Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment

Fans of Latin Telenovelas (Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, etc.)

Hello to all! Sino po rito ang fan ng Mexican telenovelas! Let this thread be a channel to all of us...

Gracias!

Comments

• #1 critic#1 critic PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hellow! Kahit ano pang local show ang dumaan, Marimar parin ang first love ko.

Kasama din po ba sa thread na 'to ang ibang latin telenovelas? Like from Brazil, Argentina, at Colombia, pati yung mga original productions ng Univision at Telemundo?

And how about all the remaking going on? Tatlong beses na atang naremake ang original story ng pasion de gavilanes?

LOL. Di rin halatang adik e no?
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Guilty pleasure ko ang mexicanovelas :glee:

Altagracia, di ko ito nasundan actually since hapon ito pinalabas before sa ABS CBN pero napanood ko ang last few episode nito ang I really loved the story of this show, ang creepy and love the twist and turns ng story.

Next favorite ko ang Rubi! Nakakatuwang nakakainis kasi si Rubi and very hot pa :naughty:

I liked all the Thalia Telenovelas shown here,iba talaga charisma ni Thalia eh :love:
    Favorite ko din before yung Daniela na pinalabasa tuwing tanghali sa Ch.2 kasi ang ganda ganda ng bida :D Nagustuhan ko din before yung Luz Clarita, Esmeralda and Acapulco na pinalabas sa RPN9 dati. And although hindi ito mexicanovela, I also liked Betty La Fea sa GMA7 before.

I actually like write dubbing scripts for some telenovelas and nagustuhan ko yung El Cartel de los Sapos ng Colombia, hindi sya typical telenovela kasi it's not about romance but about the drug cartel in Colombia, action packed and engrossing ang story.
  • C.I.C.C.IC.I.C.C.I PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the only telenovela i watched in it's entirety is this

LC.JPG

...spoken in Spanish with English subtitle...was brushing up on my conversational Spanish....

I can't say I enjoyed it since watching it is just too full of anger/angst...to much drama....and too much for the soul.

Do you get this feeling too ?
    Not really. Mostly because I think I just got my proper dose of angsty angst with La Viuda de Blanco (RPN 9). Plus Rubi was soo sexy.hehe
    forg wrote: »

Altagracia, di ko ito nasundan actually since hapon ito pinalabas before sa ABS CBN pero napanood ko ang last few episode nito ang I really loved the story of this show, ang creepy and love the twist and turns ng story.

Next favorite ko ang Rubi! Nakakatuwang nakakainis kasi si Rubi and very hot pa :naughty:

I liked all the Thalia Telenovelas shown here,iba talaga charisma ni Thalia eh :love:
    Favorite ko din before yung Daniela na pinalabasa tuwing tanghali sa Ch.2 kasi ang ganda ganda ng bida :D Nagustuhan ko din before yung Luz Clarita, Esmeralda and Acapulco na pinalabas sa RPN9 dati. And although hindi ito mexicanovela, I also liked Betty La Fea sa GMA7 before.

I actually like write dubbing scripts for some telenovelas and nagustuhan ko yung El Cartel de los Sapos ng Colombia, hindi sya typical telenovela kasi it's not about romance but about the drug cartel in Colombia, action packed and engrossing ang story.
    Thalia rocks my socks! Seriously. I can watch this woman all day.

I hear most Brazilian soaps are like that. Sana naman may makuha tayo from Venezuela kagaya nung isang pinalabas sa channel 5 dati.

Can somebody please bring back the 90s era La Duena? That was hot.

If you guys could bring back one telenovela, just one, which would it be? Out na si Thalia kasi super classic na siya. Me, La Usurpadora featuring the divine Gabriela Spanic.

Colungasurf.jpg
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Privilegio del Amar, Camila, Rubi, the Thalia soaps, Luz Clarita are among my faves.

Iyung mga hindi galing Mexico (or at least I know they aren't): Letty la Fea, US-based soaps Gata Salvaje and Inocente de ti, Pasion de Amor/Gavilanes, Cuando Seas Mia/Paloma, Romantica, Altagracia, La Usurpadora/Paulina, Maria Jose, Dos Amores/Amores Descarado, and the list goes on and on.

At siyempre the only telenovela that was vastly different from the typical soap: MIRADA de MUJER. a lot of the scenes were taped on location (no sets and many exterior scenes) and the focus is always on the core cast at hindi pakalat-kalat ang mga supporting characters.
    ^Wait, is this about the older woman whose husband was cheating on her? Yung sa channel 2?

Which one is your favorite? I find na binabalikbalikan ko ang ensemble ng Pasion de Gavilanes.
  • j5bataj5bata PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Re: Mirada, yup iyun nga iyon and then she ended up having a loving relationship with a younger man. At tame pa doon si Barbara Mori :D

Ang dami ko kasing favorites sa genre na iyan kaya wala akong all-time na paborito.

Pasion de Gavilanes started so slow (at least with how ABS stretched the series into almost 2 years) but it got really exciting towards the end when the Elizondo matriarch went from looking like a thinner version of Charito Solis to a Latina version of Cherie Gil the moment she went cougar over her daughter's ex-husband.
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yung Soltiero ang sagwa.

often times i hop around Telemundo, Univision, etc for something interesting.

but i ended up watching Caliente.

or anything bikini wearing shows. :lol:
    j5bata wrote: »
    Re: Mirada, yup iyun nga iyon and then she ended up having a loving relationship with a younger man. At tame pa doon si Barbara Mori

Ang dami ko kasing favorites sa genre na iyan kaya wala akong all-time na paborito.

Pasion de Gavilanes started so slow (at least with how ABS stretched the series into almost 2 years) but it got really exciting towards the end when the Elizondo matriarch went from looking like a thinner version of Charito Solis to a Latina version of Cherie Gil the moment she went cougar over her daughter's ex-husband.
    Wait, si Barbara Mori yun?!?! *awestruck* Kunsabagay. . .

That was a surprise I did not see coming. She went cougar before the name even stuck. Kaya love ko rin ang PdG e. Plus Sara/Franco shipper ako noon.

Another telenovela I loved was Lazos de Amor. That last twist with Maria Paula left my jaw on the floor.
    topnotch97 wrote: »
    yung Soltiero ang sagwa.

often times i hop around Telemundo, Univision, etc for something interesting.

but i ended up watching Caliente.

or anything bikini wearing shows. :lol:
    All telenovela all the time ba yang dalawang yan? Sheht dream ko yun.
  • Yup, sure. This thread is open to all Latin telenovela fanatics from the Philippines. Thanks for your reply. Ako rin, super love ko ang Mexican telenovelas. My current favorite is "El Triunfo del Amor", which is currently shown in Mexico.
  • #1 critic wrote: »

Kasama din po ba sa thread na 'to ang ibang latin telenovelas? Like from Brazil, Argentina, at Colombia, pati yung mga original productions ng Univision at Telemundo?

And how about all the remaking going on? Tatlong beses na atang naremake ang original story ng pasion de gavilanes?

Yup, sure. This thread is open to all Latin telenovela fanatics from the Philippines. Thanks for your reply. Ako rin, super love ko ang Mexican telenovelas. My current favorite is "El Triunfo del Amor", which is currently shown in Mexico.
  • C.I.C.C.I wrote: »
    the only telenovela i watched in it's entirety is this

LC.JPG

...spoken in Spanish with English subtitle...was brushing up on my conversational Spanish....

I can't say I enjoyed it since watching it is just too full of anger/angst...to much drama....and too much for the soul.

Do you get this feeling too ?
    A Philippine version was made some years ago... but I still believe that the original one will always be the best.
  • #1 critic wrote: »

I like Colombia's "La Viuda de Blanco". Napanood mo ba yun?
  • forg wrote: »

Napalabas ba rito yung "El Cartel de los Sapos"? If yes, sayang at hindi ko napanood. Betty La Fea is originally from Colombia...
  • topnotch97topnotch97 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MamboCafe wrote: »
    My current favorite is "El Triunfo del Amor", which is currently shown in Mexico.

as long as it is raunchy and hot....that's a telenovela fer ya.

like Sortilegio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt4jiQPrub4

^^ story wise is thrown out here and there, and then more and more sex.
  • Mexican ba yung ALGUNA VEZ TENDREMOS ALAS ? yung dating pinalabas sa RPN 9.
    gusto ko ng copy ng telenovela na iyan.
    i love the tandem of Humberto Zurita and Kate Del Castillo. :love:
    Anita and Guillermo !!! :)
  • Shimmering wrote: »
    Mexican ba yung ALGUNA VEZ TENDREMOS ALAS ? yung dating pinalabas sa RPN 9.
    gusto ko ng copy ng telenovela na iyan.
    i love the tandem of Humberto Zurita and Kate Del Castillo. :love:
    Anita and Guillermo !!! :)
    Yup, it's Mexican... Gusto ko yung "entrada"/opening theme nun...
  • MamboCafe wrote: »
    Yup, it's Mexican... Gusto ko yung "entrada"/opening theme nun...

yup with Humberto Zurita conducting and the flying eagle. the title of the soap is also the title of the opening theme.

hay sana may DVD copy nito. would like to own one.
    kilig ang tandem ni Humberto Zurita (kahit matanda na hehehe) and Kate Del Castillo!!! bagay na bagay sila.:love:
This discussion has been closed.