Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

Where can i buy affordable books?

fictional, non-fictional etc etc. any theme will do as long as it is good.. hehehe and what book/s can you recommend me? thank you!:)

Comments

• anima9anima9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    If you're not picky about quality, BOOKSALE (I know one in Cubao near Gateway and in EDSA Central Mall) sells 2nd hand books, mags, and comics. But they also sell new copies but 2nd hand copies are their main selling item.

If you chance NBS on a sale, they offer buy 1 take 1s or a few malls (like the one in Robinson's Galleria) sell books reduced to around 20-30% of their original price just for the sake of profiting from them.

Powerbooks, for some odd reason, sell books at a lower price than any other bookstores in the country.

As for recommendations, you have to tell us what you're into.
  • Go to the top floor of National bookstore Cubao ( the one near Gateway). They're selling old stock for 20-30 pesos, hardcovers for as low as 75. That was a month ago but I doubt they'll raise prices those books have been there for years and nobody's buying them.
  • i'm into anything.hehe but if you can recommend me a twilight-like story (corny! haha) or any moving story or trivial or anything that could make think will be great. :)
    ^Fallen by Lauren Kate
  • Bhodi Li wrote: »
    Go to the top floor of National bookstore Cubao ( the one near Gateway). They're selling old stock for 20-30 pesos, hardcovers for as low as 75. That was a month ago but I doubt they'll raise prices those books have been there for years and nobody's buying them.
    *okay*
    NBS cybermall branch in eastwood has the same offer
    ---
    aside from booksale, you can also buy cheap secondhand books at chapters and pages
  • dark_halfdark_half PEx Rookie ⭐
    anima9 wrote: »
    If you're not picky about quality, BOOKSALE (I know one in Cubao near Gateway and in EDSA Central Mall) sells 2nd hand books, mags, and comics. But they also sell new copies but 2nd hand copies are their main selling item.

If you chance NBS on a sale, they offer buy 1 take 1s or a few malls (like the one in Robinson's Galleria) sell books reduced to around 20-30% of their original price just for the sake of profiting from them.

Powerbooks, for some odd reason, sell books at a lower price than any other bookstores in the country.

As for recommendations, you have to tell us what you're into.

Saan sa Gateway yung BOOKSALE?
    ^I said near gateway. Sa labas sya located. Malapit sa farmer's. Ginamit ko lang yung gateway para maging landmark.
  • Ako kasi bumibili sa may recto lang...doon talaga mura!
  • dark_halfdark_half PEx Rookie ⭐
    weemall wrote: »
    Ako kasi bumibili sa may recto lang...doon talaga mura!

Saan sa may recto?
  • anima9 wrote: »
    ^I said near gateway. Sa labas sya located. Malapit sa farmer's. Ginamit ko lang yung gateway para maging landmark.

ang sarap mamili dyan!! salamat anima9! :)
  • dark_half wrote: »
    Saan sa may recto?

Sa may harap ng National Bookstore.
  • U shud try St. Francis Square. May isang kiosk dun sa ground floor na nagbebenta ng books. Mura siya compared to National and some are brand new. :p
  • weemall wrote: »
    Sa may harap ng National Bookstore.

meron din sa gilid.
  • chicco08 wrote: »
    U shud try St. Francis Square. May isang kiosk dun sa ground floor na nagbebenta ng books. Mura siya compared to National and some are brand new. :p

thanks! mapuntahan nga yan. ;)
  • ginnyweaslyginnyweasly PEx Rookie ⭐
    BookSale sa SM MOA.. BookSale sa Alphaland near MRT Magallanes..