Home PEx Sports NBA

Blake Griffin or Kevin Love?

There are a lot of on-going debate on who would you want to take in your team, Blaker Griffin and his monstrous upside and Kevin Love and his rodman-esque game with offense?
Blake Griffin: Who Would You Rather Have Blake Griffin Or Kevin Love?
By Adam Wells (Featured Columnist) on January 18, 2011

Blake Griffin: Who Would You Rather Have Blake Griffin Or Kevin Love?

Listening to Dan Patrick's National Radio show this morning, they posed an interesting question: Would you rather have Blake Griffin or Kevin Love?

Blake Griffin is having a fantastic rookie season for the Los Angeles Clippers. He makes spectacular dunks and often times leads Sportscenter highlights. He had arguably his best game yet on Monday against the Indiana Pacers when he scored 47 points and grabbed 14 rebounds. For the year he is averaging 23 points and 13 rebounds per game.

Kevin Love is having a season for the ages with Minnesota. If he can keep his averages where they are at right now (21.2 points and 15.7 rebounds) he will be the first player since Moses Malone in 1982. He is having a historic season for a bad team.

You probably couldn't go wrong with either player because they both do a number of great things. The slight edge goes to Love because he is a better pure shooter. Griffin is shooting 53 percent from the floor but a lot of his points come right at the basket. Love can shoot from anywhere on the floor and he is very good. He is shooting 47 percent overall from the field and 44 percent from three-point range.

Plus, Griffin is a great free-throw shooter, over 87 percent on the season. Until Griffin establishes that he can shoot, Love is the better option.

But like I said before, if I had to settle for one or the other I wouldn't cry about it.

Comments

• I would go with Blake he has a better upside since his game is yet to develop.
  • Blake for Offense and Athleticisim :D

Love for Defense and scrapy :D
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    Blake is just scratching the surface, I love Love's game (pun intended) but I think his game is more suited as a 2nd or 3rd option, Blake has more upside as a cornerstone

I'd like them both to make the All-Star team this season, selection headache in the West :bop:
  • fantasy wise, of course i'd rather have love. f/c eligibility, threes and better all-around shooting %'s make him a better rotto player than griffin.

but real game? i'd rather have griffin. in just his rookie year he has transformed the clippers from a laughingstock early on in the season into one of the league's furious risers as of late. he's clearly a guy you can build around, unlike love who looks like he is a better fit as a no.2 option for a contender.
  • I'd rather have Love because of his shooting. Importante yan kapag medyo nagka-edad na. Come on, we're not expecting Griffin to dunk his way all over people all throughout his career.

Of course, we're yet to see if Griffin will develop a reliable jumper. Pero si Love kase eh hanggang tres eh. Besides, we're thinking long-term here at mukhang mas okay naman health at body ni Love.
  • The potential problem for Griffin is his game is based on his athleticism and we all know that in his first year he already suffered a season-long injury. Mcdyess started his career just like Griff and fall because of his injury.

Love on the other hand uses his fundamentals in playing. Basic positioning and timely outside shooting which can prolong his career.

But I agree with most of the posters that Blake Griffin can be a franchise player as K-Love is a perfect #2 player in a championship contending team.
  • aseroasero PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Blake G hands down
    judging by yesterday's game, Blake has a reliable mid-range bank shot :lol: I'm sure down the road Blake's game will mature and he'll take less risks to remain at a high level

Love will have a lengthy career, I remember watching him in his lone year at UCLA and he had future NBA forward written all over him, he was still chubby back then :lol:
  • next KG and Duncan?

I love Love on how he plays.
  • batabatutabatabatuta PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Kung gusto mo longetivity, si Love kasi less risky ang mga shots nya

Kung gusto mo ng malakas ng chances para makakuha ng NBA ring at the same time huge Ticket sales plus endorsements marketing blah blah blah...si Griffin ang kunin mo.
    Blake is the "new" Big Ticket
  • Give some love to Love!

He is scrappy. Scores a lot from all those rebounds and has taken over the role that KG used to have for the Wolves.

Blake is going to be great, maybe even greater than Love but if you want a pure POWER forward, it's gotta be love.
  • darknight10darknight10 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    good comparison. depende yan kung ano situation ng team.
  • jazzperjazzper PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Griffin is Garnett in his prime.
  • KID=1412KID=1412 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Give some love to Love!

He is scrappy. Scores a lot from all those rebounds and has taken over the role that KG used to have for the Wolves.

The only problem with Love is the swagger that KG had which I can see in a very young Griffin..

Despite the support (or lack thereof), KG was still able to carry the Twolves in the playoffs, even made it to the WCF with E.T. (Cassell) and Sprewell as main support cast. I don't think Love can be your main man in your team. But Blake can be a solid one in the near future...
  • Blake G - higher upside. more room for improvement. future NBA superstar.
  • karlo_12karlo_12 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    every team. would love to have a kevin love on the team, cleans up the mess of his team mates, monster rebounder, potent scorer, pure fundamentals no flash...
  • love is more of a "2nd option" type of player

whereas, blake is a legit 1st option/franchise player.
  • Love is a very versatile big man. But I will go with Blake.

Athletic, has good medium range jumper, can rebound, and more than that, he's a showboat down there on the floor.