Home PEx Sports NBA

What must Derrick Rose do to be the 2nd greatest Bull of all-tiime?

aseroasero PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
how about winning an MVP and a championship?
and being a perennial all-star starter for the next decade

Does he have the chance to surpass scottie pippen?
«134

Comments

  • Serious?!



    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • karlo_12karlo_12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    asero wrote: »
    how about winning an MVP and a championship?
    and being a perennial all-star starter for the next decade

    Does he have the chance to surpass scottie pippen?

    no sorry, in the hearts of the loyal bulls fans, number 1 will be his airness, and no.2 will always be scottie pip, they can never be surpassed

    or, if derrick rose can lead chicago 3, three peats, then maybe we can debate about it LOL

    ps, what about dennis rodman? toni kukoc? steve kerr? where do they rank?
  • Rocker09Rocker09 Next Gen. Tennis Star
    Well if he leads the bulls to 6 rings then maybe he can pass pippen...The jordan-pippen legacy is just too hard to emulate....
  • if he gets atleast 2 MVP's and one championship for the next 10 years. he'll still be 3rd. rodman kasi lumipat lang eh.

    pero kung ATG sa PG position, pwede pa.
  • ...

    Very very premature.

    Not hating or anything... But who knows what turns out of his career. Steve Francis was supposed to be the next great Point Guard too...
  • Kill the 1st greatest bull of all-time.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Turn back time and have the Blazers pick Jordan ahead of Chicago.
  • Jay P. MercadoJay P. Mercado Moderator PEx Moderator
    neth_row wrote: »
    Turn back time and have the Blazers pick Jordan ahead of Chicago.

    Bitterness...:rotflmao:
  • Win a ring.

    ^preferably 6 rings? to top scottie...maybe he can top rodman, but even that will be very tough...rodman is like jordan on the other side (the dark side):lol:....one of the best defenses
  • neth_row wrote: »
    Turn back time and have the Blazers pick Jordan ahead of Chicago.

    S-A-M---B-O-W-I-E :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

    On topic:

    If he wins 8 Finals MVP awards in the next 10 years, he'll be the Greatest Bull of all time, let alone the greatest player to ever play the game. :glee:
  • win 6 nba titles, do 2 3peats, win 6 Finals MVP, win a defensive player award, win an Olympic Gold medal, play in at least 10 all-star games and win at least 2 AS MVP award..

    Kaya ba nya yun?
  • retire from basketball and play baseball..:lol:
  • _Phoenix7__Phoenix7_ BEST IN THE WORLD. PEx Expert 🎖️
    I think if DRose can win, say at least 2-3 rings while CLEARLY being THE man in the team, then I think he is in the argument for the 2nd best Bull of all time.

    I love Pip, maybe even as much as MJ, AND I do believe that MJ probably would not have won 6 rings without Pip. But still, Pip is the 2nd in command in that team. Not his fault though, and being 2nd in command to the GOAT probably would make him the best player on a lot of other teams.

    Still, DRose (in the situation above) would get *extra* points for being THE Man of the "2nd" Bulls Champions. So even if his stats or skills or contribution does not better that of Pip, he would be thought of very highly.

    I have a question though; This early in his career, would one already consider DRose among the Top10 Bulls of all time? :)
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    will the real Derrick Rose please stand up? :lol:
  • karlo_12karlo_12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    _Phoenix7_ wrote: »
    I think if DRose can win, say at least 2-3 rings while CLEARLY being THE man in the team, then I think he is in the argument for the 2nd best Bull of all time.

    I love Pip, maybe even as much as MJ, AND I do believe that MJ probably would not have won 6 rings without Pip. But still, Pip is the 2nd in command in that team. Not his fault though, and being 2nd in command to the GOAT probably would make him the best player on a lot of other teams.

    Still, DRose (in the situation above) would get *extra* points for being THE Man of the "2nd" Bulls Champions. So even if his stats or skills or contribution does not better that of Pip, he would be thought of very highly.

    I have a question though; This early in his career, would one already consider DRose among the Top10 Bulls of all time? :)

    not yet, what about john paxson? cartwright? horace grant? bj armstrong? steve kerr? toni kukoc? dennis rodman? jerry sloan?
  • _Phoenix7__Phoenix7_ BEST IN THE WORLD. PEx Expert 🎖️
    karlo_12 wrote: »
    not yet, what about bill paxson? cartwright? horace grant? bj armstrong? steve kerr? toni kukoc? dennis rodman? jerry sloan?

    Fair enough. :)

    But I guess, if DRose doesn't pull a Steve Francis, then he is a lock for Top 5 Bulls eh?

    Yes, a pretty big IF, but it's not like it is impossible.
  • I doubt D. Rose will do a Steve Francis. By the looks of things and what I have been reading about this kid, he is a more mature person and being a hometown guy probably helped a lot too.
    karlo_12 wrote: »
    not yet, what about bill paxson? cartwright? horace grant? bj armstrong? steve kerr? toni kukoc? dennis rodman? jerry sloan?

    Good players but none of those guys are leaders and I did not get to see Jerry Sloan play to make a comment about him.

    But D. Rose even if he wins will never become the 2nd best in the Bulls franchise history because w/o Pippen, there would be no 6 rings even with MJ.


    3rd best will be his highest.
  • I'm a Bulls fan but this thread is too premature. Is it that difficult to wait for 10 years before making a thread like this?

    D. Rose is just 22 years old for crying out loud! Anything can happen...
  • win 7 rings, win a MVP and DPOY award, at least one scoring title, be a perennial member of the all-defensive team

    but seriously, no. he can't surpass the 2nd greatest Bull of all-time. he can only join him on the list.:D
Sign In or Register to comment.