Home PEx Campus College of Saint Benilde

Animation Vs Multimedia Arts

Plano ng kaibigan mo mag-take ng ab animation o ab multimedia arts kaso lang nahirapan siya pumili ng isa. Mahilig siya daw magdrawing ng anime since bata pa. I saw her drawings and they're really good. Concern niya pagkatapos mag-graduate kung makakakuha siya ng maayos na trabaho related sa course niya. Upperclassmen and graduated students from both these courses are welcome to answer. So what would it be?

Comments

• j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MMA could open you up to a lot of job opportunities here and abroad the discipline of the course is much more varied than AB-Animation. The latter on the other hand can help you into an in-demand artist in your respective industry for the global market.

Drawing is one of the many founding skills that MMA students should possess and often times, you actually don't have to be good in drawing initially to excel in this kind of course. You have to be dedicated and also open to the possibilities of learning something new.

ABANI, unlike MMA, leans more to its title as it doesn't need to focus on too many mediums and yet the skills you will develop here will give you an edge.

Every course ahs its pros and cons. your friend needs to decide quick which of the two would benefit her more in the long-term.
  • kung kukuha siya ng AB-ANI, try niya magbago ng style before it's too late. sabihin mo mag-aral magdrawing ng anatomy. also, please note na this incoming batch 111 ng AB-ANI, 4 years na ata sila. no joke about that one kasi naiinggit kami dahil buti pa sila 4 years, mas marami silang matututunan. lastly, please let your friend think thoroughly before taking up AB-ANI and AB-MMA.
  • jc2ndlayp wrote: »
    kung kukuha siya ng AB-ANI, goodluck because anime style will not be entertained

what do you mean "not be entertained"?
  • sorry i edited my reply because it's a downer
    what do you mean "not be entertained"?

He meant that your friend should be versatile enough to do a lot of drawing styles, including the more technical stuff (which MMA people having the benefit of not having to dwell too much on that area).
  • oh so other than anime style for animation ? but even in multimedia arts her skill can be useful?
  • Yes. And if she really wants to do animation, so be it. I guarantee to you friend that he/she will learn a lot and his/her skills will be upgraded to higher levels, especially now that the curriculum for animation is revised.
  • actually she's more concerned about the job opportunities nowadays in our country (and most likely abroad)...
    Whichever one that pretty much weighs the best options for her, then she should go for that.

Me and jc2ndlayp are giving her the pros and cons of our respective courses especially on job prospects from my end. Mahirap man sakin ang MMA, I enjoyed having to go through a lot of hardship there because I really benefited on enhancing my existing skills and learning new ones as an artist/designer. Same goes probably for ABANI. :)
  • actually she's more concerned about the job opportunities nowadays in our country (and most likely abroad)...

One day she'll realize that after graduation, it is not work abroad immediately... especially if she really love art and drawing, she'll go to study more and more and more while doing a better portfolio to get that cough*PIXAR*cough job they're wanting to get
  • ^ haha ...they might be aiming for that *okay* malay mo maging kaklase mo rin silang tatlo (3 friends ko actually naguguluhan sa course since this one friend of mine brought up the topic):lol:
  • tanong ko lang po... ang MMA po ba sa CSB may subject na Photography? or sa ABPHOTO lang po meron?
    Meron. 2 required photography subjects (not sure if this is still the case for the recent batch) and several electives related to photography.
  • Totoo po pang hindi na tatanggap ng mga MMA Students ngayon?

--Okay na?
  • yeah I heard about this also, that the Multimedia Arts program will no longer be offered. Like unitl ID 110 n *** daw sila mag-aaccept. so that means from 13 degree program offerings under the School of Design and Arts, magiging 12 n ***.
    Niiru29 wrote: »
    Totoo po pang hindi na tatanggap ng mga MMA Students ngayon?

--Okay na?

I'll try to ask pero kalat na rin sa SDA ang tungkol diyan.
  • j5bata wrote: »
    I'll try to ask pero kalat na rin sa SDA ang tungkol diyan.

Well, according to my senior MMA friend's professors, the rumors are:
    --the MMA course might be separated into two different courses (one more Fine Arts-y, the other more focused on more of the digital side of things, like web development/design)
    --Freshman applicants (ID #111) of MMA might be required to submit a portfolio.. or something
    --the whole curriculum of MMA might be totally revised

But that, of course, is all talk. I'm really itching to know more about this! :confused:
  • Hi am a Multimedia Arts Graduate from CSB :) I say when you are good at drawing i mean you can draw one hundred times of the same character go and take animation! but if you can't go MMA discover other fields first then you will know where to concentrate. MMA is just a jump start of your career. But it doesn't mean you are master of it afterwards. I suggest when you'll get your course study it first. Research on it. Again Focus on your strength and nurture it! It is really an advantage for you guys because you are more exposed to internet before than we do. So take advantage of it PExers! :)
  • Niiru29 wrote: »
    Totoo po pang hindi na tatanggap ng mga MMA Students ngayon?

--Okay na?
    hindi totoo yan! accept parin :))
    banooples wrote: »
    Well, according to my senior MMA friend's professors, the rumors are:
    --the MMA course might be separated into two different courses (one more Fine Arts-y, the other more focused on more of the digital side of things, like web development/design)
    --Freshman applicants (ID #111) of MMA might be required to submit a portfolio.. or something
    --the whole curriculum of MMA might be totally revised

But that, of course, is all talk. I'm really itching to know more about this! :confused:

Expect changes on the OJT curriculum for MMA students from ID 108 and beyond starting first term next school year. No more baon points plus more required documents. Good thing I took OJT earlier.