I have a cold! HELP!

What's the fastest way to remove this cold that I have?

Okay, I'll give the details:
I always have a cold during the rainy season. I mean, always, as in every year I have this. And I want this to stop....

Comments

• IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    Unfortunately, there's really not much you can do in regard to that. Once you develop colds, there's not much you can do except to ride it out. You develop colds during rainy season because there is increased risk for viruses to spread among people because of the greater time spent indoors in rainy weather. There are more than 200 types of rhinoviruses, and it's impossible and nonfeasible to become immune to all of them, or even most of them. You can decrease your chances of developing colds by keeping your defenses up (frequent handwashing, taking vitamin C) and reducing your exposure to people with colds. You can, however, decrease your chances of getting the flu caused by the influenza virus by getting immunization shots. I'm not sure how much this is, but you can easily check with your family doctor about this.

Be sure that it's not allergic rhinitis, though, which can sometimes triggered by climate changes. You can roughly tell them apart thus: Symptoms of colds are fever, white, yellow or greenish mucus, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes ("kulani"), and a general feeling of being sick/tired. Symptoms of allergic rhinitis are normal temperature, clear mucus, red/itchy eyes, sneezing, coughs which worsen at night, and symptoms lasting for weeks or even months.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file