Home PEx Campus The Academe

accounting, finance or economics?

ano mas ok kunin?

any help you guys provide will really be much appreciated
thanks! :)

Comments

• Of course, when you are looking for a good job and you want a hard road to take, accountancy is the choice.

kung sa Finance, biased ako :D hehe. Although underrated by some, you'll see the edge of this program compared to other Business Administration majors. More technical than Marketing, more analysis than Management and complements accounting.

Economics, what program? the AB Economics or Business Economics? In BSBE, it goes for a deep quantitative approach and analysis, moreover, it also has an edge in the industry.
  • Of course, when you are looking for a good job and you want a hard road to take, accountancy is the choice.

kung sa Finance, biased ako :D hehe. Although underrated by some, you'll see the edge of this program compared to other Business Administration majors. More technical than Marketing, more analysis than Management and complements accounting.

Economics, what program? the AB Economics or Business Economics? In BSBE, it goes for a deep quantitative approach and analysis, moreover, it also has an edge in the industry.

so you mean if i'll choose to major in economics? a BS is better than an AB? :) mahilig ka sa finance? what's it all about and bakit mo nasabi underrated? hehe...
  • I'm a Finance major., of course biased ako kasi yun *** pinagaaralan ko. hehe. Underated minsan kasi sinasabi sa banks ang bagsak the, what more insulting is, SANA NAG ACCOUNTING KA NA LANG. Ganun din naman yun eh. when it not. Sa design ng curriculum namin nI would say, it a unique one especially sa name palang, the only major in the Philippines, and I guess sa buong mundo

BS Business Administration Major in Finance and Treasury Management
  • xyrwynxyrwyn PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^BSBA Financial Management student here also. What are your subjects?

mahirap ang finance, you should have analytical and mathematical skills.
  • Lucrative ang career sa accounting. 3-4 year external audit sa Pinas opens a lot of doors--local and not. Pero it is boring. The not boring part is stress, which you will get a lot.

I-relate ang aaralin sa career na pwedeng ibigay sa'yo ng course. Accounting can give you a salary of nearly 200 grand PHP as early as 24 years old. Iyon nga lang, kakambal ng career mo ang stress.
  • isipin mo rin na marami kang makakakompitensya sa field pag nagtatrabaho ka na.
  • None of the above ang kinukuha kong course ngayon, pero sa palagay ko ay mas practical ang kumuha ng accounting kung ang top consideration mo ay paramihan ng job openings. Parang mas prestiguous nga lang pakinggan ang economics kaysa accounting,hehehe(at least sa akin).

@ Dakkel, Pag accounting ang course mo at sa auditing ka bumagsak ay very stressful mga siguro. Pero pag sa ibang application ay baka hindi na siguro masyado ngayon kasi automated na at computerized na ang mga applications (either in-house developed by the company or binili na commercial na accounting enterprise system).:)
  • When the world converges and agrees to use only one Accounting Bible, people who are devoted to that bible goes global. When you know IAS 39 and have had sleepless nights and never-ending deadlines somewhere near Tower 1. Aherm, it pays! A lot.
  • ^go global
  • isa pa.... mahirapa ang screening sa accounting course... ahaha.... ito na ata pinaka nakakastress na course pero kesa naman sa magmememorize ka ng medical terms....
  • 21guns wrote: »
    isa pa.... mahirapa ang screening sa accounting course... ahaha.... ito na ata pinaka nakakastress na course pero kesa naman sa magmememorize ka ng medical terms....

ay... meron bang mga medical terms sa Finance and Economics??

Di ko alam yon ah.:)
  • Somebody went straight for the mumog and missed the courses and dessert.
  • TRUE! I've met a lot of Accounting students, and its STRESS. What more sa industry? But, the stress is accompanied by a high paying job. Depende lang kung anong gusto mo. They mentioned the "Accounting Bible" , tama, learning it is your gateway to the world. A universal system, na kung accountant ka na, you can find opportunities abroad
  • xyrwyn wrote: »
    ^BSBA Financial Management student here also. What are your subjects?

mahirap ang finance, you should have analytical and mathematical skills.

yeah? from what school?

According sa course description, BSBA Finance and Treasury Management is more than just Banking and Finance or Financial Management, na sa tingin ko wala namang pinagkaiba. It edges daw, coz, it integrates courses not just the industry needs, but also with the public and several aspects. The drawbacks are, subjects are condensed, to cover a wide scope of study.

Do you have your Accounting subjects too?
    I have Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost Accounting,
    then Courses on Taxation and 3 courses on LAW.

I also have Public Finance, Monetary Policy and Central Banking, Financial Management, Risk and Insurance, dami pa haha
  • If you want a stable job after graduation, take BSA. Maraming talagang job opportunities. Stressful nga lang talaga. If you want in academe or in research(or even in business and politics), try economics. Sa finance, wala kasi akong masabi as of now(course ko kasi to :lol:). Pero interesting ang finance. Marami kang matutuklasan.
  • ^I think that depends on the school you're in.

They should open the eyes and minds of all students for the career the degree has to offer and it's up to the students to make their dreams into reality. :)
  • ^^Maybe. Our school do not teach us what is the meaning of our course. It is just like "Pag kumuha ka ng finma, pwede ka sa maging financial analyst, banker , etc." Pero I'm not saying na panget sa amin. I think the school and the faculty member's just doing their job, To Teach Us. And the search for the meaning is our job :).
  • borge543 wrote: »
    ^^Maybe. Our school do not teach us what is the meaning of our course. It is just like "Pag kumuha ka ng finma, pwede ka sa maging financial analyst, banker , etc." Pero I'm not saying na panget sa amin. I think the school and the faculty member's just doing their job, To Teach Us. And the search for the meaning is our job :).

san ka nagaaral ng FinMa?
  • AFAIK, borge543 is from AdU. tama ba? :)

You should search more than the ordinary thing within your course.

GreatLeviathan, are you taking up masteral? where?
  • Yup :). Proud to be an Adamsonian :).