COMMUNITY NOTICE: Please send your reports, concerns and other inquiries to admin "pexer99". This account will handle all community functions for PinoyExchange. You can also email us at [email protected] For category related concerns, you can also send a message to one of our moderators. Check the updated list of moderators here

WAVE 89.1 : Home of R&B and soulful black music

reybeldereybelde zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PExer
Guys, haven't you noticed of a change in the frequency 89.1 lately? We all know that the frequency's station is 89DMZ (Danze Music Zone), but lately I've noticed of a program format change and even the name -- hence, Wave 89.1. They are playing smooth stuff, not to mention R&B and easy listening tunes from past to present, though they play a little jazz which is akin to the style of [email protected] Besides, Joe D'Mango has transfered to that station and his Love Notes will premiere there on March 9. Mister Dean, can you please give us the info about that i.e. who runs the station and stuff?

Try listening there...it's as if you're on the other side of the planet and is truly relaxing. :)

Comments

• Mister DeanMister Dean www.GannsDeen.com PExer
    Hi reybelde!

I haven't heard anything about it, although I have noticed that 89.1 is playing a lot more slow tunes.

If anyone is in on the apparent format change, any information you can give us will be much appreciated. On my part, I'll check with some of my sources on it.
  • cartman7110cartman7110 Member PExer
    thus di na baduy yung 89.1

i kinda like it! parang mix ng 96.3 (my all time fave) with [email protected] and klite 103.5.
  • reybeldereybelde zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PExer
    Originally posted by cartman7110
    thus di na baduy yung 89.1

i kinda like it! parang mix ng 96.3 (my all time fave) with [email protected] and klite 103.5.

Then sinong nakabili? Is it Quest, the same guys which own Magic, RT, K-Lite and Citylite or is it Joe D'Mango did a Francis Lumen of sorts? Just asking.

Mister Dean, thanks for the appreciation...:)
  • huggieshuggies Kamatis PExer
    Good Morning peeps... Great station.. relaxing stuff. A mix between Wrock, MellowTouch and Joey. For now, there are zero commercials... I hope they minimize it... happy listening!
  • pay_seepay_see Member PExer
    i am a magic899 freak and i also listen to lovenotes
    pero nagyon Joe d mango was now in that station......
    i just dont know if i still support LOVENOTES coz i only support magic but still like ko kasi yung lovenotes eh so i dont know if i listen to that.
    Got this info from somebody I know. Hope you correct me if I'm wrong, Mister Dean.

The frequency (89.1) was bought from IBC-13 (the owners of 89DMZ) through a bidding (sponsored by the government?, cause DMZ was a sequestered property of the government) by BlockBuster Broadcasting Systems, Inc. which is actually a company of Quest Broadcasting Systems Inc. which operates Magic 89.9, 99.5 RT, 103.5 K-Lite, and CityLite 88.3. Which means, with their acquisition of the frequency, which they renamed Wave 89.1, Quest will own 5 stations in the Metro alone...is it somewhat illegal or it is fishy out there?

As for Joe D'Mango, he was designated by Quest to be their new station manager, said Leah Salterio of the Inquirer. (Tutal Joe D'Mango and Salterio are both Inquirer columnists)

:)
  • bLaCkbLaCk Member PExer
    when it was on its first week, i listened to it all day
    because the tunes they played were mga pang Sunday Slowdown ng 89.9. As in suave...smooth RnB slow jams talaga...

but i don't really listen to it that much anymore since
    nahaluan ng mga senti songs...

better than DMZ, though...
  • Pinalitan na ang 89.1 DMZ ng Wave 89.1... and it's the complete opposite of DMZ!!!

Bye, bye dance, Hello R&B!!!

Senti galore!
    Love songs galore!
    R&B galore!!!

Anyone there starting to become fans of this station?!

:smokin:
  • psychicKpsychicK Member PExer
    i agree!!!!!!!

ts rily rily gr8....gr8 enuf to listn to in d day kse laid back music and frm tym to tym upbeat...evn better listn to it b4 goin to bed for some heavenly snooze.. :)

don't mind if they repeat their playlist since tis all the way good.

89.1 rules!

• cartman7110cartman7110 Member PExer
    love the mix of songs in the station.

yung nga lang love notes nan dito na rin.
  • JUNXB102JUNXB102 Member PExer
    Okay siya, lalo na pag pini-play nila yung kanta ni Adam Sandler sa last scene sa Wedding Singer.....

Nice selections, nakaka-clear ng utak lalo na pag pauwi ka na, sarap makinig dito......very relaxing...
  • B9rbieB9rbie ...zzz... PExer
    Originally posted by White Shadow
    Pinalitan na ang 89.1 DMZ ng Wave 89.1... and it's the complete opposite of DMZ!!!

Anyone there starting to become fans of this station?!

:smokin:

count me in! :) love it when they play Till they take my Heart away...Weak and songs that were released in the 90s-97s :)

isa pa konti lang daldal + commercial breaks

kelan nga ba yung LOVE notes? hindi ko na catch yun e...

sino na yung owner ng 89.1? same owner diff management? or yung TM na rin yung owner kasi yung LOVE notes nalipat doon??!?!
  • IceAngelIceAngel poof. PExer
    I discovered this radio station when it was late at night and I needed good background music while I write, and when I heard them play "Again" by Janet Jackson, I stayed with that station. And right after that they played the acapella version of "Four Seasons" (I think that's the title) by Boyz II Men. Let's say that I loved this radio station ever since.

Nakakainis nga lang na may Love notes. Medyo masyado nang senti for my taste. :)
    Originally posted by B9rbie
    ...sino na yung owner ng 89.1? same owner diff management? or yung TM na rin yung owner kasi yung LOVE notes nalipat doon??!?!

Great station though.

For your information, it is now Magic 89.9 dwTM which owns that frequency. Well said, B9rbie, Quest Broadcasting's off-shoot company BlockBuster Broadcasting Systems which incidentally owns neighbor station Citylite 88.3 bought the frequency (89.1) after a government-sponsored bidding last December since 89.1DMZ was a sequestered asset of the government. Imagine 3 radio stations in a single tuner block (88.3, 89.1 and 89.9) owned by a single entity -- Quest?

As for Love Notes, Joe D'Mango was just re-assigned to be the new station manager of Wave 89.1, in which naturally ililipat na rin nya dun yung show nya because Magic tends to have a younger audience these days with their new format.

Now, Quest owns 5 stations -- Magic 89.9 as the lead/master station and the vassal/"slave" stations 99.5 RT, 103.5 K-Lite, Citylite 88.3, and now, Wave 89.1.

Isn''t this one company controlling 5 FM stations ILLEGAL? This is somewhat PATHETIC!!! :silly: Can our new Congress, after the May elections, make a check about this because I smell a new FM monopoly in the works...

:lol:
    Nga pala, for those who would wanna catch the premiere of Love Notes on Wave 89.1, it will start tomorrow (Friday, March 9). I just dunno kung anong oras, maybe the same time as yung dati. Tutal Magic din naman ang me-ari ng Wave di ba? :lol:
  • MygzMygz Namie's Husband PExer
    i love that station, sobra! :D

whoa, interesting info, reybelde... no wonder yung mga ibang songs sa wave, pati yung atmosphere, parang Sunday Slowdown ng 89.9! listening to wave is like listening to sunday slowdown everyday! i guess that's why i love wave, cause i'm a fan of slowdown too. :)
  • Steven20Steven20 Member PExer
    It was quite a pleasant surprise for me when I accidentally tuned in to 89.1. They were playing "I Will Be Here," then "Love moves in Mysterious ways"... I haven't heard these songs in quite a while. I used to listen to WRock whenever I'm in the mood for slow songs... but I'd had to put up with those sappy, depressing, old songs... wave 89.1 plays more "R&Bish" songs which I prefer a lot more. :)
    Originally posted by IceAngel
    And right after that they played the acapella version of "Four Seasons" (I think that's the title) by Boyz II Men. Let's say that I loved this radio station ever since.

Four Seasons of Loneliness
  • pay_seepay_see Member PExer
    Originally posted by reybelde
    Nga pala, for those who would wanna catch the premiere of Love Notes on Wave 89.1, it will start tomorrow (Friday, March 9). I just dunno kung anong oras, maybe the same time as yung dati. Tutal Magic din naman ang me-ari ng Wave di ba? :lol:

pakisabe naman tungkol saan yung sulat nya..plsssssssssssss coz i got a lot of school project that's why i haven't catch that up. plssssssssss??????? mayb its all about him....or mayb lovelife ni TINA RYAN.
    reybelde

say how did you know all that? :confused: aanhin nila ang ganoong kadaming station...do radio stations make that much money?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file