Home PEx Sports NBA

official WHERE IS MELO GOING TO END UP thread

he's gone in denver, that's for sure. so where do you think is he going to end up? my bet, new york. and it happens before the season starts.

Comments

• kahit saan siya mapunta, denver will end up into a rebuilding team....

no team can offer the denver a player of at least on melo's caliber......

for the sake of discussion i choose chicago....

i rather choose a team with a high percentage of going into the finals.......
  • 1273557615.jpg

melo:"Can I call my manager Garci?"
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    Denver is listening to all offers right now. He's probably going to end up on a team that can give the best value in return.

Or, if the Nuggets get pissed, they're gonna send him to a rebuilding team with slim chances of seeing post season action. Hi Minny! Hello Philly! :wave:
  • If Melo gets traded, paano na yung mga national tv games ng Denver? :D

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!
  • If Denver can strike a deal of getting a good center, why not!! Plus future draft picks...
  • I really think that Melo will be traded to New york dahil yun talaga ang main agenda nang Knicks management na makuha si Melo this season followed by CP3 next season to form another Big 3 against the Celtics big 3 and the Miami SuperBrats 3...
  • My bet is NJ.
  • I think Chicago will be smart enough to hold on to their current lineup. Trading Luol Deng and Joakim Noah for Melo will just create bigger holes for them so I don't think Melo will end up with the Bulls. I do think that he will end up with New Jersey, at least for this season. The Nets have assets that quite satisfy most of what the Nuggets are looking for in return. All-Star caliber players in Brook Lopez and Devin Harris who can eventually replace Kenyon Martin and Chauncey Billups (it is rumored that they are also on the trading block along with JR Smith), young talent with great potential in Derrick Favors and future picks. :)
  • Melo for Noah? I'd do it in a heartbeat. When you can deal for a player like Melo and you're on the cusp of championship contention, you get him. And then you worry later about surrounding him because players will come to you.
  • NJN is offering all their Power Forward players, (Derrick Favors (the No. 3 pick in this year's draft), the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries) and a first round draft pick.
  • Jess24 wrote: »
    Denver is listening to all offers right now. He's probably going to end up on a team that can give the best value in return.

Or, if the Nuggets get pissed, they're gonna send him to a rebuilding team with slim chances of seeing post season action. Hi Minny! Hello Philly! :wave:

I don't think Denvers gonna do that. For them to trade Melo and get the just compensation for him, they have to make him sign a long term contract. No team would take the risk of giving up most of their team for Melo and have him for just a year. Though Melo wouldn't risk going into next season either without a juicy contract because of the impending lockout next season which means he won't be able to cash in big time compared to what he can make by signing this season. :)

But as what happened to Miami, crazy things can happen! Denver may go bonkers and trade him for a pack of peanuts for dissing them. hehe... I hope my NO hornets wake up and join the fray considering they already have an ace up their sleeve in Chris Paul. Wishful thinking! :dizzy:
  • Katchatore wrote: »
    Melo for Noah? I'd do it in a heartbeat. When you can deal for a player like Melo and you're on the cusp of championship contention, you get him. And then you worry later about surrounding him because players will come to you.

As a bulls fan I don't like giving away Noah. Noah is a energetic rebounder player which is hard to find in the NBA right now. Maybe Deng for Anthony okay yan.
  • Jess24 wrote: »
    Hello Philly! :wave:

you bring him to philly, they are going to the playoffs
  • Jess24Jess24 PEx Expert 🎖️
    you bring him to philly, they are going to the playoffs

Maybe, but that depends on what Denver demands in return. If the Sixers' roster gets decimated as a result of the trade, then it would still be an uphill climb for them.

At this point, looks like the Nets are favorites, with all the rest a far, far 2nd.
  • Obviously, I would want my favorite player on my favorite team. But at what cost though? Denver is asking for Gallinari to be included in any trade involving Melo. And personally, I don't think I would want to trade Gallo away for Melo. Gallo is a Knickerbocker at heart, and he really loves the city/team. I can't see him on a different uniform.

Hopefully, New York gets him through Eddy Curry (expiring 12m), Wilson Chandler, Bill Walker, 2 2nd round picks, 2 future 2nd round picks (yes, we only have 2nd round picks), and 3m cash for Carmelo Anthony. If that gets it done, I'd be jumping up and down with my pants off in EDSA.
  • gamberrogamberro PEx Rookie ⭐
    ^Ayan ka na naman. :glee:
  • New York!!!!
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
    There's nothing you can’t do,
    Now you're in New York!!!
    These streets will make you feel brand new,
    the lights will inspire you,
    Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

New York.
  • gamberro wrote: »
    ^Ayan ka na naman. :glee:

The difference between now and then is, I actually LIKE/LOVE the player and actually want HIM as Carmelo Anthony, the player, and what he brings to the table. I wanted LeBron because I viewed him as the only player that can save our Franchise. But I really dislike LeBron (hence the forum name). I just learned to, somewhat LIKE him because the Knicks were supposed to get him. Then he wakes up one day and says he's taking his talents to South Beach. :rotflmao: that @-hole.

Melo is my favorite player, and like I've mentioned many times before (even before LeBron chose the Heat). If Melo was a Free Agent this summer (2010 FA class), I wouldn't even glance at the Queen. :)
  • Melo for Noah? Woah. That's crazy. Doesn't make sense trading away a big who's on the cusp of an All Star berth.
  • Knicks!!!!!!! :bounce: