what is hematology differential count result mean?

MY NAME IS JENIFER,iM 18 YRS OF AGE. This is my hematology differential count result and what does it mean pls help me!

Segmenters H 74.00
band L 4.00
Lymphocytes L 16.00
Eosinophils 3.00
Monocytes 3.00
PLATELET COUNT L 9.00
wbc,rbc,hemoglobin hematocrit mcv,mchc ARE ALL WITHIN NORMAL VALUE RESULT ONLY THE DIFFERENTIAL COUNT RESULT IS MY PROBLEM PLS HELP ME KNOW WHAT IT MEAN/

Comments

• bleudsky_mdbleudsky_md MD, DPAFP PExer
    two threads for the same problem? hmm.. like i said in the other thread..

the differential count determines the number of each type of white blood cell present in your blood. it consists of segmenters or neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosinophils, basophils and monocytes. an abnormality among them may help us point to a specific pathology. depende kung ano ang clinical presentation ng patient, we use it as a guide to help us arrive at our diagnosis. we do not "treat the lab exam", we treat the patient instead. some laboratories are also prone to error/s.

may nararamdaman ka ba or may napapansin ka ba sa katawan mo ngayon? who requested for this lab exam (CBC with differential count)?

off-topic: to the mods, please delete either 1 of the threads. thanks!
  • edmat2edmat2 Member PExer
    nagkakapasa po ako at parang mga pulang parang blood clot tapos nanakit katawan ko , right now dumating na ang monthly period ko at mas malakas na sya kesa sa dati kong normal flow kahit 1st day plang po,i will go to a hematologist maya po ksi knakabahan na po ako sa nakikita ko na padami daming pasa na parang bukol
  • bleudsky_mdbleudsky_md MD, DPAFP PExer
    with your hematomas ("pasa" in tagalog), cbc with differential count is not the appropriate lab test for it. in diagnosing cases of anemia, pwede ang cbc but not for hematomas.

some women notice having hematomas in selected parts of their body (without being traumatised or bumped) days before the onset of their mens. but the hematomas disappear eventually.

anyways, better consult a physician (your choice a hematologist) for your peace of mind. good luck!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file