Home PEx Hobbies Cars and Motoring
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

New Makati-Mandaluyong Bridge now open

Papichulo168Papichulo168 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Access from Makati is in Estrella st in Rockwell.
Access from Mandaluyong is from Barangka Drive

From Barangka Drive heading towards the new Makati-Mandaluyong Bridge

302q3ia.jpg

Mandaluyong side looking towards Makati

qznf2q.jpg

Makati side (Estrella St) looking towards the new bridge:

14tpojm.jpg

seoowp.jpg

Beware:
- Actual bridge is a two lane partitionless bridge. Probably unlighted at night.
- Some local Mandaluyong residents are straggling in the bend on the Mandaluyong side. Slow down near the bend.

Comments

• I accidentally passed through it last Friday night. I was suppose to make a right turn to JP Rizal but went up the ramp instead. :bonkself:

You're right, it's kinda dark on the Mandaluyong side and you can see the houses behind the wall.
  • razzer_risingrazzer_rising PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    OMG this is the one na nasa powerplant di ba? hmmm i wonder kung saan ko sya magagamit for shortcuts.
  • Probably explains why Makati-Mandaluyong bridge traffic was strangely light when i passed the last time.
  • Papichulo168Papichulo168 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Malamang bawas din ang traffic sa Makati Ave.

Obviousy, like the Estrella flyover, this bridge is more for the benefit of the residents and business tenants of Rockwell.
  • Is it free to pass? :D
  • Malamang bawas din ang traffic sa Makati Ave.

Obviousy, like the Estrella flyover, this bridge is more for the benefit of the residents and business tenants of Rockwell.

AFAIK the EDSA-Estrella flyover was funded by the Rockwell developer (CMIIW); They also bought the Bel Air lots next to Estrella to widen the road supposedly but ran into problems with one house who did not want to sell (so thus the road under remained narrow). Its better than let say, Eastwood where Megaworld did not even plan a proper-flowing entrance/exit and thus causing a daily traffic jam in the Libis area.
  • boyishboyish PEx Rookie ⭐
    Mas ok ito if you're coming from Mandaluyong to Rockwell. No need to go through Makati Ave traffic. ;)
  • ilan beses ko nadin ako dumaan diyan.. at night madilim pa talaga.. maybe they are still waiting for meralco to install street light... very easy access na siya, and ang laki ng tulong sa traffic...
  • hindi ko pa nasubukan dumaan diyan
  • mas shorter route ba if dadaan ako dyan instead of makati-manda bridge if pupunta ako ng shaw blvd? btw i will be coming from edsa/rockwell bridge.
  • using this route will save you a couple of minutes. Less headaches because you wont be passing manda circle. If you know the route pa libertad labas mo malapit na sa flyover nyan.
  • It still gets traffic during rush hour though as more people have discovered that bridge. If there's a consolation, you don't have to contend with PUJs/PUVs unlike Makati-Manda bridge and EDSA.
  • safe *** dumaan mga naka mio dyan?haha!