Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Oh! My Goddess...

well, i've only read some manga translations but hey what do you think about oh! my goddess?! i liked it...though i haven't seen the anime...

Comments

• Me I got bored..... After reading a lot of OMG and watching all the animes I got bored
  • Originally posted by kane_warhead
    Me I got bored..... After reading a lot of OMG and watching all the animes I got bored

really?! well...tsk...tsk...too bad...why did you get bored anyway?
  • ¤ HoLYcRaP ¤ wails in pure ecstasy.

I love that... thingie! I've read a few manga volumes and surfed a few sites but I think the storyline is hilarious! I mean, it's something farout but if you don't think about it, it's actually a feel-good thingie!

Plus plus plus! I think the art is faaaaaaaascinating...

¤ HoLYcRaP ¤ can't stop drooling.

Oh yeah, hello and a biiiiiiig greeting to Mister Big Man Moderator tRiStAn!

I love that... thingie! I've read a few manga volumes and surfed a few sites but I think the storyline is hilarious! I mean, it's something farout but if you don't think about it, it's actually a feel-good thingie!

Plus plus plus! I think the art is faaaaaaaascinating...

¤ HoLYcRaP ¤ can't stop drooling.

Oh yeah, hello and a biiiiiiig greeting to Mister Big Man Moderator tRiStAn!

so true!!! the first thing that i liked about it is the art...belldandy is so beautiful!!! i also liked the plot...though i've only read few of it...it's nice!
  • FenrisFenris PEx Rookie ⭐
    I really really like that Anime...
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well belldandy_e, I'm a certified OMG fan although I refer to it as Ah! My Goddess (AMG), which I feel is the more correct title. I haven't read any manga but I've watched the OAV, which I find quite sweet. By the way there is a new movie, which I'm dying to watch. It features more action, the angels, and the fourth goddess Peorth.

About the art, it is nothing short of magnificent. I've got a lot of anime images in my computer but nothing beats the art of AMG. The character designs are excellent and the attention to detail is outstanding (check out the hair). Since I love the art so much I've managed to collect about 2,000 AMG images on my computer (about 200+ Mb) over a span of several years. I even have some pretty good drawings which maybe I can post here if I can get them scanned. And one more good thing about AMG is that new images are constantly being released, the latest, post-movie images being the fourth evolution of the artwork.

Anyway if you've got some questions about the series (not manga-specific), just asked me. After browsing hundreds of websites, I guess I've learned a lot of stuff about AMG.

[Edited by Les on 05-31-2001 at 12:38 AM]
  • Originally posted by Les
    Well belldandy_e, I'm a certified OMG fan although I refer to it as Ah! My Goddess (AMG), which I feel is the more correct title. I haven't read any manga but I've watched the OAV, which is find quite sweet. By the way there is a new movie, which I'm dying to watch. It features more action, the angels, and the fourth goddess Peorth.

About the art, it is nothing short of magnificent. I've got a lot of anime images in my computer but nothing beats the art of AMG. The character designs are excellent and the attention to detail is outstanding (check out the hair). Since I love the art so much I've managed to collect about 2,000 AMG images on my computer (about 200+ Mb) over a span of several years. I even have some pretty good drawings which maybe I can post here if I can get them scanned. And one more good thing about AMG is that new images are constantly being released, the latest, post-movie images being the fourth evolution of the artwork.

Anyway if you've got some questions about the series (not manga-specific), just asked me. After browsing hundreds of websites, I guess I've learned a lot of stuff about AMG.

oh dear...you really are a certified fan...well, you can post anything here so others can see it...and thank you for the info...i really need to watch it...again...thank you.
  • rinoarinoa PExer
    i luve the artwork. but haven't had the chance to read or watch any of the episodes. don't know where i can borrow anyway.
  • Originally posted by belldandy_e
    Originally posted by kane_warhead
    Me I got bored..... After reading a lot of OMG and watching all the animes I got bored

Yeah.... well OMG is good, but I ..... after reading the creator's other comics.... i found OMG to be cliche

Sorry, if you're offended, but it's only my opinion... You have so many fans here posting on how they so much love

AH! Megumi-Sama
  • Originally posted by kane_warhead
    Originally posted by belldandy_e

Yeah.... well OMG is good, but I ..... after reading the creator's other comics.... i found OMG to be cliche

Sorry, if you're offended, but it's only my opinion... You have so many fans here posting on how they so much love

AH! Megumi-Sama

i'm not offended or something like that...anyway, too bad you've lost interest in it...les, i think, knows almost everything about the anime... :bungi:
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Yeah.... well OMG is good, but I ..... after reading the creator's other comics.... i found OMG to be cliche. Sorry, if you're offended, but it's only my opinion... You have so many fans here posting on how they so much love AH! Megumi-Sama

Are you referring to Kosuke Fujishima? As far as I know there are manga versions of AMG and Taiho Shichauzo (You're Under Arrest) but does he have other manga series'?

Anyway, don't worry about offending anyone. Everyone has his or her own preferences and we should always respect that. :)
  • LesLes PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ...les, i think, knows almost everything about the anime... :bungi:

belldandy_e, thanks for your faith in what I know! :) I'm ok with the OAV and other small details but I'm nearly clueless with regard to the manga. Unfortunately, the manga is where the developments happen, so I'm missing out a huge chunk of the AMG universe.

I didn't mention it earlier but I think Ah! My Goddess might have one of the largest (if not the largest) bodies of anime artwork to exist. This is because there is a continuous output of AMG merchandise from which new artwork is developed. These include the likes of VHS, LD and CD covers, shitajiki or pencilboards, calendars, resin models (a lot of these), posters, etc. Unfortunately, this enormous amount of artwork is scattered all over the Net, over hundreds if not thousands of AMG sites. When I have nothing to do, I sometimes hunt for new images (this contrasts with my earlier days when I downloaded images in bulk).

Anyway if you're interested a lot of cool AMG sites can be found at http://www.anipike.com/amg.html.

P.S: If you're interested in the manga, you should really watch the five-part OAV.
  • C-9C-9 PExer
    Hello!

I've been collecting the Dark Horse comic on and off for years. I usually get only the longer, more action-packed stories 'cause the slower, mushier issues just were too slow.
    Still, Oh!My Goddess is one of my fave anime/manga; the manga art is AWESOME (Kosuke Fujishima's femmes are just so lovely- 'cept for some thick ankles sometimes). The 5-part OAV was also cool, though TOO heavy on the romance and too light on the comedy.

OH! And I have also watched the Oh!My Goddess movie. It is just coming out (though it's been around quite a bit in Japan). The art is really good, and the animation is excellent. It is quite up to date with the characters in the manga; There are big parts for the Fourth Goddess, Peorth, and little Banpei shows up.
    The story is again, heavy on drama and romance and far too light on comedy (they really lose the laughs in the animated OMGs). Some action but nowhere near say, Tenchi.

Later!

C-U!
  • I like Ah Megami-sama...and all of Kosuke-sama's other notable works, like Taiho Shichau-Zo! (which was his first work) and some influences like his original character designs for Sakura Wars.

I have all of the OAV's in VCD (www.doclub.com) and the movie in raw form (I need to find the time to convert it into a VCD...he he)

I'm in the US now, and was eagerly waiting for the DVD release...but I'm leaving at the end of the month already...sigh...
  • SoliduS_AlphASoliduS_AlphA PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Belledandy ? maganda sya pero di ko pa napapanood yun.
  • YUP! i like that anime. i find keichi really funny, lalo na yung mga facial expressions nya. si skuld din kakatuwa kahit na naughty girl sya minsan :evil:
    i was meaning to buy the vcds of the 5 episodes, kaso laging out-of-stock sa astrovision yung first cd. gusto ko sana sabay-sabay silang bilhin para sunod-sunod kong panoorin. :winknudge:
    it's a cool anime with splendid animation
    :flwrface:
  • cool ung anime.. kulit nila tingnan hehe...
  • Got these VCD's for sale, email [email protected] if you're interested, just refer my username (takahashi69) for recognition.

Ah! Megami-Sama / Oh! My Goddess

Morisato Keichi is a typical guy in university. A little bit on the short side, he has problems finding a girlfriend. Now however, he has a goddess living with him -- a goddess with two sisters. This is a sweet story about Keichi and Belldandy and some of the troubles they encounter thanks both to some well-meaning (although unwanted) meddling from others as well as some other influences.

Comments:
    - OAV 1 to 5 (english dubbed)
    - Motion Picture (english subtitled)

5 VCD’s

Selling for only 350 Pesos!

If you want more info or want to see other anime for sale in the different PC formats email [email protected] or visit his site at
    www.geocities.com/cartooncd
    just refer my username (takahashi69) for recognition.
  • The main problem with the anime is that you first have to watch the 5 part OAV then read the 5 Volumes of AMG out there, then you can watch the movie to understand the current storyline. As most scenes in the movie will leave you a bit puzzled but is explained in the manga between the 1 year space of the final episode of the OAV & the Movie. You don't have to do these though, as you will probably figure it out by yourself. ^_^x
  • pinalabas na ung OAV sa AXN a....

btw gnda ng movie.... :)