle know is essentially him)

As for the vigilante thing, does it mean no costume? No Lasso of Truth? No Invisible Jet?
  • here is Adrianne Palicki as a brunette

adriannepalicki.jpg

I have to agree making Wonder Woman a vigilante is an epic fail!
    un2ny wrote: »
    here is Adrianne Palicki as a brunette

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/630/adriannepalicki.jpg

I have to agree making Wonder Woman a vigilante is an epic fail!

Hello? She is definitely NOT Batman.

David E. Kelley obviously doesn't know his comic books...expect the wrath of pissed-off fanboys to come spilling over!!!!
  • un2ny wrote: »
    Scoop: TV's New Wonder Woman Is Friday Night Lights' Adrianne Palicki

A pity. I was hoping it would be Bridget Regan (Legend of the Seeker).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6ttcIDCmRKcK-rZaE60NAlK1j3yhzkcV3R7t12VYM1THs0EDWimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlMjyRtLUSX9Q4rEeKk56HccSLeYwO33DiTVufPJ9RU5oLv5Oq
  • last.dodo.birdlast.dodo.bird PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Here are my thoughts why this series is doomed to EPIC FAILURE:

1. Wonder Woman is no vigilante. She's a saviour and fights crimes in an instant (a la Superman).
    2. The lead is not Amazonian enough.
    3. Because the director is David E. Kelley :rolleyes:
    If you describe Adrianne Palicki as "not Amazonian enough," you are obviously clueless about Adrianne Palicki.

Also, there's nothing terribly wrong with David E. Kelly's shows.

Lastly, any news about a refreshing take on a popular character is fine by me. At least his take on the show sounds like it's not going to be campy, which is good.
  • First Look at Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman!

palickiwwcostume2.jpg
  • booksalebooksale PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'd much prefer lynda carter's wonder woman with granny panties.
  • rictos16rictos16 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    camel toe seams.. yuck

saw a video of her audition.. she was talking about how her boobs were not big enough
  • pollywogpollywog PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Give me back my Wonder Woman!

Womderwomancarter_lores.jpg
    un2ny wrote: »
    First Look at Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/148/palickiwwcostume2.jpg

Obviously, they are sticking to the current WW comics canon as established by J. Michael Stracyznski
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the costume is fine. they can't make it any skimpier or similar to the comic books, it might get unnecessary attention since it is too sexy for prime time. that's why they're playing it safe.
  • rictos16rictos16 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    okay lang sya tingnan kung darker color yung costume:
    http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/031911_wwcostumecolors.jpg

and ito yung ibig kung sabihin na sinabi nya na her boobs were not big enough:
    http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011/02/watch-wonder-woman-audition-footage-that-should-make-us-all-very-worried/

Now that Adrianne Palicki has been cast as NBC’s new Wonder Woman, what will her life be like? This leaked audition tape for David E. Kelley’s new TV series showcases some interesting dialog between the ice cream loving CEO and her minions… mostly about her breasts. As we discussed earlier, in this TV series Wonder Woman has two alternate identities: Diana Prince is also Diana Themyscyra, head of Themyscyra enterprises — basically a female Tony Stark. She runs the company and the whole world knows that she is crime fighting as Wonder Woman on the side. Which means one thing: merchandising! This audition tape (above) for Tanit Phoenix (Death Race 2) showcases exactly how terrible the merchandising is that poor Diana has to consider. The whole thing is enough to make Diana feel inadequate about her cup size, something she’s happy to discuss endlessly during a business meeting. The tape, which was uploaded yesterday, never says outright that this is the script for the NBC series. But the clues are all there: they call her character Diana, and she’s looking at a line of dolls that fund her crime fighting. It all seems just as horrifying as the script review we posted earlier. Just the “big **** save lives” line alone is enough to make us want to claw our faces off.
    topnotch97 wrote: »
    the costume is fine. they can't make it any skimpier or similar to the comic books, it might get unnecessary attention since it is too sexy for prime time. that's why they're playing it safe.

the pic @un2ny posted is that of the current WW continuity.

Go to DC Universe Online for more conclusive proof.

Definitely not your Tatay's Wondy.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    i'm well aware of the current comic continuity. i could care less if they even used the other costume, wearing cycling shorts, when she lost the title of WW to another Amazon named Artemis. or something like Donna Troi's costume.
    what i've been trying to say is that a costume similar to the comic books, even if it were granny panties, might not be shown due to the explicit nature of the costume. would they allow an actress wearing a thong costume for prime time, even though that's what fanboys want? of course not.
    even the target audience. they'd probably be target at the Smallville audience and Pretty Little Liars audience. like girls between the ages of 9 to 18.

let's hope it doesn't end up like Birds of Prey.
    topnotch97 wrote: »
    i'm well aware of the current comic continuity. i could care less if they even used the other costume, wearing cycling shorts, when she lost the title of WW to another Amazon named Artemis. or something like Donna Troi's costume.
    what i've been trying to say is that a costume similar to the comic books, even if it were granny panties, might not be shown due to the explicit nature of the costume. would they allow an actress wearing a thong costume for prime time, even though that's what fanboys want? of course not.
    even the target audience. they'd probably be target at the Smallville audience and Pretty Little Liars audience. like girls between the ages of 9 to 18.

let's hope it doesn't end up like Birds of Prey.

Then again, no self-respecting vigilante would run around fighting crimes dressed in a thong bikini - we're talking about plausibility here, not fan service.
  • MeFan_YouJaneMeFan_YouJane PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    QT II wrote: »
    Then again, no self-respecting vigilante would run around fighting crimes dressed in a thong bikini - we're talking about plausibility here, not fan service.

Then again, superheroes are, generally speaking, implausible by nature. I'm not really sure if it would be a good idea to alienate the fanbase for the character.

I'm guessing that the costume make-over in the comics was made in preparation for the transition to the small screen so as to temper the possible backlash from the more hardcore fans.
  • Pag sumablay to, i hope he goes back to doing what he does best. I miss David E. Kelly's courtroom dramas.
  • #1 critic#1 critic PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Inamin naman niya na way out of his comfort zone ang WW.

Sa lahat ba naman ng risk ng WB, bakit sa isang taong mas kilala sa kanyang mga courtroom dramas binigay ang character na ito?? Sa casting, director pwede kang magtake ng risk, pero sa showrunner? Siguro kung kilala si Kelley bilang isang innovator, visual na direktor na yung style e su-swak sa nature nung character pwede pa, pero this?

Ewan, siguro pwede na rin, pero I'm very, VERY skeptical.

On the other hand, at least they're tackling it. Hindi napag-iiwanan si WW nung dalawa pang members ng trinity. Maybe this will finally get the Whedon-Jolie extravaganza off the ground.