The Philippines jumped in rankings!!!

FatLampardFatLampard The Lion of Stamford Bridge PExer
Kudos to FilipinoFootball.blogspot.com for pointing this out:

The Philippines jumped 13 places UP in the FIFA World Rankings and is now ranked 152nd!! This is the HIGHEST EVER RANK the national team has achieved!

Filipino football is really starting to find its feet. :)

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Comments

• stokecitystokecity Member PExer
    that's nice!
  • SenClayDavisSenClayDavis The one who knocks PExer
    bakit pang-ilan ba tayo dati? 500th?
  • FatLampardFatLampard The Lion of Stamford Bridge PExer
    195 ang pinakamababa natin noong 2006... :)
  • TheClockworks8TheClockworks8 Banned by Admin PExer
    yup this is very encouraging news! we have another tournament this week and i am confident we are going to do well. if we beat east timor, cambodia and laos with tons of goals then were going to get more pts and overtake crap countries like malaysia, maldives and thailand. i hope those countries languish at the bottom. PHILIPPINES NUMBER 1!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
  • TheClockworks8TheClockworks8 Banned by Admin PExer
    http://filipinofootball.blogspot.com/2010/10/afc-challenge-cup-philippines-vs.html

yup more tournaments next year FEb 2011... its a home and away format so make sure that you get behind the team when they play at home for the playoff for the AFC Challenge Cup.

North Korea will be playing in that tournament... straight of the gulag.
  • thescenethescene Member PExer
    I think the team should set a goal of being in the top 6 by the next aff cup in two years time. That way we will be getting an automatic spot in the main tournament that year.
  • jvandreadjvandread Member PExer
    congrats to Philippine Football sana mag tuloy tuloy na ang pag taas ng ranking.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    yep. I saw this on FB, sana next time nasa page 3 na tayo ng rankings sa FIFA (meaning we have cracked the top 150), as for now, we're the best of the worst :lol:

and konti na lang lamang ng mga SEA neighbors natin, go Azkals!
  • crocopiecrocopie Luis Suarez No. 7 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Again, my expectations aren't very high. We'd be lucky if we tied with Vietnam, who is now the darling in the Suzuki Cup.
  • rationalrational Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yep. I saw this on FB, sana next time nasa page 3 na tayo ng rankings sa FIFA (meaning we have cracked the top 150), as for now, we're the best of the worst :lol:

and konti na lang lamang ng mga SEA neighbors natin, go Azkals!

Hey, we're ahead of Cambodia, Laos and Brunei, so we're not kulelat in ASEAN. And only 3 rungs below Malaysia. Next target should be to pass Malaysia.
  • CaptainCharismaCaptainCharisma Moderator PEx Moderator
    rational wrote: »
    Hey, we're ahead of Cambodia, Laos and Brunei, so we're not kulelat in ASEAN. And only 3 rungs below Malaysia. Next target should be to pass Malaysia.

I meant the traditional SEA powers
  • baklah_akobaklah_ako Account Suspended by Admin PExer
    Jusme naman, wala namang maitutulong ang Football para sa overall championship kahit sa SEA Games. Pero ok na rin ito sa mg football fanatics
  • TigercubTigercub UST MD PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    with the win vs. Timor Leste yesterday, is it safe to say that RP is now ahead of #150th ranked Tajikistan and Bangladesh? :D
  • tsong_gotsong_go WELL.... PExer
    Syempre naman mahalaga ito. Eyes on the prize people, WC qualification! The boys need experience from playing internationally, and this is one of those.
  • la_traviesala_traviesa Member PExer
    FatLampard wrote: »
    Kudos to FilipinoFootball.blogspot.com for pointing this out:

The Philippines jumped 13 places UP in the FIFA World Rankings and is now ranked 152nd!! This is the HIGHEST EVER RANK the national team has achieved!

Filipino football is really starting to find its feet. :)

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

Still far from the elite group, but this is indeed good news! *okay* Kung matino sana ang mga namamahala sa PFF, we'll do even better.
  • it is nice to read some good news.. *okay*
  • robertbrian23robertbrian23 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    good news indeed. Azkals!!! Azkals!!! Azkals!!!
    a win against cambodia would really put some shockwavez against malaysia, thailand and indonesia. ^_^x
  • Hope they can sustain this! I still wanna see us in FIFA sometime in my lifetime! :)
  • TheClockworks10TheClockworks10 Banned by Admin PExer
    alrighty.... maganda performance nila exceeding everyones expectations sigurado mataas jump natin sa rankings. currently we sit at 151 and on top of page 4 in the fifa rankings... where do you think we will find ourselves in when the rankings table updates on the 14/12/2010? hmmm... hula ko... papasok tayo sa 130. dahil naka draw tayo sa malalaking teams, at sa malaking panalo against vietnam.

prediction ko - 137!

jump by 14 places! too bold to be true? ahihihi
  • mhicephmhiceph Member PExer
    14 places is a bit too much :D but let's hope for the best *okay*

Indonesia could also find itself on a higher ranking since they are also doing well recently...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file