FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Anyone here into Home Theater?

weapon_x11weapon_x11 close but no cigar PExer
Despite some (valid) misconceptions, HT is quite an affordable hobby. OK, you may not match the big screen experience of Glorietta 4 or PowerPlant cinemas, but the sound part can really be recreated.

Comments

• weapon_x11weapon_x11 close but no cigar PExer
    Anyway, if you need help in setting up a hometheater system in your home, I can give you advise on what to buy.

i.e. dvd players, receivers or pre/pro, amps, speakers.

• ginoledesmaginoledesma Moderator PExer
    I'm more into computers but I'm quite interested in the audio specs of most home theaters. My dad is a home theater fan, though. Sometimes, I feel at a loss about the quality of sound and the requirements needed to produce that (Digital out, etc).

I also see some resellers insisting on getting fiber cable for digital sound out.

I wanna know those! :)
  • se7en_of_ninese7en_of_nine Barbie Borg PExer
    I also see some resellers insisting on getting fiber cable for digital sound out.

I wanna know those! :)

You don't have to use those expensive optical cables to get the digital sound. Any RCA cable will work as long as your player has the coaxial digital .

Did you know that you can turn your PC (a PII 450 or better) into a state of the art hometheater system?

All you need is a dvd-rom, a video card (NVIDIA if you are into gaming or RADEON), a sound card (SB Live 5.1) and a software player (Power DVD, WinDVD)
  • TaobakoinayTaobakoinay inay ??? ✭✭
    hello :)

don't know if this belongs here but, what would you suggest I hook up to my Playstation to get a better sound...

My TV has got no audio outputs, only inputs :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file