Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Tip: Here's an Emoji Cheatsheet for your reference.

book for beginner

im not a bookworm

not usually a type of person who reads everyday..
i don't read books at all

**but ano prefer niyong book na hindi mahaba? yung hindi masyado malalim and easy to understand? yung hindi booring. ^^

i have a weak vocabulary.. hehe. kaya minsan hindi ko alam meaning pag nagbabasa ko.

thx for future responses. :)

Comments

• kim Gkim G PEx Rookie ⭐
    start with newspaper or big kids book.
    reading will widen your vocabulary,expand your way of thinking,will take you to places and will meet people of all sorts.

pag hindi mo maintindihan ang words,there is the dictionary and as you keep reading,maiintindihan mo ang meaning thru its context and how it is applied.

good luck and hope you will continue reading.
  • kim- thanks!

actually, 1 book palang natapos ko. which is harry potter and the half blood prince. hehe
    harry potter book is not a ho hum book.it will overhaul your imagination and concentration.

i remember my 13 and 10 y.o. reading harry potter,di mo sila makausap at ayaw paistorbo habang nagbabasa:)
  • Why not read a book about your other interests? If you like cars,buy a book about cars. If you like sports, read a book about sports. That'll probably make the transition easier.

What are your other interests and I'll give you some recommendations based on that.
  • F-A SoldierF-A Soldier PEx Rookie ⭐
    I agree with bhodi li about interests. But we also never know unless we read. I mean just because you haven't don't mean you can't and probably be interested in other things. If you stick the usual, well you'll never know whether you like certain things or not.

As for, 'my vocab is weak.' Well that's why you need to read more. MOST of the time if you don't understand a certain word, you can look it up (write it down) and by context you usually know what it means.
  • anima9anima9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I recommend "The Little Prince" as a starting book.

Teka, di naman bata si TS eh :lol: natawa ako dun sa "big kids book". Di ako fan ng mga self-help books pero dun nag-start yung pagiging book worm ng friend ko in college.

Ewan ko lang kung anung self-help book ang trip mo pero generally mura lang sila at yung tipong okay lang bilhin kahit second hand (booksale?).
    ^^ when i said big kids books, i mean the wimpy kid series or series of unfortunate events.
  • tama. 20+ nako. pero ok naman ang series and wimpy book. haha.

i've seen the movies.

@all- thanks guys! my interest is about technology and stuff. i'll just try to read if i have time. ^^
  • anima9anima9 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    kim G wrote: »
    ^^ when i said big kids books, i mean the wimpy kid series or series of unfortunate events.

Young adult books po ang tawag natin dyan. :)

Sorry kung naka offend ako. Yung term kasi eh :lol:
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum. :)
    anima9 wrote: »
    Young adult books po ang tawag natin dyan. :)

Sorry kung naka offend ako. Yung term kasi eh :lol:

non taken.in my side of the world,sa kids section makikita yang mga books mentioned,actually my kids read them when they were about 7 or 8 y.o.