Kate Beckinsale

she's the female lead of Pearl Harbor...i think she's gonna be the next big thing...the movie's gonna skyrocket her career! ganda niya, lalo na in Brokedown Palace...

Comments

• The RockThe Rock Old school smackdown layer PExer
    The Rock's had a crush on her since she starred in Kenneth Branagh's film adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing with Branagh, Keanu Reaves and Denzel Washington.:lovesigh: She's really pretty plus that British accent she has in real life is a turn on!:lovealot:
  • SilentbobSilentbob Member PExer
    She was the one who was maabit daw when they filmed Brokedown palace here. I guess she was compared to Claire Danes
  • katkat GHeTTo bOOty PExer
    she's so hot, much more with her red lipstick on in Pearl Harbor.
  • homeBuddyhomeBuddy Member PExer
    she looked so good and classy in the Pearl Harbor premiere...

pearlpre3.jpg
  • GrouchoGroucho drinkless drunk PExer
    I agree that this woman has got the looks, talent, gumption and a timeless old-Hollywood appeal. Plus the fact that she is British is a major thumbs up.

I first saw her in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING where she portrayed the tragic Hero. She solidified her artistry in Whit Stillman's LAST DAYS OF DISCO, as well as a luminous turn in BROKEDOWN PALACE. When the film was shown here in Manila, I admit that it took a lot of convincing for me to watch it because Claire Danes was in it (before she said those things about Manila being "ghastly", I always found her a tad bland and mediocre, although in fairness, she was okay in MY SO-CALLED LIFE). But I watched the film anyway because of Kate.

I read reviews that said that she is one of the best (if not the only) things in PEARL HARBOR, even better than the two male leads. For her fans, she will next be seen in another Merchant-Ivory production called THE GOLDEN BOWL with Uma Thurman, Nick Nolte and Jeremy Northam. Initial review from BBC said that she is the best one in the acting department among her peers in this film. She not only stood her ground -- she's better.
  • homeBuddyhomeBuddy Member PExer
    she was breathtaking in Pearl Harbor...very beautiful and she acts really well, lalo na yung sa hospital scene!
  • f0r5aK3nf0r5aK3n Ascendant BridgeBurner PExer
    She looked even better in Serendipity. I think she will join the ranks of Catherine Zeta-Jones pretty soon.

She's a SMOKER! :P woohoo!!!!
  • f_3_t_i_s_hf_3_t_i_s_h y0u'Re bEneATh mE PExer
    kate beckinsale..she is just so pretty and very talented too!i love pearl harbor and serendipity!:p
  • timidjock79timidjock79 Member PExer
    yeah, i love tha girl especially after seeing her in "pearl harbor" and "serendipity" but she is married though and have a daughter.
  • hannah17smbhannah17smb ifYOUwantITcomeANDgetIT PExer
    i watched the other night yung serendipity!!! okay naman and i love her british accent(tama ba!!!) la lang!!! may anak na pala sya....payat nya noh!!! hehehe la lang ulit!!!
  • *keyah**keyah* On My Side Still PExer
    I liked her since I saw her in Much Ado About Nothing. And yup, she's good in Pearl Harbor but my fave movie of hers would have to be Brokedown Palace.

I have yet to see Serendipity.

*okay*

:heartful:
  • *keyah**keyah* On My Side Still PExer
    She's pretty in the GAP commercial with Orlando Bloom. It was directed by Vanilla Sky director Cameron Crowe.

*okay*

thought most Filipinos boycotted A Brokendown Palace because of the nasty comments about PI that Claire Daines made. I am tempted to watch it but I'll hold on to the boycott! :P
    Originally posted by *keyah*
    She's pretty in the GAP commercial with Orlando Bloom. It was directed by Vanilla Sky director Cameron Crowe.

*okay*

I haven't seen this AD. Hmm.. gotta watch for it! :)
  • mintymalonemintymalone The dynamite PExer
    I liked her in Serendipity. Read somewhere that she was once anorexic though.
  • sunofmunkysunofmunky behave munky PExer
    not so pretty.
  • f_3_t_i_s_hf_3_t_i_s_h y0u'Re bEneATh mE PExer
    Originally posted by f0r5aK3n
    thought most Filipinos boycotted A Brokendown Palace because of the nasty comments about PI that Claire Daines made. I am tempted to watch it but I'll hold on to the boycott! :P

they showed it on star movies last summer i think..the reason i watched it..Paul Walker..haha..but it's a nice movie..actually,i didn't know her name b'fo pa eh..pero she's pretty talaga..

1blue1.gif
  • juniperjuniper The Sweetest Thing PExer
    Pic from the 2002 Screen Actors Guild Awards
    KateBeckin_DeGui_384697_400.jpg

Birth name: Kate Beckinsale Loe
    Date of birth (location): July 26 1973 (London, England, UK)
    Height: 5' 8"

Trivia
    * Studied French and Russian literature while a student at Oxford.

* Studied at New College Oxford, but left to pursue her acting career before completing her degree course.

* Her mother, Judy Loe is an actress, and her father Richard Beckinsale was famous as a comedy actor.

* After a tumultuous adolescence, (a bout of anorexia {cured} and a smoking habit which continues to this day) she gradually took up the profession of acting.

* Got the lead female role in Pearl Harbor after Charlize Theron pulled out to do Sweet November.

* Lost out to Juliette Binoch for a part in Wuthering Heights.

* Has a daughter, Lily Sheen (b. 31 January 1999), with Welsh actor Michael Sheen.

* Suffers from stomach ulcers.

* According to an interview she gave on the UK show The Big Breakfast (December 2001) she hates wearing knickers.

* Selected by Hello Magazine as England's Number #1 Beauty.(2002).

smilie_tanz.gif
  • MillsterMillster Member PExer
    I remember seeing Kate (before I had any idea who she was) in this delightful British comedy called COLD COMFORT FARM. She played a recently orphaned young woman who decides to live with her quirky relatives. It's one of her earlier films (dunno if it's her first).
  • gasolinegasoline Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    she's the one in serendipity and pearl harbour right? she's gorgeous!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file