COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

north and south mini series

for those na nakakatanda pa ng series ng ito, starring patrick swayze (pre- dirty dancing), you're welcome to post your message....

Comments

• The RockThe Rock Old school smackdown layer PExer
    This was a very cool mini-seires from the late 80s.:socool: The fact that it dealt with the American Civil War and that The Rock enjoys learning about that period only served to enhance the pleasure of watching it.*okay* The friendship of George Hazard and Orry Main was put through countless tests as George fought for the Union while Orry joined the Confederacy.

Other than Patrick Swayze, This mini-series also featured early roles for Kirstie Alley and Jonathan Frakes (pre-Star Trek: The Next Generation). Frakes even met his wife, Genie Francis, while fliming this mini-series. There was a follow-up series, North and South Book II, that dealt with the actual Civil War as well as it's after effects.

By the time Heaven and Hell: North and South Book III was released nearly 8 years after Book II, Swayze was already a big star and didn't return with Lesley-Anne Down and the rest of the cast. Medyo lumayo na siya from the great spirit of the first two minis, but it was still a joy to see people like James Read, Down, Frakes, and the evil Philip Casnoff as Bent.:evilgrin:
  • YanaYana JeRRy n JaY = DiaoNess PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Where can i watch this? I'm a fan of patrick swayze, mapapanud pa kaya cya ngyon???
  • anest25anest25 Member PExer
    Originally posted by Yana
    Where can i watch this? I'm a fan of patrick swayze, mapapanud pa kaya cya ngyon???

i dunno if meron available ng series sa vhs...before kasi sa beta (so ancient) meron...

to know more about the series eh read the trilogy available naman yun sa pocketbooks eh. author nya eh si john jakes
  • f0r5aK3nf0r5aK3n Ascendant BridgeBurner PExer
    loved the series!!!! i'm a "sort-of" history buff and epic historical shows really interests me! I even taped the series complete with the commercials! =P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file