Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
'Tis the season. Happy Holidays, PExers!

AXN Beyond's BEING HUMAN (US Version)

being-human-syfy-poster-550x715.jpg

Being Human is a re-imagining of the acclaimed BBC original series that follows three 20-something roommates: A ghost, a vampire and a werewolf who are struggling to keep their dark secrets from the world, while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

The series will star Sam Witwer (Smallville, Battlestar Galactica), Meaghan Rath (The Assistants), Sam Huntington (Cavemen, Superman Returns) and Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural).

Rounding out the creative team is Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes) as director and co-executive producer, with executive producer Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth) alongside husband and wife executive producers/writers Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) and Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood).

Premieres, Feb. 2 at 9PM on AXN Beyond

Comments

• forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Sayang wala kaming AXN Beyond sa cable namin, I want to see this show pa naman :(
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Akala ko original UK version iyan...the AXN Beyond promos said so
  • AXN Beyond is airing both UK & US version
  • InsaniacInsaniac PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kakadownload ko lang ng 1st episode
  • Bakit kelangan pang i-remake yung UK version, English din naman ang language nun sana binili na lang nila yung rights to show it. Maganda kasi talaga yung British Being Human, I doubt they'll do it justice. Aidan, Lenora and Russell cannot be replaced!

forg :wave: try mo watch yung British version nito, super ganda. Hehe!
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    I watched Being Human UK version and I loved the show. So I can't help but compare. I think the US version has a better pace, it's more 'exciting' - at least for the first episode. However, I like the actors of the UK version more, especially the wolf and ghost. The actor playing the werewolf in the UK version was BRILLIANT!
  • ^Russell Tovey is brilliant indeed! *okay*
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    :wave: hardkandy (it's been awhile since you visited IMTV ah :naughty:) I've seen an episode or two of Being Human UK and I liked it too although di ko na rin nasundan. Curious ako sa treatment ng US adaptation :D

Well, I think kaya nahihilig mag adapt ang US ng mga British shows, kasi British shows don't really rate well in the US and I think overseas too probably because of the accent, ayun sa pag remake nila they can take advantage of the story and sell it to more markets
  • ^sabagay tsaka maraming nudity yung British series :lol: Kaya pang-cable lang sa US hehe.
  • MrSinisterMrSinister PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I haven't seen the UK version, but I enjoyed the 1st episode of the US version
  • I didn't like the first episode. :D
  • ubermenschubermensch PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hardkandy wrote: »
    ^sabagay tsaka maraming nudity yung British series :lol: Kaya pang-cable lang sa US hehe.

Sa cable rin naman dito sa US eh, hehehe.

I'm not really a good critic so I can only say something sucks if it really sucks. Kakatapos lang ng episode 2, and it was alright. Gusto ko rin panoorin ang BBC version pag magkaroon ng chance.
  • Episode 2 is just fine. I haven't watch the UK version pa so I can't tell which is better. Malamang yung original hehe
  • This week's Being Human, “Something to Watch Over Me,” saw all three characters coming to realizations about themselves. Since all of them have been in their current states for varying amounts of time, the struggles they encounter are met alone.
  • I watch the UK version.. and I haven't caught up to the latest season yet which is why I'm pretty... hesitant to watch the US version. Siguro iipunin ko na lang yung episodes para isang upuan na lang. Marathon kung baga :lol:
  • Still an awesome trio for Episode 5. Talk about losing something that the characters were holding.
  • The US version has just kicked off and it has been really awesome six episodes in. It's a fairly straight forward setting - two guys who work in the same hospital decide to live together to get a shot at a normal life. They're not that normal though - one of them is a vampire and the other is a werewolf. When they move into their house, they find out that there's a ghost who's already living there. :D

It's fairly intense and it does get really deep at some parts when you really think about it. If you're looking for another show to watch, I recommend that you check this one out.

---

Thanks for the merge, Mods! :D
  • "It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Wrong" is kinda dull. I don't want to spoil what happened but the previous episodes are definitely better.
  • It's NOT that dull. It was okay. :) Each episode keeps on making the setup more complicated without seeming too contrived. :)
  • budiluvsbakbudiluvsbak PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Ghost girl is the weakest link of this show. Girl playing her is terribly miscast.