Home PEx Campus
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

mas mahirap daw ang IT kesa ACCOUNTANCY

my computer teacher is accountancy major. pero IT expert na sya ngayon kasi nag aral at nag masteral pa sya ng IT . then she told me na mas mahirap daw ang IT kesa accountancy? :confused::confused:

Comments

• RamboMapuaRamboMapua PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    IT/Engr = logic/algorithms/maths etc

accountancy/commerce = theories/policies/taxation etc
  • Accounting pa rin.

Wala masyadong binabasa sa comsci, karamihan intensive lang talaga sa logic mo.
    zevil89 wrote: »
    Accounting pa rin.

Wala masyadong binabasa sa comsci, karamihan intensive lang talaga sa logic mo.

Most of the top companies nowadays eh may hawak ng core operations nila dati eh accounting but now IT na or join forces IT/accounting..hinde na kasi kaya ihandle more data, accurate computations etc.. but nasa tao na den un paano ihandle

accounting kasi more on refering to manuals or parang may guidelines na sinusunod and IT kasi flexible pwede mag manuals or sariling diskarte(LOGIC)..

edge ng IT kasi maari nya interpreten ginagawa sa operation/accounting kaya may IT AUDIT etc, like automation of mga system kaya less na workforce nang accounting kasi computers/program/system na gagawa pati may VALIDATION na den naproproduce IT-Programs sa mga operation.

LOGIC = need magbasa, mgupdate sa technology etc para makapagproduce ng LOGIC ^___^
  • um... Comsci student here. I dunno if mas mahirap ang I.T. sa accounting but I'm sure that Comsci is harder than accounting or if not, they are equally hard. We had accounting last sem and my I.T. classmates really performed very well in accounting. My professor in accounting is also an accountant but she really admires programmers because of their logic. Plus both I.T. and Comsci had tons of maths compared to Accountancy. Not to mention that some math subjects of CS and IT are the same with engineering courses.

AFAIK. logic == common sense, that's the most important asset you should have in programming. But if you are able to apply your math on programming, then that's better.

But still, I have deep respect to accounting majors because they are able to memorize those terms like depreciation, accrued liabilities, etc (I hate memorization! :P )... plus their course is also mainly about analysis like CS, IT, and engineering courses.
  • JulieMarBoyJulieMarBoy PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ Hello, the question that the TS was trying to raise was very relative. Kaya hindi mo rin masasabi kung ano yung mas mahirap sa dalawa.
    One more thing, I had a grade of 1 sa comp. programming last sem and I enjoyed the subject. Hehe.
  • wow. ang talino mo naman pala. baka mamaya html lang yang sinasabi mong programming.
    ^ Hindi naman. Hehe.
  • piovertwopiovertwo PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^^OffT: HTML is not a programming language. It's a markup language. Hence the name "Hypertext Markup Language." (Don't think that it's for the sake of attacking you. I just cringe every time someone calls HTML a programming language)
    Ayos lang. Hehe. Not a big deal.
    lonelyrice wrote: »
    wow. ang talino mo naman pala. baka mamaya html lang yang sinasabi mong programming.

It was actually Introduction to C Language.
  • @piovertwo : ok lang pre. Apparently, wala namang software na gawa sa html. Kaya di din sya matatawag na programming language.
    @JulieMarBoy : kaya pala. Akala ko Data Struct na yang sinasabi mong programming haha. :)

sorry for being off topic :)
  • I really don't get why ComSci/IT students keep on comparing these two courses. I had a roommate taking up ComSci who kept on nagging me that her course was more difficult than mine.

I already finished two IT subjects. Comparing it to financial accounting, I'd pick the latter as the more difficult, nosebleed-inducing one.

Well sabi nga nila, "Walang namang madaling course", so siguro parehong mahirap lang talaga. :D
  • I guess it really depends on the person's bias, interest, abilities.
  • pishposh wrote: »
    I really don't get why ComSci/IT students keep on comparing these two courses. I had a roommate taking up ComSci who kept on nagging me that her course was more difficult than mine.

I already finished two IT subjects. Comparing it to financial accounting, I'd pick the latter as the more difficult, nosebleed-inducing one.

Well sabi nga nila, "Walang namang madaling course", so siguro parehong mahirap lang talaga. :D

kahit saang course, may ganong mga estudyante. pero so far, mga engineering at i.t. students lang talaga ang nakakasalamuha ko :naughty:
  • pexer26pexer26 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i quit accounting in my second sem of second year to pursue IT.

accounting is tedious and really gave me a hard time so i quit. you refer to your books more than solving the problem alone. and when i say books, colossal-thick books.

on the programming, you refer to your logic more to solve the problem and backing it up with the familiarity of syntax. ex. sa java, you can't use the mod operation on a double integer. pwede lang sa int yung mod operation. once you're familiar with the syntax, you're good to go.
  • Not all programming languages have the same syntax, look at assembly language and cobol, those languages are far harder despite having simple syntax. IT is not all about programming. I think networking is much harder compared to programming. Though I'm not an IT student at all but I know much about their curriculum.

So far I haven't met an accounting major who shifted to IT. But I know accounting gave me headaches as much as programming does. I prefer math over programming and accounting. :lol:
    Full Programming == Algorithms(Math/Equations)/ Logic ^____^

if(FullProgramming == null)
    {
    this.close
    }
    else
    {
    return hard;
    }
  • pexer26pexer26 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    lonelyrice wrote: »
    Not all programming languages have the same syntax, look at assembly language and cobol, those languages are far harder despite having simple syntax. IT is not all about programming. I think networking is much harder compared to programming. Though I'm not an IT student at all but I know much about their curriculum.

So far I haven't met an accounting major who shifted to IT. But I know accounting gave me headaches as much as programming does. I prefer math over programming and accounting. :lol:

kaya nga i said, you need to learn the syntax of the specific language you use. you need to study it and be familiar with it.
  • stepehenyan@12[email protected] PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    wag mo muna isipin kung ano mahirap sa dalawa ang tanong makakahanap ka ba agad ng work!?
  • imnotsam wrote: »
    I guess it really depends on the person's bias, interest, abilities.

Super like! *okay* Plus, the professor's method of teaching. :D